Saw Battleground on Sports South channel

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ShaneSTI, Jul 15, 2007.

1. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

I don't know, and I'm sure it has been posted, but I haven't been on these past few days so I don't know whats the latest news on anything. However, I was flipping through the channels today and caught the end of Sports South showing Battleground on some car show. I just caught the last few min's of it though.:( Anyone else catch it?

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah, they were supposedly getting their own reality show. not sure if they are still filming it.

the pilot aired about a month ago on sports south

3. Greg

Greg Active Member

Damn... thats awesome!

4. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Why didn't they post up about it? Gag order from the network?

5. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

i dont think Tracy posted it over here.

here is the original Link:

They interviewed us at different times and away from each other, but we were telling the same story. It's so cool to see how they cut our stories into one.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2036545566
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2036555244
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2036557115
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2036576092

And here is the OCTANE TV shows

http://www.octanetv.com/

First-on the bottom menu bar, click drift scene.
    Second-on the menu on the right hand side, click the very top picture "WDC DRift St. Pete 1 and 2 and 3 and 4" (there are 4 shows posted presently). #3 is Dan's feature. #4 is mine

They post a new show each Wed.

Also on Comcast ONDemand, if you go to The Cutting Edge : OctaneTV : Drift Scene, they're in there as well

6. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

lol, Tracy comes off as such a nerd talking about drifting. Lol, no offence. I'm sure you did 10 x better than i could have.

7. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

that's pretty cool!!

8. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Yep...It is a great show...I saw it a while back. It is posted on IA.

Mark

9. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

LOL. I'm so funny! I kill me! When I watch myself on TV is is so weird! I even get asked for autographs now a days....even weirder.

I forgot to tell you guys, sorry. We are supposed to have our own reality show that starts filming the first week of August. We are still negotiating the contracts and have another production company that wants us, too. So we are just playing the field right now as far as picking one and signing a contract. This one that is on FSN or Sports South was an already existing show that they wanted to do a segment on us on. It ended up that they liked us so much that they gave us the whole 30 minutes and asked us if we wanted a series.

The OctaneTV stuff is something totally separate. That's an on-line TV show that we are a part of that was filmed at the IRL race in St. Petersburg. It will go on for a few months and a new show airs every wed. It's a pretty cool show and like Mike said it also airs on-demand on Comcast.

We have been lucky to have a lot of coverage in the past year or so. It seems as though our hard work may be paying off :) Thank Gawd...we almost went broke an lost everything trying to make it big time. We are 1/2 way there. Thanks for the support!

Next weekend on NOPI Tunervision Dan and I got a big feature...so check it out. It comes on Thursday at 10 or 10:30. I'm not sure...but it re-runs 20 million times a week..so you prolly won't miss it.

~Tracy

10. Deke

Deke Active Member

Uhhhh.....haha I want you all to do awesome and all, but don't get too famous. Haha, I'm going to be pissed if prices start jumping and you have to set an appointment 3 months in advance. But congrats! :)

11. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

We never want to get "too famous". We always want to stay grounded and be "us" no matter what. I think it's a little to early to talk about getting famous anyways. We are still small fish in a BIG ASS pond....it just helps a little that I have boobs in this industry of men :D.

About the 3 month waiting list: I can't promise anything. We get on 3 month waiting list sometimes with no TV show. That being said, We just want to do our thing and be there for the people who supported us when we were nobodies. We haven't done this alone and I have promised a few people that if we ever make it, we will take them with us. So, it's really our goal to make it for them...as well as us. As for our customers, you know we started this whole thing by accident. We didn't like the way the shops we went to were run....so we started our own. Same with our drift events. No matter what people "think" of us sometimes, we are down for the people.

~Tracy

12. WJM

WJM Banned

We saw you guys pull into the Pilot station for fuel this evening, it was like exit 146 or something. We were on our way out.

13. MarkM2016GTI

I will keep my eyes peeled over here in Kauai for the show on Thursday. I hope that they air it. I have cable, but it is not digital. You guys rock....

Mark:bigthumb:

14. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

YEA. We went drifiting in S. GA yesterday. What were you doing there?

15. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

It comes on Speed, Mark. For most it's a regular cable channel.
    ~Tracy

16. WJM

WJM Banned

On our way back from St. Augustine visiting Ashleys family.

17. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Dang I missed my first chance to meet you in person :(

~Tracy

18. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

BTW, I forgot to mention that all of the footage they used on the FSN show besides the interviews is from Keegan. he shot it all for our Drift Emipre stuff

19. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

thanks for the plug!!! :)

20. FACE

FACE Active Member

Good Luck! I'll for sure check it out!

21. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

NP ho :D You been there for us booger butt.

22. WJM

WJM Banned

well if you'd hang out at BG more we'd meed. I've been over there 3 times! ;)

23. Greg

Greg Active Member

Awesome, I love to see shops like this that start our small with A LOT of hard work actually get what they deserve in the long run. Unlike that Unique Whips where he already had a million dollar shop setup. Thats what I liked about the OCC series until it just became a man's soap opera

24. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Well, thanks to Mike and Scott, I get to work on other things away from the shop...like Drift Fury and the TV show stuff and sponsorship stuff and tanning and going to the pool and getting my nails done... :)

25. MarkM2016GTI

I get the Speed Channel. I am looking forward to seeing it. Thanks Trace.....

Mark:)