some kind of problem??need some help

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by bjtyson3, Jul 10, 2007.

1. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

im having some problem in my drive train..cant really pinpoint the problem..but i really need some help because its starting to scare me a little..ok..there is a popping sound and jerky feel when i get on my car hard..it only does it in gears besides 1st and 2nd..it only does it at hard acceleration but does it worse if i give it hard gas out of the power range..like in 6th at maybe 50..but anyways,it makes a knock and you feel it through the shifter and the whole car..the rpms stay up and boost never drops so i have no indication its the engine..the funny thing is that it only does it in auto dccd..in lock up or any other setting it doesnt do it at all..any help is welcome..i dont wanna take the 200 mile trip to SOG to find out whats wrong...

2. sleeper31204

sleeper31204 Member

im not no auto tech, but could this be bushings??

-William...

3. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

idk...see every solution someone comes up with can work but idk...it would still do that if it was in any dccd setting though

4. FACE

FACE Active Member

vacum leak???

5. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

it didnt start doing it until after i got my car tuned and dp..SS said it could be my downpipe hitting and causing the sound and feel and it would cause the knock sensor to go off...but i would think it would do it more than it does..and it doesnt just do it every now and then...when it does it..it will do it about every 500 or so rpms until i shift and it will do it when i back off too...i think it could be the dp because it didnt do it until the night i got home after the dp install at batlgrounds..if its just the dp then i can tolerate it because its not that bad..it just makes me worry

6. sleeper31204

sleeper31204 Member

true..... have you gotten under the car to wiggle any thing around. i know that sounds kinda silly, but if it in fact something loose, then you should feel it moving. hope things turn out well, trouble shooting always sucks.

-William...

7. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

so Scott didn't think anything was horribly wrong? It's not bad gas... Your DP should hit something unless it's installed horribly wrong. I don't know dude. sounds like a misfire. But if the Siegel tuned it then I don't know.

8. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

well..i guess im just gonna take the long trip to SOG..at lease i bought an extended warranty..haha

9. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

It doesn't do it with the DCCD changed??? Check this again and let me know. That's wierd... Sound like it might be something with auto center diff...

Siegel

10. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

yea..i can guarantee that it doesnt do it in any mode except auto..you can be going and hit it in lock or rear and nothing..back off and do it again in auto and it'll do it

11. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

ever find out what it was?

12. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Center diff is toast from running different size tires front and rear...

Anybody know someone with a 6mt center diff for sale?

Siegel

13. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

it'd be nice to find one..im looking at over 5k for new diff and tires..pm if anybody has any info on one

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ouch...

15. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

damn, i'm happy to say that wasn't my fault then. That sucks to hear that bro.