2003 WRX to 2006 STi Conversion help.

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Buchwildwrx, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Buchwildwrx

Buchwildwrx New Member

The garage put my car together with no working speedo, no front turn signals, and the motor on the wiper smoked and fails to work. Anyone here work on these issues in the Atlanta area. This garage just got forced to close since they're widening the road. I will be left to fix the rest :-/

HELP. I need someone that is good with finishing the conversion. It drives fine.

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

did u get a full swap (with ECU) or did they splice the harness. The car wouldnt run with your stock ECu so it has to be the harness. i have heard wiring horror stories about swapped cars with spliced harnesses. but maybe yours is a simple fix....?

3. mckenzietj

mckenzietj Member

I have access to system wiring diagrams but won't be at work 'til Wednesday. Electrical stuff is one of my stronger areas so I'm sure I could help you but you may have to bring the car to me unless you're pretty good w/digging thru wires and have a decent amount of electrical knowlege, but there is only so much you can do over the phone also! Call me Wednesday morning and we'll talk.

4. Buchwildwrx

Buchwildwrx New Member

Do not see a number in your profile. The harness is spliced using the entire 2006 STi harness using the connectors from the bugeye harness. I may be getting screwed by the garage tomorrow on these repairs and the insane hours they put into it doing their first swap with harness. The DBW is working and the engine runs pretty good. The STi fuel pump should be here this week. car runs but incomplete on little things due to the city closing their shop down to widen Jimmy Carter.

my air bags are non functional, both in the front. I have no AC because where the pressure switch is located in a different spot compared to the STi. I really have exhausted my resources and can pay but would have to be a fix or two at a time. I really want a speedo and turn signals in the front working. This is the STi cluster from the 2006 STi. HVAC can come later.

What's your phone number?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  5. ARNOLDWRX

ARNOLDWRX Member

why don`t you just use the wrx factory haness?
    almost all the connectors will work, the intake camshaft advance will not work without the sti ecu but with a good tune & mods that will not make that big of a horse power lose.

try not to cut up the car to make an engine & ecu work! make the engine & ecu work for you.
    it will be a lot less work to use the factory ecu & harness with a flash & modify the oem harness where needed, than to make the sti harness work.

did you think about the abs unit? that also works in relation with the ecu. the instrument cluster also dose not mount in the oem place in some models.

6. Buchwildwrx

Buchwildwrx New Member

Yeah but AVCS will only work with the STi ECU and wires and besides that the harness is installed already. The abs pump nost people leave unplugged. I can get the STi pump at SoG used and pretty cheap. These are little things. The Cluster is in and works fine, fit right in like factory. I have a few little things to wire but since I have the wiring diagram it is not too bad. I just need help on the wiper motor and A/C controls and this car is 100 percent done!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  7. ARNOLDWRX

ARNOLDWRX Member

sounds like a winner.
    get-r-dun!!!