tire blew on me tonight *sigh*

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by ShaneSTI, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

hit something on the damn road tonight..don't know what it was but it put a big ass gash on the side wall. now i need to check if yokohama still makes the avs db's. if not, then a whole new set is in the future when i have the money. where can i get a decent price on some nice tires? what a night...bah.

2. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

check out www.tirerack.com. i just got my tire from them for a really good price.

3. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah thats where i got my tires from originaly. i'm actually on there right now seeing what they got.

4. kingwrex

i bought some khumo ecsta ast. they were like $78 a piece. not bad for 18' tires.
    they stuck pretty good at the last mountain run so i am pretty happy with them.

5. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

6. kingwrex

7. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

nice bro...thanks for all the inputs. i may consider some khumos too for the price.

8. kingwrex

yep, thats why i got them. they are fairly cheap, have a pretty good treadware rating and they perform pretty well also.

9. kingwrex

10. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

i'm diggin the g-forces.hmm you def put a bug in my head.

11. kingwrex

decisions decisions. good luck bro

12. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Sorry to hear that Shane....I would definitely recommend the Kumho's...they have a really sturdy sidewall. I plan on getting some when the Fuzion's go on me in the near future.....G/L Bro.....Kumho's FTW.....

Mark

13. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

i just got a flat too...turns out the inside of the front tires were balding and one just let out all the air. i guess it's better that i fix it now than sell it like that.

14. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

The bridgestones are on sale :)

16. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

they have a total of 13 tires for my car, and not diggin their selection.;)

17. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

where are they on sale at Alex?

18. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Yeah, I heard that edgeracing has really awesome deals from some peeps over here and in Orlando also. I may just get my tires there. Thanks for the reminder Matt.

Mark

19. Nhlsc99

Nhlsc99 New Member

The g forces are amazing i just got them on my wrx about a month ago at NTB for $99 a tire. They come highly recomended and there z rated.

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

21. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Dang sorry to hear Shane, try discount tires also they may have something a lil cheaper.

22. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

Thanks Fareed. Well, my tires are dicontinued; however, I called Yokohama directly and they still have a few in their wharehouse. Sooo, I called Tirerack and they are trying to order these. Meaning, I'd only have to purchase 2, because the 2 back ones have 80% tread left. I'm going to call Discount Tires and see what they quote me them at.

23. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

Just come to discount tire in l'ville by discover mills.. I work their and we have the lowest price guaranteed!! I usually can get whatever tire you need

24. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

PM'd you.^