17x9-9.5?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by clemsonscooby, Jul 23, 2007.

1. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Anybody have some brand names of wheels that are made in the 17x9 to 9.5 48+offset and 5x100 pattern? I have looked at the normal racing wheels, volks, ssr, etc... but I couldn't find anything in that size. I have seen the three piece wheels like stompy has been running with the interchangable rim to increase the width, but I don't know the name of the manufacturer. This would probably be an ideal setup, so that if I switch from a 275 to a 315 I won't have to buy another full wheel. Thanks for the help.

2. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

You could try Kinesis, If you would like I can call I sell there brand at my work, So just me know.

3. clemsonscooby

Those are more bling than bang. I am looking for a racing wheel, thus the 9 to 9.5" wide wheel. All those wheels were 18's to 20+ show wheels.

4. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Joel's wheels are custom made.... some ungodly cost too. Can't remember the maker's name. 5zingen make some 17x9 but I don't know the offset.

5. clemsonscooby

6. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

The Kinesis is a race wheel used by Porsche, And built by Asanti. And they will build them for any make and model.

7. clemsonscooby

I thought Porsche used BBS wheels. Either way, I haven't been able to navigate that site to get a quote for a custom wheel in a 17x9.5.

8. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

9. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

10. Meredith

Meredith Banned

yes CCW, that's the name.

11. AWD_Tiger

AWD_Tiger Member

Tom,

I think Devin has ccw's

12. clemsonscooby

Yeah, he was running them with Azeni's at the June Columbia. I was very jealous, they look hot.

That wheel weights website was a huge help.

There are a few sets of wheels from advan and a few others that have similar or less weight for almost half the price. The CCW are 2200/set for base price while I have seen others for 300-400/wheel.

Most of the wider stuff that I am finding (non custom) bolt pattern's are the STi's, not the 5x100.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  13. Lutfy

Lutfy Member

The 04 Stis are also 5*100 no? Unless you are refering to 5*114 Stis?

Lutfy

14. clemsonscooby

Yes that is correct, but not many people desire to race 04's. Hub problems.

Someone from another board pointed me in the direction of the Works. They have a lot of 5x100 wheels in the 17x9.5.

15. clemsonscooby

Does anyone know what offset should be run on a 9.5" wheel? Its a 275 tire, 10.3" tread. I calculated about 32mm offset, but if anyone knows of an offset someone else has used and works, that would be great. I imagine the offset would be the same as any STi also. Nevermind, found the NASIOC thread about offset. Looks like people are using 45 offset with a 8mm spacer.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007