know any tuners?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by miloman, Feb 23, 2004.

1. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

could anyone recommend a good performance tuner in atlanta? i just got a stage 1 utec for my wrx and i was considering getting it installed by a pro.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

cobb tuning I Believe is in Ga, but I can never find out where. I knew a guy once though who had is car tuned by 'em, I'll see if I can track them down for ya.

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

I wonder how excited they would be to tune a car with a utec... they are bigger promoters of the reflash... i guess it wouldn't hurt to call them and find out though :)

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Milo,
    When you pay them a visit please bring them something on behalf of WRXatlanta -- I'll give you something to print out for them. Its just a little something extending an offer for them to join the WRXatlanta community and become an offical vendor.

Thanks bud.

Attached Files:

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

no problem... i'll hand them the flyer

they had like 3 wrx's in there that i could see... with body kits, paint jobs, the works... plus they have a reputation for tuning utecs... i feel safe putting my car in their hands

7. Dreeezy

Dreeezy New Member

Assist Automotive in Stome Mtn does great work

8. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Are you going up there this weekend? I may check it out as well. Unless its Sat then I may go to commerce. Let me know, I am interested in seeing the utec tuning bit.

Jason

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im gonna go up there saturday morning. i have an appointment at 10am. Im not gonna get it tuned though. i got the UTEC stage 1 which is just the piggyback ecu. the guys at knowledge recommended that i run the stage 1 base map. from their experience, if i get it tuned, i'll probably get about 10hp more than what the base map would give me. thats really not worth the $300+ that i would end up spending for tuning. ill get it tuned whenever i go for the stage 2 upgrade. thats where tuning can unleash a lot more power than what the stage 2 map gives you.

im gonna try to do 'before and after' dyno runs to see what i really gain. hopefully i get 200whp as it says on the turboxs site :)

10. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

We tune pretty much anything here.

11. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

uber bump eh? :)

j/k

Jason

12. HalfBaked

HalfBaked New Member