Largest tire w/o rolling fenders

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by techlord, Jul 30, 2007.

1. techlord

techlord Active Member

I have the prodrive P1's 53 offset and want to try to put some 245-35-18 think I can get them to fit without cutting/rolling fenders? With my TEIN CO's set about 3/4" above tires would like to keep the same ride height.

Can it be done?

2. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

we run 275/40-17 on our car without rolled fenders, but with a 5mm spacer on the stock wheel.

3. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

You are going to have problems fitting a 245 under the rear of the bugeye. The STi I believe has slightly larger fenders in the rear. I had to cut my fenders on the inside a little bit when I use a 245 Hoosier, but the 245 Hoosier is a lot wider than most 245's. I am running 235 Falken's right now with no problem. I could probably fit a 245 street tire thats with stock offset and no spacing. Also, remember your camber will also matter. If your wheel has less neg. camber than stock, it will push the top of the wheel closer to the inside of the fender.

4. ARNOLDWRX

ARNOLDWRX Member

top hat performance rolls fenders for $25 a wheel.
    i know you did not want to do that but it is so cheap and it would not hurt to do.
    check the website http://www.tophatperformance.com/service/fender/

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Lethal Injection just got a fender roller. I'm looking at getting my rears done pretty soon. I'll let you know cost. I've seen a couple 240's they've done. They look great!

6. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

LOL...don't roll the fenders....cut them.

That way you can run 315s like Me.

LOL

7. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I had 245/40-17's 17x8, 48 offset on my bugeye without problems. I now have 275/40-17's on the same wheels but I had to roll the fenders. I'm not sure about your 18's though

8. techlord

techlord Active Member

cool so it looks like I will go with the 245's or perhaps larger on my next set. I am not against rolling or cutting for that matter as long as my baby remains beautiful.

9. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

My car is not lowered nor is it a bugeye but on my car i have 19 by 7.5 w/ a 235 series tire and i still have a gap. I guess i need to lower my car.

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

How much did you cut? Did you have to re-paint it?

11. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

When did people start paying to have their fenders rolled? Hell, I have been rolling fenders on my cars with a baseball bat for 15 years...

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Pics of the finished product?

13. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

hmm. Have to see what I can dig up from my older cars..

14. clemsonscooby

Yeah, I have seen the baseball bat rolling. Its cool if you are going with the ocean waves effect. Its really sloppy. I have seen where people rent the roller, which is expensive and takes a bit of know-how. $25/wheel is really cheap in my opinion.

15. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Sure, any hack can mess up a car with a baseball bat or even using a proper tool. If you know what your doing and care about your work, it is amazing what you can do...
    I've honestly never seen a fender rolling machine, I would like to see how one works.

16. clemsonscooby

^^^Go to the tophatperformance website that was posted earlier and check out the fender rolling link. It has a picture of the roller. It attaches to the brake rotor and wheel lugs. It uses that as your rotational center to roll the fender. It is really clean and very symmetrica, you set it to only roll a little bit at a time so you don't get waves.