Heya

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by WolfSong, Aug 22, 2007.

1. WolfSong

WolfSong Member

I've lurked here for a while, with CoolRex being one of my closest friends but decided that I should register myself and check out the somewhat local WRX board. I work with CoolRex as a computer programmer now but I've been pretty active in the tuning community. I was briefly a partner in EPiK Motorsports in Myrtle Beach, but our financial problems caught up with us and the shop finally closed, unfortunately on my watch. I did enjoy the experience of running a tuning shop, but I'm very happy to be back earning a regular paycheck.

I have a Midnight Black Pearl 02 WRX wagon with a few mods. I bought this wagon back in 02 and it spent about 4 years with my parents when they took over the payments during my divorce and now I'm buying the car back from them again.

My mods list is pretty short, but there are several pieces lurking around to go on when I get the chance.
    - Gold Rota Formel 17x7.5 wheels with Falkan Rubber
    - Custom Gold and Black Front Emblem, Blacked out Headlights, Debaged the "SUBARU" on the rear.
    - Koni Inserts with Prodrive Springs
    - Whiteline quick release Wagon rear strut tower bar.
    - Custom Camber Setup, -1.4 front, -1.0 Rear.
    - Kartboy Shift knob, Autospeed billet trim items (licence plate, shifter surround, and the OEM style dead pedal)
    - COBB AP V2 Running Stage 1
    - Go Fast Bits Stealth FX BOV running 70/30 (recirc/atmo)
    - A'PEXi Turbo Timer
    - Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT reciever with Forester Pocket underneath. Inifnity Speakers in the front, Rockfort Fosgate 10" sub with a Kicker amp.

Sitting around waiting to go on the car when I have a chance or get the rest of what I need.
    -Roof Rail Deletes (still not sure I want to delete these, because I know if I do, I'll need them)
    -ERZ Up-pipe
    -Perrin Divorced Wastegate Downpipe- Catless
    -MadDad Whisper Dual Tip Exhaust (en-route, then the uppipe and downpipe will go on)
    -COBB Heat Shield
    -OEM clock pod (need 52mm gauges)

Unfortunately I was in an accident a few weeks back and my car was slightly damaged, a touron decided to make a U-Turn from the outer lane and turned across me... low speed hit to my passenger front, and the cop gave him the ticket and a tounge lashing for such a boneheaded move.

Messed up my bumper support, bumper and my passenger side fender (and headlight and foglight)
    I'm wanting to convert the front to a sedan now, so I'm actively looking for the front body pieces from a rear hit MBP sedan.

Thought I'd say "hey" and finally register.

Derek

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Welcome dude.

3. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

:wavey:welcome!

4. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

sup? pics?

5. STI LOVER

STI LOVER Member

Welcome.

6. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

welcome aboard

7. Meredith

Meredith Banned

hi, you should register for the subaru challenge

8. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Welcome.

9. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

welcome and some pictures please.

You should defintely check out the subaru challenge.
    Give you a good chance to put a lot of faces and names together plus hang out with all these crazy fools on the forums :)

10. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Get some pics man. Do the roof rail deletes, if you search I did a lengthy writeup on them last year. IMO if you've yet to use the rails you probably wont. You can always retrofit a clamping style rack onto the roof even without the rails.

Welcome to the club!

11. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Welcome!!!!

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Oh he has used them in the past.....imagine a wagon with lumber on the roof.

13. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Nice, mine just always carries empty kegs to the store and then full kegs back to the house. I wouldnt dream of putting a keg on the roof.

14. Deke

Deke Active Member

[​IMG]

Welcome :)

15. WolfSong

WolfSong Member

Pics :) When I first got her back...
    [​IMG]

What she is now... before the freaking idiot touron at least:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Welcome to the club :)

17. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

strong!

welcome

18. Deke

Deke Active Member

Looks good! That hoodscoop could eat small children.

19. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

welcome

20. ScottyB

ScottyB Member

black and gold is a beautiful thing

21. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

welcome and enjoy

22. cheatwood792

cheatwood792 New Member

you should definately register, HEY!!!

23. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welcome to the community :wavey:

car looks great!

24. WolfSong

WolfSong Member

Heh... 4" Ebay CF one... a little much but I have an APS splitter underneath so it's very functional. Plan to eventually downsize unless I go FMIC.

25. WolfSong

WolfSong Member

Unfortunately the car currently looks like this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A touron (tourist + moron, we have a lot of those in Myrtle Beach) decided they were going to do a U turn from the outside lane in front of me and I couldn't quite get stopped in time. Low speed hit so it's pretty much cosmetic, but still upsetting since the car's been mechanically and cosmetically perfect since day 1. I have a settlement from the insurance company and so I can either have it repaired back to stock, or I've been exploring to find an affordable way of converting it to sedan fenders since I'm replacing 2 out of the 3 painted components involved. Unfortunately the settlement is rather skimpy on the paint budget... so I'm trying to find a solution that's either going to involve minimal painting (used MBP components from a rear hit sedan) or parts cheap enough to ensure I have the extra money I know I'll need for the paint to be matched well.

CoolRex will tell you... I agonize over this stuff and I'm such a perfectionist.

26. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Tell me about it. It's not even that bad of damage and Derek complains about it more than I did when I had no front bumper at all.

WolfSong's downfall is when something happens to the car it's all of a sudden a POS. That irks me bigtime.

27. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

welcome to the boards.

28. WolfSong

WolfSong Member

Well the sedan front end conversion is a go... Tristan at The King of Parts managed to find some boxes to ship most of my order in and they are on their way to me. I had to drop the bumper cover off the order since it was going to cost more to get it from them than it would to get it from the dealer.

Still looking for a good deal on a bumper before getting one through the local Subaru dealer.

29. savsuby

savsuby Member

Welcome