McDonald's Iced Coffee

Discussion in 'Kitchen & Cellar' started by miloman, Oct 10, 2007.

1. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

I'm not a huge coffee connoisseur in general but I absolutely love iced coffees. I had one at McDonalds today and was completely blown away by how good it was. It was better than any iced coffee I have EVER had at Starbucks or Seattle's Best.

If you like iced coffee and haven't tried it at McDonalds, I strongly recommend you try it. If you know of a place that has better iced coffee, let me know :)

2. Meredith

Meredith Banned

it's not half bad.... when I travel for work alot of times i'm in the middle of no-where and good coffee is hard to come by. Had one the other day and it was not bad.

3. Deke

Deke Active Member

I haven't tried it yet, but definitely have been meaning to. I get iced coffee from Starbucks regularly.

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I love that stuff. I have been addicted to the Vanilla Iced Coffee since the day they introduced it. I have always liked Frappacinos and the likes, so when McD's advertised their new iced coffee, I figured I'd give it a try, and am glad I did.

5. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

ya i saw that on like yahoo or something...that mcdonalds was voted better than star bucks...but then again thats like having a CRX faster than a Ferrari.. Cuz at the end of the day..ur still in a crx..and at the end of the day...its still mcdonalds..haha.....but then again my car probably be heavily modded if it weren't for my addiction to that money pit star bucks...speaking of which.. i need some..my head hurts and hands are shaking..lol

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'll have to try it. I've always been more of a Dunkin Donuts coffee person than starfucks. Its just a shame that there isnt one anywhere around here.

7. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

I see Valerie here every morning with damn mcd's Iced coffee. I guess I should try it out

8. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

its amazing!

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

People at my work go bat-shit over those... Someones allways going on a McD's iced coffee run... Unfortunately they conflict with my diet plan and I can't have one :(

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

How does it compare to burger king's version?

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Haven't tried BK. But in the past, there has been nothing at BK that I have liked better than McD's

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^Have you never had a double whopper with cheese??? The best burger of all time?(besides restaurants like fudruckers)..

13. Deke

Deke Active Member

Can you get it any time of the day? McD's iced coffee that is.

14. mckenzietj

mckenzietj Member

Why yes Dewey, you may order your Mickey D's iced coffee any time of the day!

15. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

MMMMMMM Good!!

16. heathbar

heathbar Member

there aren't any McD's in my path of walking to work/school... there are 2 starbucks however :ugh:

17. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha, truth.

18. Eco Auto Clean

unlike starbucks...you can usually have a lite version of anything they have..which should be able to compliment your diet a bit..just don't go overboard!

19. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

you go to tech? thers always the one on hempil..

20. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yeah, gonna have to check the menu for a lite small version....

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

At the risk of going off topic, I have had the double whopper with cheese and in my opinion it comes nowhere close to a double quarter pounder with cheese. Here's why I like McD'd

1) Double quarter pounder with cheese is probably the ultimate burger ever. I have not had a burger anywhere, even at a restaurant, that comes close.
    2) McD's fries are some of my favorite fries. They are one of the only fries that I can enjoy without ketchup.
    3) Iced coffee is so good, it makes me wet my pants. :p

22. Meredith

Meredith Banned

what no royale with cheese?

23. Deke

Deke Active Member

Hardee's six dollar burger trumps both.

24. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ I've just never cared for Mcd's burgers at all... doesn't even taste like real meat to me, and the patties are tiny.... At the risk of being publicly flogged, I think BK's fries are better(once they changed them a while back)... And yes, Hardees thickburgers are very good... all of which I can't have due to earlier mentioned diet....... boo, now I'm hungry...

25. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I am gonna have to try that iced coffee at Mickey D's Milo...thanks for the info...I don't go to Starbuck's very often...too pricey I think, but I do like Caribou also....I wish they were in VA too.

Mark

26. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

:eek4: Are you serious? Go to Landmark's Diner on Roswell road and get their cheeseburger, or the OK cafe near northside drive. 6ft under on memorial drive has a mean burger too, as does Highland Tap in midtown. Or Backyard burger in a variety of locations, shit even Wendy's is better!

The single patty hamburgers at mcdonalds are a nice snack and the fries are the best by far, but the double cheeseburger is just mushy, sickening and foul!

27. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Wendy's is better than BK but still not as good as a DQP. I don't like the burgers at OK Cafe.

Come to think of it, I like the DQP better than the stuff I have tried at the Vortex
    *wearing flame suit and wielding ban stick* :p

28. Eco Auto Clean

well looks like ima be buying stock in some mcy deeez cuz of this post...lol

29. caseyfoster

caseyfoster Member

Quoted for truth. Landmark Diner burger > ALL.

30. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

just had the vanilla iced coffee. Must admit, it was good! i think there's crack in it or something. And 1.92 FTW!

31. Rzoops

Rzoops New Member

I absolutely <3 McDonald's iced coffee.. usually I just get the small one though, since the "big gulp" pretty much makes me go crazy from caffeine overload..

And I can definitely vouch that it is slightly better than Starbucks' version, but WAY better than Burger King's.

32. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Does Burger King have a Flavor choice. I know they have the Mocha Joe, but do they have anything else. McD's at least has the Hazelnut, Vanilla, or Regular.

33. Rzoops

Rzoops New Member

No flavors at BK, and it's much smaller anyways (but same price as McD). And the last time I tried it, the cup was about 80% ice..

34. Demo24

Demo24 Member

These are what kept me hydrated at a concert over the summer. Free FTW! Was pretty good, although I haven't gotten one through a store yet. Don't like starbucks at all.

35. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I got one of them earlier today and wasnt really impressed. I tried the regular flavor and it was really watered down tasting. Not bad for McDs though.

36. Rzoops

Rzoops New Member

Have you had the vanilla yet? Honestly, I can't stand the regular flavor. But a little vanilla makes it a totally different drink IMO.

37. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Yeah the vanilla is the shittt!

did you know mcd regular coffee was rated better than starbucks?

38. Eco Auto Clean

post #5 :wavey: