Are we allowed to wash our cars during this drought?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by STiLLsLow, Nov 3, 2007.

1. STiLLsLow

STiLLsLow Member

2. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

use the car wash

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

you can be fined for washing your car at your home. throw some mud on it and give it that rally look :)

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

not only fined, but if you're caught, and your neighbors WILL call the cops on you, your water is subject to being shut off.....NOT worth it, take it to the car wash while you still can before they get closed too.

5. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

atleast you guys can use the carwashes they shut them down in paulding county

6. FACE

FACE Active Member

Use the self spray wash...and the spot free rinse does help

7. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Yep, Take a bucket/sponge and $4.00 in quarters. Start the wash, fill your bucket, hose down your car, then wash the entire car with your sponge and bucket like you are at home. Then put in another $2.00 and rinse your car and use the spot free rinse. Dry....
    Just like at home, only it costs $4.00

8. STiLLsLow

STiLLsLow Member

ya that sounds more like it, i ll go by the one near my house after goin to get an oil change. thanks for the tips!

9. FACE

FACE Active Member

Maybe Im just OCD but it costs me $6 for some reason! :coolugh:

10. Kolgoth

Kolgoth Supporting Member

Maybe if you could spell "allowed" correctly they would let you... I dunno - you should go ask your local English teacher who you should talk to in Gwinnett about it... I think they could probably help you out... Just thinkin out loud...er...aloud...

Other than that - ya - self spray wash...

11. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

:eek3:

now now!!! :hsugh: :hsnono:

12. 1naplay

1naplay Member

13. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Yes, let's keep it nice.

14. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

wow..I have not seen a grammar nazi on here in a long time! Now if this was http://www.englishforums.com/ that would be appropriate but it is not so lets just chill out :)

15. STiLLsLow

STiLLsLow Member

:rofl:knowing you spent time out of your life to make that posts makes me feel just a bit proud of my grammatic mistake. :fawk:

for everyone who actually contributed to this thread, thanks for your advice. i totally forgot about the self-wash near my house since i've never had to use it.

16. Demo24

Demo24 Member

my car gets a wash every 3 thousand miles : aka sog free car wash. Dunno how much longer they are going to keep doing that though.

As long as the windows are clean I don't really care too much. It's not a beautiful car so no need to bother

17. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Im not recommending this but i thought i saw someone with a black turboed wagon do this.

3x5 gallon water cooler jugs filled with ......
    1 bucket
    1 sponge
    x oz of your fav car wash
    some qtrs wash spray tha car at the car wash
    use water from ????? mix with soap
    and wash car and rinse

drive home and MF with favourite lube

18. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

haha I get mine done every 3k at sog of gwinnett too..which is almost monthly, or pretty close to it. also for those who live in gwinnett there is great hand car wash at the sims gas station across from tgi fridays on pleasant hill rd...just fyi...yea this drought sux..not just because our cars stay dirtier longer but for more important reasons too! Hopefully it will get better soon!

19. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Ummm. We probably don't want to know that you MF with your favorite lube!! What kind of sicko are you anyway? :ky:

20. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

^ MF = micro fiber

:)

21. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

never used the quarters-do-it-self car wash before, what is this rinse-free thing I'm hearing about? Is it the last thing you spray on and it will dry itself? I really need a wash.

22. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Spot-Free rinse is usually offered. It helps the water sheet off your car. You still have to dry it yourself for it not to look like Poo, but it helps keep the waterspots to a minimum.

23. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  24. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

paulding and cobb counties

25. Deke

Deke Active Member

Does anyone know if there is DIY car wash anywhere around Georgia Tech? I used to just wash my car whenever I made it home, but do to water restrictions I can't even do that anymore. The only place I've ever gotten my car washed is this little place on Northside Dr. They do a great job, it's just kind of expensive.