Moving to Marietta - who's in the area?

Discussion in 'General Community' started by cMags, Nov 1, 2007.

1. cMags

cMags Member

Flying down this weekend to look at houses in Marietta, many of them near Powder Springs Road and Barrett Pkwy. Just curious if anyone lives in the area, or has any opinions of it. Suggestions for local necessities like grocery, liquor, and auto parts stores :naughty: could prove helpful too. I'll be making the move with my wife the first week of the year. It's coming up fast!

Thanks!

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

there are a ton of us in the Marietta area, and we have bi-weekly meets that are in Marietta, or near to it.

3. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

i used to live in powder springs near that area its a good area, i would look more towards probably macland road and barrett parkway, they are building alot over that way.

4. cMags

cMags Member

Great! I'd love to meet up with you guys some time. We're starting pretty fresh down there - no family in the area, and only one friend so far that we met the first time we came down to look for houses two weeks ago. I assume the G2G is in the appropriate forum? I'll check it out once I get down there.

Since it'll be January when I do get there, do any of you know of good empty lots for playing in the snow? Do you guys even get snow down there? :rofl:

5. wrxin8or

Snow? What is that? Is that the magical stuff that falls out of the sky once a year instead of rain?

Yeah, just check the g2g section. Look for the 2pt5rs Tuesday night meets. They end up being a lot of fun

6. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

snow? i havent seen snow since the blizzard of 93! but yea if you wanna hang out of something as long ans i am not playing slave to the government my fiance and I love to meet new people. just drop us a line.

7. FACE

FACE Active Member

Im in east cobb off peidmont!

8. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

:wavey: I'm about 8-10 miles from there. LOVE it.

It's probably the best area in Georgia unless you can afford Vinings or a few spots in downtown Atl.

9. You are talking about hail, right? :wiggle:

10. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

yea he was all it does is ice here

11. cMags

cMags Member

So I guess I can get rid of my Blizzak snow tires then, huh? They're supposedly rated for ice, but they don't do much... (Of course, I'll probably need them up here before heading down in Jan.)

But thanks everyone for the warm reception. I'll definitely look into those meets, and I'll shoot you a message SVXGirl - my wife and I are always up for meeting new people. It'd be good for her to see that girls can be car people too (she drives an '02 Legacy sedan and loves it, but doesn't quite give it the TLC it deserves) lol...

12. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

look forward to hearing from you man!

13. cMags

cMags Member

So I'll be heading down to Atlanta tomorrow morning to look at more houses in the Marietta area (got about 8 on the plate this weekend so far). Not leaving until Monday early afternoon. that gives me a couple evenings free.

Last time I was down there, my new friend brought us out to the Cowboy Club, which was quite the place. Very interesting setup for a bar, absolutely huge, good live music (the house band was playing - I think that it was that guy who just joined Lonestar's last night there). However, I was hoping to find some night life that was a little more subdued, and if possible, find a place where beer isn't $4-5 for a domestic bottle. Any recommendations?

14. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

that's gonna be almost anywhere you go like that unless you hit happy hour. hooters isn't bad. we are headed to wild bills saturday night for a concert but that's probably not what you are looking for.

15. cMags

cMags Member

What's Wild Bill's, and who's playing? What kind of music? I'm open to anything really, will just have to see how the wifey feels come Sat night. ;)

I was just trying to get a feel for some of the easier-going night life because that's what we tend to like in general, but we're certainly not opposed to some excitement. :)

Also, I don't mind paying $4-5 a beer, but when I do, I like to get a good micro-brew from the tap with some flavor to it rather than a bottle of Miller Lite or Corona that I could get a 6-pack of for nearly the same price.

16. wrxin8or

I usually end up at the Taco Mac in Woodstock on hwy 92 on saturday nights. GREAT beer selection, decent prices, and football on a ton of TVs. Plus you get to laugh at all the rednecks (and there are plenty up in Woodstock ;))

If you want to grab some beers, send me a PM

17. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

wild bills is like the place you went before its a night club/ bar and miranda lambert is playing. they do alot of country concerts there. a friend of mine does the lighting there.

18. cMags

cMags Member

Wow, that looks like they got quite the beer selection. Menu looks good too. That sounds like its right up our alley, and that particular location happens to be just 10 mins from my buddy's house! It looks like that could be a good plan for tomorrow night. I'll shoot you a PM so we can exchange #'s and meet up.

19. cMags

cMags Member

Oh, cool - well I guess that's another option too. Man, this southern hospitality thing is something I could really get used to. People really are a lot warmer down south.

Actually, my wife just mentioned that she really likes Miranda Lambert (I haven't heard of her that I know of, but I might know the music if I heard it). I'll have to see if I can find info on the concert. Maybe we'll be up for it. I'll PM you too lol.

20. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

i can give it you right now, tickets are $26 for dance floor, $38 for table and they go up from there, you can get them on ticket master or at the door. doors open at 7pm. if you want just do a google search for Wild Bills atlanta. as much as i am about to riduculed for this also check www.kicks1015.com thats where i got my tickets from.

21. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

not to jack this thread but, peidmont? you mean east peidmont? im on lower roswell

22. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm on Powers Ferry!!

23. Kolgoth

Kolgoth Supporting Member

And Miranda Lambert? Bah - stick to Taco Mac or Mazzy's or something... Taco Mac's food isn't that good - but huge selection of beers at a good price...

And SVXgirl - I love country too - so no need to be ashamed - I just can't stand that piece of white trash. :p Other than that - I prefer 94.9 the bull - better music on a regular basis than Kicks... :p

Seriously though man - look forward to meeting you once you move down here to GA... There's a lot of us on this side of town. I'd stay away from Powder Springs too - it's gone downhill a LOT lately - the area you're looking in is a very nice area.

24. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

we're not going anyways. but thanks for the encouragement

25. cMags

cMags Member

Well, we're back up north again. Found a house on Wood Meadows Dr. off Powder Springs Dr. in Marietta. We've done the whole negotiation thing and have an accepted offer as of this morning. :bigthumb: We're very excited. Seems to be a nice quiet neighborhood (hope I don't become the noisy neighbor ;) ).

Thanks for all the suggestions for places to try out. Didn't end up getting to Taco Mac, but it'll definitely be on the list for when we get down there.

Thanks for the threadjack too regarding radio stations - gonna need to figure those out too (though that's not really high on the list lol).

26. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

Throw an awesome exhaust and you will be the loud neighbor haha. Either way I'm off of John Ward which is off of Macland.

27. cMags

cMags Member

Well, I do have a full headers-back SS Brullen 2.25" or 2.5" (not sure which since the inner diameter measures 2.375") exhaust sitting in my basement. I've been trying to sell it for extra cash for the move, but if it doesn't sell then I guess I'm *stuck* with it.

28. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Me. I'm here.

29. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I'm off Sandy Plains n' Shallowford.

Hey you guys are nearby.

30. cMags

cMags Member

The countdown is on

Less than two weeks now. Well, it's getting real - just got rid of the snow tires (traded for these :D )...

Closed on the house last weekend - very excited (oh and sorry guys who I called last minute to hang out - should have given ya a heads up I was coming down). Ended up checking out Taco-Mac's - good selection I must say. Had to join the passport club or whatever it's called. Drink more beer, get cool stuff.. sounds good to me ;)

Hey Brett - you mentioned a Marietta meet a couple times a month - couldn't find the thread for it. Got any info on it?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  31. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

look for 2pt5rs Tuesday night meet thread ... i didnt grab the link.

one of these time we will hang out with you guys ... i am not always busy or injuring myself.

32. cMags

cMags Member

Hahaha - be it hitting your head or *gasp* christmas shopping... 'tis a dangerous life we lead...

33. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

**facedesks** you had to bring that up didnt you? lol

34. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Driving on snow and ice here in Atlanta can be risky due to many drivers down here not being used to winter weather. I've had some near misses due to other drivers.

The last time I remember things icing up for a day here in Cobb County was in 2004.

35. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

thats the last i remember it cause they closed school and i tried to spin out my legacy on a patch of ice in the neighborhood.

36. welery

welery Member

Why you no call??? I'm always down a brew, Brad

37. cMags

cMags Member

Yea, I'm used to that. Even though we get plenty of snow every year, it seems that people forget how to drive in it every year as well.

38. wrxin8or

dude...look at the original post date...

plus no one likes you walter;)

39. welery

welery Member

So... I'm not invited:D