Ohio Lost!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BKiller, Nov 10, 2007.

1. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Haha, that is funny stuff..

2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

If we can end the season with the number one ranked team with 2 losses maybe it will bring the end to the BCS.

3. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

Don't count on it. I've been saying it for weeks, LSU-Oregon, each with 1 loss, championship game. Will be an awesome matchup!

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

IIRC the BCS is on a probationary status anyways. i think its something that the NCAA was "sold". I heard that their "contract" runs out in like 2-3 years anyways, at which point i would almost garuntee a major restructuring.

oh and UGA won!!

5. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

LSU would KILL Oregon... Of course, that may help prove the BCS is junk..

6. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

7. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

This CF season has been on the best with all the upsets!!!

8. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I cant wait for the BCS to die a CF NFL style playoff would make college football 1000% better!

9. Deke

Deke Active Member

I'm extremely glad ohio state lost. However, I'm not so sure about all the BCS talk. Granted, it has it's problems but so does a tournamet system. They need some kind of BCS/Tournament hybrid. Maybe have the top 4 teams play in a mini tournament. Otherwise it would extend the college foootball season far too long. This isn't basketball, teams can't play more than once a week. There's no way you could implement a fair tournament system (like NCAA basketball) without football season lasting until March. I mean, even a 16 team tournament would add 4 games onto the winning and 2nd place teams schedules. That puts a lot of added hurting on college athletes.

10. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Yeah, but it is also a problem that the delay is so long between the teams last game and the championship game. Ohio had to wait like 50+ days between games last year. That isn't exactly healthy either.

11. techlord

techlord Active Member

Nah, LSU will end the season 11-1 with Mississippi and Arkansas left.

12. FACE

FACE Active Member

what is the differenct between a cheero and a buckeye???

A cheero belongs in a bowl!!!

13. Trey

Trey Active Member

AWESOME!! :coolugh:

14. Trey

Trey Active Member

Don't forget the SEC Championship. ;)

Re: Playoffs....

I looked on espn.com and there are 28 leagues in College football. Make a 14 sided bracket that goes to 7 then 4 then two and you have the true makings of a championship series. Two teams have a bye in the second week (best record). That adds five weeks to the current football season and would line up into the first and second week of jan (bowl games). That would work and work well.

All the rankings at the beginning and during the season is black magic and should end IMO. No other series has rankings and only go on win vs loss record.

Are the falcons ranked? Probably a good thing. :)

15. Deke

Deke Active Member

Still has it's problems...

That basically screws over any 2nd place team in any of the big divisions. Teams that could still likely absolutely destroy (I mean straight up ass rape) teams of smaller division such as the MAAC, CAA, Big Sky, OVC. I mean, I'd take a 7th place team in the SEC over any of these teams. I do think a tournament would fix a lot of the problems of the BCS, but I still think who makes it to the tournament should be decided by some sort of rankings, not the winners of each division.

16. Trey

Trey Active Member

I see your point......

So take the league champion and runner up. 56 teams start the tournament. :D Six extra weeks of football or start the first week of Dec (league championship week) and go from there. Still puts you right into the first two week of jan when the bowl games are happening. They can still make money.

17. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

LOVED that loss... completely overshadowed my team losing that day(looking like total ass...). But this makes it so I can still win the Big ten if we pull off miracle next week... If Chad Henne and Mike Hart don't get the sand out of their vaginas and play and at least give us a chance I'm going to be really upset...........

GO WOLVERINES!!!!!

18. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

More college football would be amazing - it is by far my most favorite sport to watch! Do you think we can we trade 6 more weeks of college football for 3 less months of MLB? Seriously... baseball has way too many games.