quality stereo install

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by ronin21, Nov 24, 2007.

1. ronin21

ronin21 New Member

I'm in Cobb county and I am looking for a good place to take my new HU to be installed. I bought it at best buy but I'm not gonna let those guys touch my car. I have heard too many horror stories. TIA and everyone have a great night.

2. FACE

FACE Active Member

do you have the wire harness??? you should do it yourself bro!!! I would be glad to lend a hand and help!

3. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

^^ agreed... buy the wiring adaptor and do it yourself. Easy to do.

4. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Best buy did my avic-d3. The only reason I let them touch it was because it was same day and free. The installer was totally cool with me being in the way and making sure thing went smoothly.

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ive got a friend over off windy hill & south cobb that can help ya ;)

6. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Justin at AREA41, Justin does awesome work.

7. ronin21

ronin21 New Member

I dont have the harness actually. I was gonna have it done because I also have a sirius satillite and wanted it hooked up nice and clean. Not sure where to put the antenna for the sirius. So you guys think i should do it myself?

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

i used to work at the best buy in kennesaw. and i would personally let any of those guys install my stereo. but if ur still unsure, go up there and ask for jamey. he's a great guy, not sure if he will actually be free enough to install a car stereo around this time of year (as he is a manager now), but if you talk to him tell him Jake (that used to work there, and drive a WRX) sent you to him.

9. osborne519

osborne519 Member

i had my system in my truck installed at best buy every thing was fine i know 4 ppl who got theres done there at the one in douglasville tho i will say this was 2 yrs ago and idk if the same ppl still work there also i have a friend that is an electronic genius he wired mine and i cant find any wires anywhere except at the battery and where they attach to my amp so hit me up if ur interested (plus he can make custom fiberglass box if ur interested)

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I dont see the big deal, get the wiring harness its virtually plug and play at that point.

11. DustySTI

DustySTI Member

I live close to Face and i could lend a hand too. I can help run the antenna for your sat. radio too. If you wanna see my install of my alpine w200 (double din touch screen) let me know. I can get all your wires back to the trunk too if you want. Thats where my navi antenna is. Email me at dusty.king@comcast.net if you want some help. I'm available next week if you want. I got all the tools you need.

12. FACE

FACE Active Member

Yeah man let us know! You will feel better about it if you do it yourself!!!

13. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

<----- Liscensed Electronics Tech - 7 years experience. If you need help lmk. Good luck!!

14. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

AudioTrix in Marietta does sick work.