Next G2G?

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by reconracer, Nov 18, 2007.

1. reconracer

reconracer Member

When's the next meet? I'm up for one this coming Sat on the 24th if anyone interested, seems like theres been nothing going on lately, except with those guys on savannahstreetracing.com but seems like they would be getting me caught up with the police and I would have to beat down a ricer. Lets do something this weekend, don't be ashamed to come out since you gained 10lbs from turkey day.

2. gfred024

gfred024 Member

I will be out of town til sunday

3. reconracer

reconracer Member

How about the following weekend the 1st or 2d of Dec

4. reconracer

reconracer Member

Met Erin today at wallyworld, we should g2g another time so we can bs a little longer, feel free to call and its cool to stop by and hang out you just gotta be able to handle a 4 y/o 2 y/o and a great dane. If your not doing nothing saturday, we have some jose, vodka and 6 coronas in the fridge. jealous of the sti:bowdown:

5. tigris

tigris Member

Vodka and juice sounds good, I don't do tequila or beer though, but I'm on call through the weekend so will have to take it easy. Kids and dogs are fun, especially when they're someone elses. And you've got a good looking subie yourself. Nice meeting up with you.

6. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

don't know about this weekend but next weekend fo' snizzle.

all y'all shoulda come out to the autocross this past weekend. i mean, come on, i was the only suby there!!!

7. reconracer

reconracer Member

i wasn't tracking no autox going on, if i knew i would of came and supported, don't think my 20G would be feasible for it, maybe if i still had my 34 I would give it a shot

so who is in for next weekend
    Time?
    Date DECEMBER 1ST
    Place?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  8. reconracer

reconracer Member

we can get trashed and race through my neighborhood at 3 in the morning, we'll take off your catback so it will be loud as sin, I catch the people walking in the street by walmart and lowes with my hellahorns and enough acceleration for my dumptube to startle them. Love that look of when joe snuffy hears my dumptube and wastegate vent. my ejaculating monkey makes me laugh everytime i see it

had a buddy of mine throw pics of the ride on his site, here's a link it has the majority of my mods on it. when i get the cash and if scott siegle ever comes down to jacksonville gonna get a second map done, i know i can squeze 23-25 psi and between 350 to 360 ponies out of her. just rollin with a conservative tune for the moment since i was short on money after the raping neglect my car took this year.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  9. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

you should have been at the subaru challenge in atlanta on saturday.
    i mean, there was only one other yellow subaru there.

j/k

if i wasn't on the road on sunday heading back down here, i would have made it.

as for the meet, i won't be getting back in town until late this saturday, so i vote for the following weekend (Dec. 1)

10. truegiant

truegiant Member

g2g

I would def. like to get together sometime this weekend or next week in savannah. There is a place called la nopelera in savannah off of abercorn. Mywife and her gf's go there every week for happy hour and its pretty cheap. They have a big parking lot next to it and across the street. Maybe we could hook that up. Whenever my car gets done at topspeed that is. Gotta love ghetto rigged stuff from previous owners..

11. reconracer

reconracer Member

TIME?
    DATE:DECEMBER 1ST
    PLACE:La Nopelera

WHO WILL BE THERE AND WHATS A GOOD TIME? DOES THIS PLACE WORK FOR EVERYONE WHO IS GOING?

12. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

directions would be good since i've never heard of the place.

6:30-7?

13. reconracer

reconracer Member

me either can we get some mapquest up on here
    ill be looking hot with my new Blue carbon fiber rs hood, taking off my wrx badge and putting on my 2.5rs badge, everyone puts on STI badges on there wrx, I like to switch up and pretend I'm slower

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  14. gfred024

gfred024 Member

there are 2 la nopaleras on the southside. which one

15. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

SWEET!!! i just noticed I'm not a newbie anymore! I'm a Junior Member!

16. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

the only one i know of is right off the intersection of Largo and Abercorn.

depending on the time, i will be there.

17. savsuby

savsuby Member

I dont have my wrx anymore. I will still try to make it.

18. 06TR

06TR Member

What happened to it?

19. reconracer

reconracer Member

20. savsuby

savsuby Member

I sold it

21. reconracer

reconracer Member

i remember you were selling your wheels on nasioc the same time as me

22. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

would love to meet some of ya'll but i can't until i get the motor swap finished. putting in the 2.5. just have to find time to finish it...got about 4 hrs left of work to be done...then i can break it in and play again.

23. reconracer

reconracer Member

what up with g2g at your place and do some installs

24. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

where? at my place?

25. reconracer

reconracer Member

hell yea

26. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

fine with me...let me check with the wifey! what date we talking here

27. reconracer

reconracer Member

its your place, but I'm done for whenever, or if you got kids we can make it a friends and family meet. I down for a meet anytime

28. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

no kids...just a couple dogs

29. reconracer

reconracer Member

well i have a mini horse but if we could have something family oriented also at maybe a local park and do a bbq or something along that lines or hell ill throw a cookout at my house, i got descent size house and yard for pets and little ones to run around. i have a 4 and 2 year old

30. truegiant

truegiant Member

So...

Is this still on for Dec. 1st? PM me and let me know.. thanks..

31. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

sounds good to me. if we do it before i complete my motor build then ya'll will see my daily driver and why i bought the bug eye to drive back and forth!

32. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

if you are talking about La Nopalara at 1pm on the 1st, i would assume so. I will be there unless I hear differently.

-Ben

33. truegiant

truegiant Member

me

count me in!!!

34. reconracer

reconracer Member

Dec 1st @ 1pm is good for me as well

Time and date is up to you since its your place

35. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

don't think i will be able to make the one at La Nopalara. don't have the car back together yet. if anyone wants to help me finish it up just holler! haha

36. reconracer

reconracer Member

37. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

it is a cool idea, but parking down there is a major nightmare when any event is going on.
    the choices are either park on one of the side streets or find the nearest parking garage (which is a ways away) and then begin the hike to the park.

38. reconracer

reconracer Member

well stick with the la napolares, but I will be heading to that afterwards with the family is anyone else goin

39. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

will be dragging mine to jacksonville of subaru this saturday morning. gotta get them to double check everything before turning the ignintion...then i will be able to make some meets when she gets completed...can't wait!

40. truegiant

truegiant Member

yep

I am still down for sat. I have invited a couple of more people from stewart with subie's .. and hopefully they will show!

41. reconracer

reconracer Member

Ive only seen 4 subies on stewart, one is a wrb wingless 04/05 w. texas tags, red 06/07, an 04wrb sti and an outback, i'm bringing the wife and kids, is anyone else doing so

42. truegiant

truegiant Member

hmm.

I am surprised that you have not seen mine yet... well i have not driven it over there that much since i just got back!

43. reconracer

reconracer Member

I have seen a platinum one occasionally, if you see me honk and Ill pull over in a parking lot to bs if i got time

44. reconracer

reconracer Member

Just an apology in advance, I'm heading to the chili bowl prior to the g2g, if you think you smell something rotten its just my soul doing its cleansing:wtc:

45. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

don't know if i'll be able to make it or not. i'm waiting on a package to be delivered today that i absolutely MUST receive today and it requires a signature so i must be here to sign for it dammit.

on a side note, i went to topspeed yesterday and had scott seigal tune my up! i must say that it is quite nice! it accelerates so smoothly now and the final numbers are approximately 250 ft/lbs and 240hp at the wheels. whoohoo!

if someone can pm me their phone number, i'll give you a call if i can make it.

46. reconracer

reconracer Member

ill be there, you could always call if its fedex or ups for them to hold the package at the facility, usps is a different story

47. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

well, i just checked fedex's website and it's been rescheduled for tuesday delivery so i guess i can make it fo a wee bit o' lunch.

48. reconracer

reconracer Member

thats the spirit, see you there man

49. truegiant

truegiant Member

well

Well I was there... where was everyone else??? I was driving the 02 black bugeye with the gold bbs'.. I saw.. NO ONE!!! JEEZZ!! WTF! haha.. next time we will all have to exchange numbers or something.

50. 06TR

06TR Member

We were there at 1:00. It was a small turn out though. Myself, Hazzard, Recon, and Pomorski. We were at the one across from oglethorpe mall.