decisions decisions....

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by awdlaunch132, Nov 30, 2007.

1. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

so i am officially going with prosport gauges. which 3 do you guys think i need. right now its

1. boost (duh :) )
    2. oil pressure
    3. debating between egt or oil temp. both are nice to have.

thoughts and opinions welcome!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  2. heathbar

heathbar Member

AFAIK... oil pressure indirectly reads oil temp too, by that I mean the pressure drops as the temperature rises, so when the idle pressure gets down to 30 psi you know it's nice and warm. ;)

Personally, I've got EGT for my 3rd one... Usually it sucks to drill into your header, but I got a pre-drilled aftermarket header. :) Oil pressure is fun to install too, you have to take off the intercooler and get your hand in a tight spot.

Good luck.

3. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

Lucky...... I drilled my manifold and then used a pipe-tap that took me about an hour in itself to thread properly. Spoiled people with their aftermarket manifolds huh. j/k:)

4. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

actually if he's going to install oil pressure AND oil temperature, then a sandwich adapter on the oil filter galley is needed.

I say get a wideband instead of oil temperature.

5. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Maybe a clock....?

:hsugh:

6. 05 wrx sti

05 wrx sti New Member

Boost, Egt, Oil pressure, and Wideband. :)

7. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

+1

8. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

Wideband was not an option that I was aware of in this question. But a good choise Haha

9. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

hmmm never really thought much about wideband... that would be a lot of fun to have. its like an air fuel gauge that actually means something!!!

10. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Thats exactly what it is. I've got boost, egt, and oil pressure in my car, although the latter 2 are not hooked up yet.

11. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I'm selling my stock cluster with boost, oil temp and voltage so I can put a clock back in my car.

12. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

i was reading on the prosport website and they said that there coming out with a wideband soon. maybe for now i will just go with boost and oil pressure then have a hole for a while until that come out with the wideband...

13. Subydoo2003

Subydoo2003 New Member

Yea I couldnt do without that clock...