Step 2: Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yerrow, Jun 27, 2004.

1. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

didn't see this before i posted...

if you are in H-town the 28th, come down to the Monkey, my band is playing that night.

-drums

2. No prob Brett, suprised you remembered me..I will see what I can do, I may try to come down for that show

3. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

just found out last night we won't be playing that weekend.

but since my daughter is still in H-town i'll give ya a call next time i'm in town.

-drums

4. BMCJunkie

BMCJunkie New Member

New to wrxatlanta

Hi guys,

just wanted to introduce myself!

I'm up in Alpharetta off of Winward Pkwy. I go by Ed or Edgar, whatever yer comfortable with... I drive a Silver '04 WRX sedan with Black 5Zigen FN-01RC's w/ a Yakima Bike rack on top. Kinda hard to miss me!!!

Anyho! Just got a Prodrive Stage 3 installed last Friday. I met married04wrx on Monday at Subaru of Gwinnett, where he helped Scott from SOG install my missing mid-pipe. He told me about the site... so here I am. I usually by parts from the dealer, although in the future, I will be looking for some good deals on aux guages, sway bars, intake, etc.

I'm definitely going for "go" in a stock guise. Right now, my 5zigens are boxed up and the stock rims are back on. So only the trained ear will be able to tell the difference between a stock WRX and my 300hp sleeper... I've been having fun with the sleeper thing for a week. I highly recommend it if you still have those ugly stocks lying around the garage somewhere LOL!

Of course I wave, flash and honk whenever I see another subie. Would like to meet up with you guys in the future... maybe I can drop by the bake or G2G on the 28th and introduce myself?

Let me know!
    Thanks

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta bro... as u probably already know, we have a bunch of g2gs planned in the next few weeks... hope to see u at some of them

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Welcome! Prodrive is sweet! Can't wait to see the car.

7. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

welcome to the club!!!

it seems as if this place is growing faster and faster everyday!

-drums

8. BMCJunkie

BMCJunkie New Member

Thanks guys. I will definitely check the calendar out.
    Later for now.

9. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

welcome to the site man..hope to see ya at a get together in the near furture!

10. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Like always....welcome to the club man...

11. Slack

Slack I take peekture, CLEEK! Supporting Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks. I look forward to putting some faces with the names. :)

Mick

12. halvdan

halvdan Member

...and so alex's brother joins your ranks. (posting on the right thread this time...)

1. Where do you live?
    -Dunwoody.
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?
    -andrew/andy i don't really care.
    3. What do you drive?
    -Saabaru 92X.
    4. How modded is your ride?
    -Completely Stock (Got it today).
    5. Where do you usually by parts?
    -N/A
    6. Do you visit any other local boards?
    -N/A
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?
    -Stock, but looking at options. (again, got my Saabaru today.)
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?
    -My brother usually takes care of that...(/grin). heh
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?
    -My brother is Alex.

well, i've watched this car club grow from a dream to a nice big reality. i'm looking forward to actually being a member. ^.^

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:wiggle: Its about freckin' time guy :bigthumb:

14. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

Welcome to the family, and to quote you're borther "Its about freckin' time guy "

15. Weapon

awesome!!! cant wait to check it out up close!! welcome to the site man

16. BelvnAWD

Grats...man I should have waited and gotten a wagon...freakin sunroof option! Anyways, I haven't met you, so, which member of "That 70's Show" cast do you resemble?

17. halvdan

halvdan Member

heh

Originally posted by BelvnAWD
    lmao. Well I guess my brother is Hyde, but with huge sideburns, somewhere along the lines of Hyde as well. If I became uber thin and straightened my hair, I could pull off Foreman too; heh, all things considered I'd rather be Hyde.

....yup sunroof for super pursuit mode.

http://forums.wrxatl.com/showthread.php?t=1592 <my car and the two alex's>

18. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Welcome.

Welcome to the club!!. You will have a great time here. There are a lot of nice folks here and a lot of g2g's. Take it easy.
    It will be cool to meet Alex's brother.

Mark

Last edited: May 29, 2005
  19. MarkM2016GTI

Welcome to the club Mick!!.

Mark

20. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

andrew,
    sorry about the brevity of our meeting, i had a long day of painting and things were relatively crazy at my place when you and alexs got here so i appologize. i loved the car. its cool to see a subaru wrapped in something else. if you consider hooking up your car, i would love to get under it and do some of the work, your brother will tell you that i try and do the best work that can be done. break that thing in some and then come see me.

Tom

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to wrxatlanta andrew... i saw ur car first hand and i was pretty impressed... never seen one of those up close before

22. halvdan

halvdan Member

:bowdown: Tom and Milo.
    Ya I am considering doing work to it. As Alex told me, "Its good to see the moding bug has bit you." No problems though Tom, it was nice to see your black pocket rocket shoot off towards Kroger, heh. Ill take you up on that Tom, maybe I'll even get one of your gutpipes....heh.

23. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

lets do it. no complaints yet!

24. j69raw

j69raw Member

Hey guys, my name is John just got my 05 Sti last month. I live in Lawrenceville and hope to see some of you in person at the next meet!

I am glad to see the site up and running, the last time I was here was about 2 yrs ago when I had my 02 WRX, there wasn't too much interest then, I hope this site gets more popular!

25. Weapon

hey john..welcome back to the site ;) it has dramatically taken off in the past couple of months..i hope it continues to..

26. BelvnAWD

I work in Lawrenceville and live in Loganville. I drive a white 04 WRX and will keep my eyes out for ya! Welcome back!

27. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to the site john

28. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I live in Mableton, and my wife bought a 2004 wrx just over 1 year ago. We both graduated from GT back in dec 03. I picked up a 2001 s2k back in november. My wife and I have been lurking for a while, and met up with a couple of people yesterday at the SCCA test & tune, which was very fun. We both took our cars and had a great time. It was our third autocross event, and are both addicted.

current mods on wrx:
    whiteline adjustable front and rear swaybars
    kartboy rear drop links
    prodrive springs
    kartboy shifter bushing
    K&N typhoon intake

planned mods:
    gutted UP (picked a non-gutted one for $30 shipped, and will try to gut it soon)
    helix catted DP
    sti axelback
    sti intercooler
    ecutek by SS

Car pics on my wife's website:
    http://mere.darg.net/car

We should be at the dyno day next weekend, and were briefly at the last one.

--
    Brian

Last edited: Jun 5, 2005
  29. Weapon

man..sounds pretty nice so far..welcome to the club..what do u have done to the s2k?

30. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Thanks, the s2k doesn't really need many mods, and the good mods are quite expensive (supercharger, vafc, etc).

Here are my current mods:
    Goodridge SS brake lines with synthetic brake fluid
    Denso IK22 iridium spark plugs
    Hella Supertones (german) 118db horns
    GM Syncromesh transmission fluid
    LE607 diff fluid
    AEM V2 intake (sounds really nice at 9k rpm)
    Valentine 1 detector

Planned mods:
    stereo upgrade (stock speakers and head unit suck)
    lighter exhaust (single exhaust = ~14lbs, stock double exhaust = ~60lbs)

--
    Brian

31. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta brian

32. BelvnAWD

Welcome Brian, You have my dream garage! Hope to meet you both at an autocross soon!

33. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

When is the next autocross? As for the s2k, it was quite a bit cheaper than the wrx (which was bought new last april), as I bought it used in November with 10k miles on it. :)

Over the past year, I managed to get my wife addicted to upgrading her car, autocrossing and playing poker. She is determined to have a faster car than my s2k.

--
    Brian

Last edited: Jun 5, 2005
  34. BelvnAWD

There will be two in July: the link to our calendar is at the top of the forum andHere
    the Wife and I just had a baby, so I am not sure when I will be able to get out again, but soon hoepfully...

35. Havericks02

Havericks02 New Member

Hey ya'll,
    I am really an FXT owner but it is gettin' slowly but steadily converted to a Forester "STi" sleeper...someone on scooby mods or NASIOC clued me in to wrxatl ! and I am looking to get an assist with minor suspension mod. Check my post on NASIOC under newbies & faq's, it got moved to suspension,etc. the thread reads: STi strut mounts for FXT. Better yet, check under the southeast for the thread: guiness and Mellowmushroom...

Glad to be aboard, if ya see a FXT making the "jump to hyperspace" on 285, 75, or 85 you'll know who it is. BTW, I stripped my badges and have only two on the back left: the "AWD" on top with a "STi" underneath. Honk, keep up, or move right!

36. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

welcom fellas. you guys are joining a great group of people. hope to meet some of yall at the dynoday on sat. hey Havericks02 your not the only fxt sleeper on the board. slizan99 has one also with great numbers. check it out here. http://wrxatl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1505 :cool:

37. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welcome aboard Brian, glad you could finally sign up and stop lurking :wavey:

38. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Havericks02: welcome to WRXatlanta... did i meet u at the warehouse meet?

39. Vektra

Vektra Member

hey everyone, Im from Columbus ga, someone on clubwrx posted your link. I plan on hanging around here a lot.

40. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta... a bunch of us are going to the track at commerce on friday and we have a big dyno day planned on saturday... hope to see u at these events... details in the g2g section

41. 1SICKLEX

1SICKLEX Member

Hello distant WRX cousins, its Mike from SELOC here just saying wuzzup. I wasn't aware ya'll had a local forum here, GTscoob came to www.seloc.net and informed us.

I'll let ya'll know of meets/events since our crowds mix well together.

Cheers.

42. MarkM2016GTI

Welcome to the club, Vektra,Havericks and j69raw!!. You will really enjoy the g2g's!!.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2005
  43. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

1.Where do you live? Conyers, for now. I wanna live in Forsythe
    2.What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Joe
    3.What do you drive? 05 OBP STI
    4.How modded is your ride? About 8K worth
    5.Where do you usually by parts? Ravspec, Hi-Rev Imports
    6.Do you visit any other local boards? in AL www.bhamracing.com
    7.Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Show and Go
    10.Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Heck ya
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? www.iwsti.com

44. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta mike... ive been to the seloc car show last year at DnB... i believe GTscoob and i were the only subys out there representing... i also went to the GA3S track day at silver dollar (i drive the black bug eye)... i might have met u there

glad u signed up on our site... please let us know of meets events in the future

45. BelvnAWD

Welcome to the two newer guys! Glad people are finding us a good place to colocate at...

46. 2005STI

2005STI New Member

south ga.

Howdy all im new to tha fourm and to tha subies kinda is there anybody else here from valdosta ga.
    I go by fox alot beacouse i try all the time to get sponsered by fox racing
    I livein valdosta ga.
    I have a 2005 blue sti i got it hail dammaged in texas we goin to go pick it up next week got it pretty cheap my guess is that it will be ready workin off and on and with other stuff by next april im also intrested in lambo doors i think it would be cool beacouse i dont see many sti's period and one with lambos would be wicked i was wantn to kno if yall had anyexperience with them or not well i dont kno much more to say

47. jt money

hey welcome to the club man. onot really for sure if we have anymembers that far south but your always welcome here.

48. 2005STI

2005STI New Member

thanks man i tried to get in with clubwrx.net but i cant get nobody to respond i seen that they live valdosta some so if yall are in with them cuz thats how i heard of yall maby u could ask why the no replys
    cuz atl is a long drive from here

49. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta...
    i dont know of anyone with lambo doors on an STi... wonder how much weight that adds

50. jt money

the southeastern section of clubwrx.net kinda sux unless your from florida. i got no responces in there either. yes i know atl is a long drive from there i go to gainesville fl all the time and have to drive in that construction on I75 just noth of you. that shit has been torn up for at least 2 years.