Step 2: Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yerrow, Jun 27, 2004.

1. 2005STI

2005STI New Member

hay milo i heard it dont add alot just gas shocks and hinges damn thats a long way and yea our construction zone sucks but bein born and raised here i kno around it lol well i kno yall prolly will think im spoiled or what ever but yea im a 15 year old kid with a 05 sti but honestly im not we got it dammaged and i sold my stocks to get it i dont wana get an impression that im a lil rich kid with the car that daddy just bought no it aint like that lol well im meanin the clubwrx administraters wont verify my account our sent my password back

2. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

I'll be heading south for the next weekend, but only to exit 99 shoot me a pm might try to meet up with ya

3. 2005STI

2005STI New Member

ok man well i gota aunt and uncle witha place ata lake and i ski there pretty often and maby onday i can have a meat down tehre

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Dude, all I can say is punctuation. The Lambo doors shouldn't add more than about 10 lbs, I think there are some pics of WRXs and STis with Lambo doors on Nasioc.

5. 2005STI

2005STI New Member

Ok, Sorry about the punciation.

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Welcome to the site. We are worth the drive!

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

It's all good, I just find it hard to read posts without it.

8. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

lake blackshear? i will be in warwick

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Here is the only Pic I could find searching on Google. Sorry the pic is so small, just go to google, do a Search for images Subaru Lambo Doors and that shoudl be the first pic that comes up, I know I have seen others though, definitely would be very unique.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

[/ threadjack]

11. 2005STI

2005STI New Member

wrxfan man u didnt have to look it but thanks. Its cherry lake and yea i bet yall are worth the drive but gas is high and pluss my car wont be ready until next year i gota get the money to fix it

12. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

It's no problem, I was at work, I was bored, need I say more???

13. 2005STI

2005STI New Member

yea tru tru but have u ever personaly seen one with lambos on it i wana make sure it dont look lika turd ina punch bowl cuz my dad thinks there ugly enough bein 4 door

14. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Welcome to the site!

15. SJ LGT

SJ LGT New Member

well i live in sandy springs/ roswell; I go by Scott; I drive an almost stock 05 silver LGT ; I heard about the the site from all you at np on thurs ; and that is the basics

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta scott... nice to see another LGT on the boards... my younger brother drives a red one and he loves it... just got it a month ago... rims are on their way and the mods will begin shortly :)

17. PhatbacK

PhatbacK Member

Hi Im Kali! And Im A Newbie!!

18. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Hey man! congrats, you've member number 300!!!

19. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Hi I'm Alex, and I'm the founder :wiggle:

20. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Man Alex! When you graduate its going to take you a year of work to pay for the member milestone parties. Welcome Kali!

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to the club Kali

22. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

welcome to the boards Kali, how does it feel to be member #300?

23. Goose013

Goose013 Member

Newbie here

Where do you live? Marietta- on the square
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Russ
    What do you drive? 03' WRB WRX
    How modded is your ride? stock basically- gold Rota wheels, pirelli tires, AEM CAI
    Where do you usually by parts? Online
    Do you visit any other local boards? NASIOC
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Stock now, will be GO soon
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? of course... I grew up with Jeep CJ's; it used to be a jeep thing, now its a Suby thing. Too many jeeps on the road now though :(
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? just typed in WRX & Atlanta... and there I was

I enjoy the site so far and I've found some useful info.

24. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

25. Goose013

Goose013 Member

Unfortunately can't tomorrow, but definitely will look forward to future events. Thanks

26. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Welcome Russ. Looking forward to meeting you at future get togethers.

27. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Hey Kali good to see you signed up?

28. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

1 Where do you live?
    Clarkston/Stone Mountain

2 What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?
    Superdude works

3 What do you drive?
    Just got a 05' WRX sedan, Silver

4 How modded is your ride?
    The day I put my second tank of gas in, some old man drove over a chunk of cement board on 285 and took out my hood. So, the only mod I gots is a freakin' new hood already. Looks good as new.

5 Where do you usually by parts?
    This is where I need help... I'm new to this all. I'm 32 and itchin' to race it in the Solo's (SCCA). I need to dust my 350Z drivin' lawyer friend!

6 Do you visit any other local boards?
    This is a first for me, too. The dealer, Gwinnett Subaru, turned me on to it.

7 Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?
    Each to their own. It's a Subaru, I love'em all. I had a 96' GT with an Auto and hated seeing it drive away!

8 Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?
    That's a little too corny, guy nod works just as well.
    9 Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?
    My dealer!

Any and all advise is welcome. Glad to be part of club, folks

29. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

welcome to the club superdude.

30. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

Superdude, i think you are member #301. welcome bro~

Finally we passed 300 members. awesome~

31. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta... let me know if u have any comments / concerns

32. PhatbacK

PhatbacK Member

WOW what an honor! #300!! woohoo. haha. Hey guys! Glad I could join..been lookin for a good subie site to join. Even though my STi is lookin really bad right now...but he will be better soon!

33. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

I think you'll like this one Kali. It's a pretty close knit bunch. Hope to meet you soon at some of the get together! :wiggle:

34. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

finally... someone who refers to their car as a 'he' :bigthumb:

35. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i have an opinion to ask everyone:
    where do you start with the mods? coast being an issue. (the wife ain't goin' to like any of this!!!)
    suspension or engine? after my brake-in period, first oil change, i want to start doing the Solo class races with the SCCA. is it reducing turbo lag or tightening the suspension that's going to give me an advantage?

36. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

if u are serious about autoX and dont wanna spend too much money on mods, i would recommend trying to stay in stock class... a good set of tires will keep u in the stock class... swaybars (and maybe endlinks) would be another highly effective mod... not sure if that takes u out of stock class or not... i strongly recommend suspension over power if u wanna autoX

37. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

38. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

have not been to watch that is...

39. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

stiff competition is relative... i usually get spanked by old civic hatchbacks :D

40. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Swaybars I believe would knock you out of Stock class. We have an Auto X at Turner Field Sunday, I will be there and Milo will most likely be there. Stop by, we can both offer you a ride along. Once you ride along you will want to race. Also if you are truely serious about do Auto X, forget the Swaybars (for now), forget the tires (again for now) and do one of the Evolution Autocross Driving Schools. It made a hugh difference for me. It was by far the best $240 spent.

41. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Evolution Autocross Driving School, how is that different from the one on Saturday? And, what do you guys do there? What is it? I'm very curious about all this.
    I've been jonesin' to race for so freakin' long. Since the Mazda Rev-It-Up event 2 years ago. I can't wait to start. My girl and I going on a road trip to Jerkyll Island. She wants to go for the beach, I want to put the miles on my car!!!

42. Meredith

Meredith Banned

From what i understand the Evolution school is a really serious school. It lasts all weekend long and cost somewhere around $200 to $300. THe scca novice school is only $50 and runs just on saturday. It covers the autoxing basics (like course walking, calling out DNFs and down cones) and then you run with an instructor in your car. Usually your instructor is somebody who autoxs your car, and he/she gives you tips and advice during the morning session (which is eight runs i think). You can ask your instructor to drive your car too. I find this really helpful. Then in the afternoon you can run with or without your instructor (you get another 8 runs). Then if you want to stay and clean up you can do fun runs. Last noivce school i got in about 22 runs i think.

here's some info about the evolution school:
    http://www.autocross.com/evolution/

Last edited: Jul 18, 2005
  43. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

cool-io!
    thanks!

44. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Yeah, the Evolution School is a serious school, the one I went to had 9 students and 2 instructors. It is probably the same as the Novice day, but is more extensive, they cover everything from Course Walking to actually racing. They teach where to look so you don't get lost in the sea of cones.

The only way I can explain it is to tell you how much it helped me. Prior to the School, I did maybe 4 or 5 Auto Xs. I run in the same class as Milo and I am extremely over overrated for the Street Mod Class. In the past events I was usually about 14 seconds behind Milo. After the class, the last Auto X I did, I was 3 seconds behind Milo.

Now when you consider that Milo has full Coilover suspension, R-Compound Tires, Upgraded Brake Pads, and about 20 to 30 more horses than me, that is hugh.

Again, if you are serious about Auto X, maybe do the novice school Saturday, and do the Evo School next time they are around and you will be good to go. You will also learn what needs to be improved on your car for the future.

At the Evo School, I got about 18 runs in for the day. It was the most technical Course I have ever raced on and incorporates everything to throw you off and learn from, ie off camber and on camber turns, a tighter Slolom than is officially sanctioned by SCCA, hundreds of useless cones, teaching you what to look for when on the track, etc...

I am going to do the Evo Phase 2 school sometime by the end of this year hopefully, and make up some more time on the competition.

45. jt money

if you were a girl milo maybe your car would be a he also. :naughty:

46. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

WRXFan420:
    Great feed-back, thanks a lot! i'll be at the thing this saturday checkin' it all out. i can't wait get into it. but, i told my bro i'd go fishing with him on sunday, so i won't be able to make the sunday meeting.
    I'm lookin' forward to meeting up with you all someday; so i get in on the smack talkin'.
    superdude.

47. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

my car is a 'he' also... now he has a buddy :D

48. SnarkBreeder

SnarkBreeder Member

1. Where do you live? Conyers
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Brian
    3. What do you drive? 04 SRR WRX
    4. How modded is your ride? Just a Bosal catback right now.
    5. Where do you usually by parts?
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? no
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? I eventually plan on being go with as little show as possible.
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? I try to.
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? I think from NASIOC, sadly enough.

Hi all, been lurking for a bit, finally decided to bother posting and introduce myself.

49. jt money

hey brian welcome to the club! if you been lurking then you know we are a very friendly group of people. we have lots of get to gethers so be sure to check out the g2g section. hope to meet ya soon!

50. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welcome!