List of Auto-x Events in Atlanta 2007

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Slowsoul, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

Where can I find out about scheduleing for the 07 season?

I was poking around on the website, but I didn't really see anything.

Does anyone know?

2. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

4. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Please don't post any threads in the soloatlanta forums asking either a) when the season starts or b) when they will have the schedule will be posted. I'm sure as soon as the schedule is finalized it will be posted. If you are in desparate need of autox please check out neighboring regions such as Middle Georgia, Dixie Region, TV Region and Alabama Region. Also there will be a National Tour in Cecil, GA on Feb 24-25 at South Georgia Motorsports Park. Registration is open on the national scca website (www.scca.org); you must be an scca member to compete in a national event.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  5. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

thanks

6. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

PCA and BMWCCA autoX dates:

Code:
    4/14	BMWCCA Car Control School
    4/15	BMWCCA Autocross #1
    4/22	PCA Autocross #1
    5/5	BMWCCA Autocross #2
    6/10	BMWCCA Autocross #3
    6/24	PCA Autocross #2
    7/14	BMWCCA Autocross #4
    7/22	PCA Autocross #3
    8/12	BMWCCA Autocross #5
    9/2	PCA Autocross #4 (part of RennFest)
    9/29	BMWCCA Autocross #6
    10/7	PCA Autocross #5
    10/14	BMWCCA Autocross #7
    11/11	PCA Autocross #6

7. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Thanks for posting the dates Brian. Any tips for a noob on where to find more info about these events (cost, times, etc.) and other autox events this year. I'm giving it a shot this year. Thanks.

8. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Good tips:
    http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10362

Website for Peachtree BMWCCA:
    http://www.peachtreebmwcca.org/ptAX_index.asp
    Website for Peachstate PCA:
    http://www.peachstatepca.org/driving/autocross.asp

(need to pre-register on the sites for these events when the time approaches)

--
    Brian

9. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Thanks man!

10. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

11. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

Thanks again!

Maybe I can get things together and make it out this weekend!

12. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

hope to see you out there :)

Here is the schedule of events in the SE for this season that I put together:
    [​IMG]
    yellow = ARSCCA events, gray = duplicate events overshadowed by events that kick more ass

--
    Brian

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  13. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Woohoo!!!!
    In like Flynn, whoever the hell he is...

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

hangover racing team :bigthumb:

15. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

I know what the test 'n' tune is, I'm not sure that I should take up the space there. Can those that have been to one in years past enlighten me on what the basic reason to attend one is; basically, what are you planning on doing there?

I didn't change my car at all (nothing really to test or tune), but could probably use the extra practice. Seeing that there are only 50 cars allowed at the event, is it worth the "cost"? For what it's worth, I'm not making a run for Nationals, Divisionals, or anything like that. Thoughts?

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i have never been to a test n tune... but from what i understand, u get a lot of runs so u can fine tune your setup... usually people focus on suspension since u don't get to throw the car around on the street like u would at an autoX course... a bunch of runs is the best way to tell you what your car is lacking and u can fix it accordingly

now i also consider test n tune as tuning the driver... it wouldnt be a bad idea to attend if you have the time

17. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Test and tune is good for dialing your car, and trying stuff with the setup, and also helps to get a bit of seat time before the first points event. It is $30 for 10 runs, and you can buy additional runs for $10 for 5 runs.

It is typically a shorter 30sec course that has most of the elements to get your car setup.

I need to test a few things, want to stagger wheels, 13x9 front and 13x8 back.

--
    Brian

18. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

I know. it's my buddy's birthday, St. Fatty's Day AND the NCAA tourny! I'm just glad i run P.M.
    So, if i start drinking heavily and early, i'll pass-out with plenty of time to sleep off my many many many 420's...and 420... :naughty:

19. Scooby

Scooby New Member

Anyone started putting together a list for 08 yet?

20. Meredith

Meredith Banned

as soon as Heyward & Joel finalize the schedule we will know....

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007