LOL to you SRT-4

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by viper32cm, Jun 26, 2005.

1. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

2. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

that was harsh....

3. oucatch21

oucatch21 Member

hilarious

4. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

GAY!lol stole those vids off of the srtforums and redid it. btw...that yellow SRT that was pushing 500 HP was on ALL stock internals. (pretty impressive if u ask me) he meant to blow it up. he was trying to see how much the motor would take before it blew. yeah the SRT is a neon..like an EVO is a Lancer..like the STi is an Impreza..so fawkin what. i payed 20k for my "neon" and i think thats a heluva deal for what is is. HATERS is all i can say.lol care to chime in?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2005
  5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thats rough...

6. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Don't mind if I do. First of all it's a joke. A pretty funny one if you ask me. So try not to take it too seriously.

Second there's a big difference between the Neon lineage and the Impreza/Lancer lineage. So it is a little humerous that they took the neon and made a performance car out of it. Granted there is a Neon club racing group, but the legacy is no where near the same.

Thirdly it's front wheel drive. Which I will always consider "front wheel drive performance cars" to be a contradiction in terms.

I'm not saying it's a bad car, I actully think they are kind of quaint.

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

before this gets outa hand... remember to keep it professional

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I love the SRT4s and would have one for a second car if I could. Yeah, it's FWD and a Neon, but damn you can make lots of power for cheap.

As for FWD not being for performance cars, I know a few Volvos that would humiliate just about any Subaru....

9. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

I could possibly consider it too, but after driving rear wheel drive cars all my life front wheel drive just feels weird.

True about the Volvos, but FWDs natural tendency towards understeer and the fact that it relies on the same two wheels for steering and power don't strike as good things in my mind. But I will admit there are a few FWD cars out there that deserve respect, but in general you reach a practical limit quicker than you do on either AWD or RWD.

10. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

viper...no pun intended dude.lol honestly, it doesn't bother me that people call it a neon. heck it is a neon...your right. and yes you will get that young guy who says he just smoked a stock Cobra and what not. being it is a high powered, there are challenges. when i first bought the car, i slapped in the mopar stage 1 upgrade. took it to the track and couldn't get it under 14 flat. however, i was trapping at 101 mph...my 60 ft times were garbage. my next mod was motor mounts. in addtion, i eventually learned how to launch the car and got my best time at 13.6.
    the way i see it...whatever car you have...someone out there is always going to knock it. i've had guys laugh at my STi pointing at the wing. not a problem...i just brush it off.:)

11. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

This is an everyday fact of life for a V6 mustang owner. Yes my car is slow (right now) but that really doesn't bother me in the least. Hell I drove a pruple car, Purple. Do you know how many jokes I got about that car. Did I care, hell no, I love those cars, especially the purple one. But if I went around saying how my car stock could beat Mustang GTs and Sti I'd deserve just a little bit of good hearted mockery in my direction.

12. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah but if you really got to know some SRT owners. you'd see that there are some really down to earth guys that don't go around trying to BS about beating a Z06 or something. unfortunately, the price of the SRT draws a lot of the younger crowd...not saying its just the young guys that do it. since i've owned the car, i've seen this rivalry between the SRT and the GT Mustangs. "my 4 banger will beat your rustang" "my Mustang will beat your POS neon" people sometimes don't appreciate the hobby/sport of it. they get caught up in competition on who's faster and better. nothing wrong with some competition, but try and keep it friendly and fun. those people stop enjoying their car and just concentrate on how to get it faster. yeah i can spend 4k on my neon and slap a Mopar Stage 3 and say its faster than blah blah...however i enjoy my cars for what they are and what they got. not to impress anyone but myself..and the wife.:p

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i like all performance cars... definitely love those that can perform on a track... FWD, RWD, AWD whatever... i get spanked by 10+ year old civic hatch backs at the autoX all the time :D... if it can cut good times, its got my respect

Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  14. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

shane im with you on this one. srt4 is a nasty car. i would own one. as far as race lineage goes everyone has to start someware. also another fwd monster is the pontiac gtp. i seen one at the drags beat a modded viper. it was a close race and had no misshifts. just my 2 cents without goin crazy and starting a war in here. :evil:

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

The neon has a racing lineage throughout SCCA (in recent years at least)

16. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

sad part about it is i'm prolly going to sell the srt before i get back there. gotta buy a home and 1 car note looks better than 2 for a first time home buyer. no way i'm sellin the STi mang!;) btw, my friend has a stock C5 vette and owned the hell outta me the other day.ha how would you think an STi with ECUTEK and TBE would hang with a stocker C5? i'm just curious because i don't think i'll ever have the neon back in ATL to see how it matches up to my STi...from a roll of course...bwhaha

17. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Dodge has been selling a club racing equipped neon for almost ten years.

18. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

I hadn't posted this intending on getting anyone upset about it, I guess I'm just used to the different sense of humor at my V6 mustang board.