Install Day !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by sti-mike, Jan 11, 2008.

1. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Would anyone be interested in an install day @ my buddies house. The location would be in Newnan on Sun the 20th of this month. We might even have a warehouse in Fayetteville with all of the necessary tools. I will know more on that in a few days.I will be installing coilovers My friend with an EVO mr will be installing springs and Salmonfacedsalad has some steering rack bushings. If anyone is interested please post up or pm me.. Thanks Mike

It will infact be in fayetteville. the address is
    210 Industrial way
    Fayetteville GA 30214

If we do get more people intrested we will provide lunch. If you have nothing to install come down anyway it won't hurt to have an extra set of eyes and hands present.

Members Attending
    Salmonfacedsalad
    bop-gun
    Bkiller
    STiRS
    Johnswrx
    STiBottom
    Greg ???

Anyone else Please post up. Thanx sti-mike
    PED ???

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  2. STiRS

STiRS New Member

I need some Cobb springs installed.
    No clue how, need the help.

3. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

bring em up we can figure it out :sx:

4. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

I just put some springs on the wagon. I can tell you that an impact wrench would have been VERY helpful.
    PM Ped for info, he wasn't able to help me in person, but even over the phone his advice was priceless.

5. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

that evo friend of yours happend to be Robbeh~? (rob)
    red evo 9 MR?

6. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

+1 for PED help!
    He helped me knock out my Swifts install in no time! :bowdown:

7. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

agh, too soon! My parts* won't all be here in time and my car will probably be at Spray-Glo!

* = struts springs speakers rims fogs

8. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

no it is a Evo 9 mr but the dudes name is Blake.

9. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

that would be awsome if PED would join

10. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

Ped asked me to notify potential requests for his presence would require a fee of 19.99 per person.

11. It's not rob but, he knows of rob from sightings in newnan and the evose.net.org or whatever

12. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

What ever makes the day go by faster. If he has the time that would help a bunch.

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

14. BOPGUN

BOPGUN New Member

No, Boomjoon I'm not Robb86, but I will see if he can make it. I'll post on S-evo.net as well.

15. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

yeah tell him t get his stuff off so i can get it as a temporary coils till i can get some fancier one. :)

16. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

I don't have anything to install but will probably drive over after church to lend a hand to those in need.

17. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

The more the marrier ;)

18. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

19. Greg

Greg Active Member

We might possibly show up... I'll be a TopSpeed on the 19th for sure tho

20. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

I need to install some new struts (Front) so I think I'll swing by. I can also lend a hand to anyone that needs it.

21. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Yeah I think I will be at top speed also but don't know if I can particiate in the HUNT.

22. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yeah, I won;t be participating, but I'll be there at the end for the meet and stuff

23. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Awsome it will be good to put a name with a face.

24. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

25. johnswrx

johnswrx Member

i will be there. I dont live far from there plus i need to meet some subie people.

26. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

So with all the people that need springs installed how many thought about spring compressors? I can get one from the autozone down the street but it works better if you have more than one set.

27. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

I can get my hands on one and I believe my buddy is going to bring one as well so we should have three.

28. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

If I can find my set I will bring them.
    With a couple guys there, we shouldn't need them really though.. 2 guys push down on the spring hat, a 3rd guy tightens the nut... Wahlah...

29. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Damn dupilicate post!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  30. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

man, i wish my springs were gonna be here on time!

31. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

32. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

I've never done them with spring compressors. I've always had multiple ppl to hold the springs down and tighten them. It's quicker

33. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

Well in that case I might just save myself the hassle of going to get them and just bring some beer or something haha

34. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Beer is fine with me I will have a cooler full of water and soda. I haven't decided on lunch yet any suggestions.

35. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

I dont know if this is going to happen guys roads are starting to slick up here in newnan and my buddy in Fayetteville saw a car slide of the road. The temp is going to keep droping so keep checking back with us.

36. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

I live not a mile from that shop, in fact I used to work at fayette wrecker (215 industrial way) and the roads are pretty clear. They are suposed to be salted tonight " from what I heard" Keep us updated, I have a fuel pump to install as well as finish up my install of my gauges.

37. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

It's too bad we don't drive AWD cars, because then the roads wouldn't matter.

Oh Wait???

38. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

lol!

39. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Dang it! missin it by a day jeeze. Need spring install.

40. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

It's going to be a sunny day tomorrow, high of 40 is what the weather said.

41. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Sorry guys the shop owner dosen't want anyone driving in the morning and wants to reschedule. I will push for next Sat.

P.S sorry about the late notice

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  42. It's still on, if at least 3 people say they want to come. Just let me know and I will go unlock the gate.

43. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

i'll go :) Dont be lazy everyone.