lift a wrx?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by supergopher, Jan 15, 2008.

1. supergopher

supergopher New Member

anyone ever seen or heard of lifting an impreza. im so sick of traffic, i want to hop curbs. i still want good handling tough. obviously handling would suffer, but i think you get the idea. mean street machine! would lifting an impreza reak havok on the AWD system? i want big tires, is something wrong with that?

2. Demo24

Demo24 Member

yup, just stuff on outback or forester struts/springs and you'd have quite a nice lift!

3. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

indeed...

[​IMG]

4. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

difference in suspension:
    [​IMG]

5. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

seems like it would put it about 2" over stock front and back

6. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

i seem to remember rally lift kits for those who like holes in the road

7. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I think Forester or Outback struts will lift the car up an inch or so but will probably require machining to fit.

Some coilovers also let you raise the car up a bit over stock as well as slam it if you please.

8. supergopher

supergopher New Member

how would i go about finding some used, cheap, or free forester/outback struts and springs?

9. supergopher

supergopher New Member

is that a real picture of that silver bugeye or is it photoshop?

10. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Hey I have been looking into this for the exact same reason! I love my suspension but my teeth hurt from all the bumpies. I have found a couple of different things:

http://dirtyimpreza.com/
    dirtyimpreza is a forum for offroad/rallycross impreza guys. They seem to really know their stuff about getting some more ground clearance.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1228188
    This is a sticky on nasioc about lifted wrx's. A lot of people put 10-12" ground control springs (225 up front and 200 in the rear seems to be standard), and I have seen people put those springs on KYB AGX's and even stock STi struts.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=935419&page=3
    This is a thread of one of the first guys to post on nasioc about lifting his STi. He has 9" G-C's with 9" 225 up front and 10" 300s in the back.

[​IMG]

I am thinking about getting some FXT struts, some flavor of g-c springs ($60 ea) and getting something knobby that would fit stock wrx wheels (general grabber at2's ~$90 ea.). Before I buy anything though, I think i will call gran turismo to get their 2 cents.

I also heard if you want to go sky high you can get some forrester/outback factory cradle spacers. I am still trying to figure out what those are. If you find any good info, please let me know!!!

11. techlord

techlord Active Member

Good idea...I am thinking 33" super swampers, 500 hp stroker, PPG's, and lets go tear up some mud!

12. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

Do it Man! I've often thought of this myself. Throw a brushguard/push-rail on that thing w/ the brightest lights you can find! It would be sinister and cool i think; but i'm a little on the crazy side. :hsugh::hsugh:

13. Demo24

Demo24 Member

umm, ftw?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

^^^ That guy is a moderator on dirtyimpreza. I just joined that forum! Whoo!

15. 992.5RS

992.5RS Member

That blue one is awesome! I think my next car will be a lifted wrx wagon!

16. supergopher

supergopher New Member

Thats SO AWESOME!!!

17. supergopher

supergopher New Member

thats what im talking about

18. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

19. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I've always wanted to lift a Forester.
    Like, REALLY lift that mofo.

20. WJM

WJM Banned

Rally Africa setup FTW.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  21. mckenzietj

mckenzietj Member

what about Legacy SUS struts and springs?

22. Deke

Deke Active Member

That's what I'm thinking. Jack up a nice Forester XT...yum.

23. WJM

WJM Banned

same as outback wagon (1996~1999). They will mess with your camber geometry too much.

Stick with Forester stuff (2003~2008)