Trivia in Pooler

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Pomorski, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

If anyone is interested in this sort of thing, at Robin's Nest in Pooler on Wednesday evenings, a good friend of mine hosts trivia. It starts around 7-7:15 and goes to about 9.

Basically, you answer questions in a category and whichever team wins the category gets a free pitcher of beer. There are 5 categories for the evening and then a final question and whomever gets the highest point total after the final question gets $50 in bar bucks while second place gets $25 in bar bucks. They're good for use on food & beer.

It's a pretty good time, free beer and they actually have pretty good food for a bar (the lemon pepper wings rock!).

I'm just putting this out there to see if anyone would like to join. I'm there every Wednesday for it so come on out!

2. tigris

tigris Member

Sounds fun. I should be in the area next week, but out of town the week after. Where is the Robins Nest? Mapquest is being less than helpful, just says Godley Station Blvd, but that doesn't show on the map....

3. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

never heard of robin's nest either, but danielle and i would be interested in coming up there to hang out.

4. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

You know where the Sherwin Williams Paint store is on Pooler Parkway? Robin's Nest is in the same mall right next to the liquor store. Down the road from Longhorn and on the same side of the road. Basically, from the Wal-Mart intersection, head towards the intersection of 80 and take the second right after the Longhorn; you pretty much can't miss the mall that it's in.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  5. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

Don't forget everyone, trivia tomorrow night at Robin's Nest!

6. tigris

tigris Member

I'll be there, so how do I know who you guys are :)

7. reconracer

reconracer Member

is it a kid friendly environment

8. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

sorry, i was already there by the time you sent this...

and no, it really isn't a kid friendly place. it's a bar, pure and simple.

9. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

don't forget, trivia tonight!

10. tigris

tigris Member

Still in SC...
    So if I wanted to find a superbowl party this weekend, where would I go?
    Oh, and are any of you going to Sandblast?

11. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

i'd suggest a sports pub or bar...

depends on what sandblast is...

12. tigris

tigris Member

:eek4: Sandblast is the first Rally of the year! And it's only a 4 hour drive from Savannah :ddirty:

http://sandblastrally.com/2008/

It's in Cheraw, SC. It's one of the bigger rallies since it's the beginning of the season and no one has crashed out yet. They had bikes for the first time last year, and they'll have them again this year. Not quite WRC, but it's live and if you volunteer you get to hang out with the drivers. I'll be heading up next Thursday, hang out and help out Friday, then the race is Saturday.

13. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

Don't forget, trivia at Robin's Nest in Pooler tomorrow night!!!

14. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

man i wish that wasnt on a wed.

15. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

eh, who cares! come on out!!! we're usually done trivia around 9 so it's not that late of a night...

16. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

what time does it start? 7ish if i remember correctly?

17. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

more like 7:15ish lately...

18. Jake

Jake Active Member

hey FRCFED4, I was behind you on abercorn today. from right in front of lowe's till you turned off at burger king across from st. joe's around 2pm.

19. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

no shit. u sure it was me? what were u driving?

20. Pomorski

Pomorski Member

Forget trivia tonight. I just found out it was canceled.

21. Jake

Jake Active Member

100% your tag said FRCFED4. i was driving my POS Acura CL. probly heard me VTAK! by you.

22. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

lol yea it was me then...dont remember it tho. sry

23. Jake

Jake Active Member

ha, i was j/k i didn't floor it. in fact, i was trying to get next to you, but traffic in savannah is worse than atlanta traffic!

24. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

were u behind me at a light that was red....we sat there forever? then i turned left at the burger king onto white bluff?

25. Jake

Jake Active Member

not white bluff. i came up behind you at the light in front of home depot/lowes, then you turned off at the burger king across from st. joseph's hospital.

26. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

eh fair enough my memory sucks but :wavey: ne way

sorry for the thread jacking, back to topic:ddirty: