08 STi meets 04 STi :)

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Alex, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I received a phone call last night from a certain special someone offering me a chance to come check out the new STi. GA apparently took delivery of its first couple this week. I must say, the new STi is quite refined. It is full of creature comforts I never thought Subaru would bring to the Impreza line, including illuminated foot wells when the doors are open, navigation, updated gauge cluster, etc.

The inside of the car is rockin' it features a nice Alcantara-ish center with reasonably well bolstered seats. I felt comfortable when I sat in the driver's seat. This is a feeling I am lacking in my STi currently (I need to get a new seat I believe).

The optional BBS wheels are certainly a nice touch, and the black "STi" brembos look great underneath them.

The exhaust note is excellent, it certainly still sounds as it should. Its obviously a bit less raspy than my car but we could fix that rather quickly :)

Oh, and in case you were curious, this guy is freggin WIDE :bigthumb:

The rear glass on both cars appears to be at almost the same angle. We're curious now whether or not the 08 sti spoiler will fit on pre-08 cars :)

I could go on and on, but I am attempting to make this rather short. I do feel that the new STi has lost the sense of character that the 04/05s have -- but that might be a good thing for Subaru. It takes a certain special someone to love the older STis :) This new one would certainly do well in anyone's garage parked next to a BMW or the like.

I apologize for the crappy photos, I do not have a tripod currently nor a hotshoe flash. I plan to invest in both very soon (sb-600, yay).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2008
  2. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

OoOo pretty

3. FACE

FACE Active Member

Yeah the new STi has really grown on me and I find her to be just as sexy as her early family...

Great pic btw!!!

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

yay! more piktorz pwease!

5. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

i hate your teaser. give me the full course RIGHT NOW!

6. Alex

Negative :)

7. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

is the Car sold or did you go to the dealership?

8. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

Give us more!! :eek:hnoes:

9. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

He wants us to beg lol! ok more ppppllllleeeeeeaaassssee!

10. Alex

Not that I am aware of and no, I did not go to the dealership.

11. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I got that same call last night and I was about to meet up, but my other plans were already happening. :(

I so wanted to check this out, too!!

12. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I didn't know you felt that way! ;-)

13. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Alex ->:gfight: <-Patrick

14. Alex

Yuh!

15. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I still need to see it in person. I really wish that the U.S. would get a coupe Sti, limited production or something.....

16. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

So what stealership has the new 08 sti's now?

17. Alex

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More photos in the OP

18. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Well think of all the money you will save by buying this car. Now you won't have to buy a Red JDM hazard button..

19. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Why didn't anyone call me? :(

lol

20. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Gotta love wrb!

21. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

man i love this car

22. WJM

WJM Banned

See the distributor plate on it? It had to be someone from the SCR HQ in Austell.

23. Alex

$40,000 price tag or so...I will reserve whether or not its worth purchasing should I have the chance to drive one :)

24. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i refuse to go test drive one in fear of my trading up

25. Alex

Haha, yeah.

Let's see -- $20,000 (maybe, but doubtful) trade in, hmm.

26. Deke

Deke Active Member

Lol, wow, sorry, don't remember posting that. Haha, edited, severely.

That's awesome that you got a little preview of the new car. You'll definitely have to do another write-up once you get to drive it.

The looks are still not at all to my taste. But maybe the after market will help it for me.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  27. Deke

Deke Active Member

Lol edited

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  28. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Thank god if I decided to buy one I will get it at the VIP price.

29. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

30. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Identical in looks that is (not internal) .............Sorry not a fan. Never liked the Mazda STI

31. Meredith

Meredith Banned

32. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I guess my cynical humor was over looked. Point being the new STI (this is just my personal opinion ofcourse) looks pretty damn identical to the Mazda 3 wagon. If you follow the link I provided you will see the Mazda 3 Sport Coupe (Wagon) which looks alarmingly identical to the STI. Literally I realize Subaru produces the STI, figuratively from a styling perspective it looks like Subaru highered the body concept team from Mazda when developing the styling for the 2008 Subaru STI, as a matter of fact when I first saw the new 2008 WRX on teh road I mistook it for a Mazda 3.

33. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Hence the sarcastic poke at Subaru when I stated the Mazda STI

34. wrx_kid

wrx_kid Member

very nice congrats on seeing one did u test it out by anychance idk i would keep an older sti to a new one i juss dont seem to like em

35. Deke

Deke Active Member

Lol, I followed you. :wiggle:

36. Meredith

Meredith Banned

ummm I didn't follow... putting it in two separate posts sounded like you were arguing with yourself..... like "buy this car.... no wait I don't like it...."

anywho end confusion

37. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Dane Cook - "This has gone on way too long" LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

38. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

Inside looks nice, but I just don't care for a $40k wagon, STI or not. Come on Subaru, GIVE US A SEDAN OR EVEN BETTER... A LIMITED 2dr!

39. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Yes it is an internal argument...internally it is the car I love, externally not so much. I am trying to like it but damn......................................................certainly made the post bugeye model more desirable...:D

40. Alex

Its definitely a change for SOA, they're going after an older demographic so we'll see where that takes the sales for the new STi. Judging by the posts on IWSTi, they're definitely selling.

41. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I was just looking at other hot hatches that are Rally oriented: Opel, Renault, Peugeot and Subaru is definitely way on top performance-wise especially in Europe. It's too bad they are not exporting the Peugeot 207 GTi. That might be a bad ass little car with a few mods.

I heard the new body style is selling, but that wrx sedan ugh!....someone quick develop a body kit

42. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

Not a fan of the overall look of the car but damn if that interior isn't sexy. No clock pod though. I like my gauges there.

43. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Yea they definitely pimped the interior, I agree

44. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

45. Deke

Deke Active Member

46. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

I was at the dealership the day those blue ones droped, they actually took them back because, those were the other dealerships cars, they got the wrong ones..
    Sog only get dark grey and whites for 1st ones.

Btw pictures do no justice to 08 STI..:pssh:

47. Trey

Trey Active Member

I like the car but not the price. I was interested in replacing my 04 but I'll continue to wait. Something better will come along.....cough09CTRcough

48. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

man, i need one

49. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Saw a WRB today. I was fairly impressed by its looks driving on the road...

50. Trey

Trey Active Member

The white and gold one at SoG is freaking awesome in person. Looks much better IMO. The 18" BBS wheels with 245 tires looks mad.