tire rub issues

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by midnight_rider, Feb 10, 2008.

1. I recently installed prodrive lowering springs on my '02 wagon. Now in somewhat sharper turns I get wheel rub in the rear. I expected it with people in the back seat but it happens with just me in the car. I have 18" wheels so the gap from tire to the inside of the fender is about 2 fingers wide. Is there a strut or some other suspernsion component out there that will correct this problem (i.e. eliminate the rub)? I suspect there is but I figured Id get some input before buying parts.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Consider rolling your fenders before you buy anything :)

3. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

what size are your tires?

4. places to get your fenders rolled?

they are 225/40R/18

5. jayj713

jayj713 Member

bump for places to get my fenders rolled. My tires are only rubbing on the very outside of my back wheels(Its rubbing against the rubber gasket thats lining the frame of the tire well), only when I turn hard or hit kinda big bumps.

I heard discount tire charges $60x4.

6. UBAR

UBAR Member

Pull the rubber thing off!

And then roll your fenders!

7. jayj713

jayj713 Member

If I pull the rubber thing off wont it rub against the metal until i get my fenders rolled?

8. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Whats the size and offset of your wheels?
    You only need to roll the back so for $80 that ain't bad.

9. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Wheels are 18"x8.5" +30?not sure. tires are 255/35/18

10. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Um yeah, That can't be right. An 8.5 with ET30 would be sticking way out of your fenders.
    Either way, you need to roll your fenders and probably add a degree or so of negative camber to get the tire to tuck in enough.

11. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

12. jayj713

jayj713 Member

It's almost flush with the body. iirc i have about 2 degrees of negative camber.

13. WJM

WJM Banned

Roll that stuff bigg tyme!