London hit by terrorist attacks

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, Jul 7, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Early this morning, London was hit by terrorists... explosions in buses and subways, lots of chaos. They're still working on getting people out of the subways, so no telling how many will end up dead/missing at this point.

2. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

damn that bus is fawked up.

3. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Latest reports indicate about 40 dead and 300 injured. Also, U.S. intel states no indications U.S. attack is imminent. Wonder if this will piss the british off or sap their will ala the Spanish...

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Judging by history, the Brits are unlikely to fold.

5. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Yes, but as the Iraq war is already extremely unpopular with the common Brit, will they see this as a reason to leave, or will it impress upon them the need to continue to confront the terrorist threat? I am in the middle on this issue, just wondering, if the British populace, like most Ameircans Post 9/11 will want some revenge or if they will be more "old europe" in their attitude and see this as the result of meddling in the middle east's affairs.

6. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

its very possible these attacks will anger the brits into wanting to do more with the war. This could have been a real mistake for the terrorists.

On another note, the response time of the emergency services was amazing, they have planned really well for scenario's like this and I think they did the best job they could have done given the situation. I just hope my friends and their families back in London are okay.

Craig

7. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Seems like the phones there are a bit overloaded.. friend tried to call a friend of his in London and can't get through.

8. PapitoSTi

PapitoSTi Member

I hope the media gets kicked out of Iraq so the Special Forces and Delta Force can do their job. I say, kill them all (terrorist), let god sort them out. Hope England sends their Commando Units into Iraq and just start wiping out the terrorist.

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I'll guarantee my man Tony Blair won't back down. My only fear is that other small countries will pull out due to this incident like Spain did last year. I don't care if they only have 10 troops over there. Any country pulling out now will validate and encourage the terrorists... I hope this tragedy strengthens the world's resolve to fight the war on terror.
    We are not fighting Iraqi's in Iraq right now, that was done a year after it started. Now we are fighting the 1000's of terrorists that Syria, Iran and the other surrounding countries are letting pour thru their boarders daily. Allthough people slammed Bush for bringing up 9/11 in his speech last week, I have to agree with him. I've been saying all along, this is a different world now, the terrorists have put up their dukes and are ready to fight. Now we can sit here and wait for them to come to us(which it seems is what 45% of Americans want), or go get them where they are.... I think its high time for the world to wake up a little bit, and maybe today(allthough tragic) will help to do just that...

Sorry for the rant....just my .02

10. fez

fez The Arabian Sensation

my brother was in london for just one day....he was a block away from the bus when it blew.

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Not to draw from the seriousness of the incedent, but did anyone else see the London police WRX in some of the footage that the majority of news stations kept looping? It was black with the police hazard colors on the trunk deck, etc. Just found it something to break the trance of all the reports coming in.

12. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I saw that and mentioned it on NASIOC. Pretty cool to see

13. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

more explosions in london today, we as a world need to end this now, it would be one thing if they were going after public figures, but people trying to go to work!, shopping, or just traveling. THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!