Logging Help

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by pokey, Feb 20, 2008.

1. pokey

pokey New Member

I'm trying to figure out how to start logging my car and am getting more confused the more I research. I've been here http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3166&highlight=free+logger and click this http://www.tari.co.za/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl. It says the web page can't be found. Anyone else know where to get the software or another program to data log thats free? I already have a cobb apv2 and have read that the cable that came with it will work. Is this correct? Sorry if all of this has been covered. Just trying to figure it all out and need ome help. Thanks Brandon

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Hmm, i think ROMrainder has a free logger? not entirely sure.. i use a older version of TARI. let me know if you cant find anything else.. il email you the program..

3. shiftynick

shiftynick Member

4. pokey

pokey New Member

I tried to use the romraider this morning and couldn't get it to connect with the ecu. My problem with that maybe I'm trying to use my cobb ab dongle. Can any one confirm if this will work with either program.

5. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

i use the tactrix cable to log on mine, with ECUexplorer or ROMraider (formerly Enginuity).

good link and good website
    especially for ecu/logging/flashing questions

6. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I use tari with my Ap cable...

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

8. pokey

pokey New Member

I downloaded ECUexplorer from the link that keeganxt. In the user guide that came with it, it stats that it will not work on the dbw ecus in the sti's. I can't get the ecu to connect to the laptop. The link that nsvwrx posted will not work. When I click download it says webpage not found. Is there away to get ROMraider to work with the cobb apv2 cable. Don't have the $80 to spend on another cable right now.

9. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

That is my qa as well...anybody know?
    Thanks

10. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

that seems off to me. my 06 wrx uses the same drive by wire system that the sti's use and using my tactrix cable and ecuexplorer it works great. i would think romraider will work too once you install the updated ecu definitions and log definitions.

11. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Romraider seems the most user friendly BUT does it work with the AP2 connector?