CV axle

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by midnight_rider, Feb 25, 2008.

1. So I have a really loud clicking noise when I turn left from a stand still. I was told that my CV axle needs to be replaced. I was also told that if I replace one then I need to replace the other. My question is before I replace them with OEM parts, are there aftermarket replacements that are better than OEM? Im looking to be in a moderate power range i.e. 270-300hp in the future so is it even worth an upgrade?

2. I do not believe that you have to replace both unless they are both clicking.Look under the car and see if the boots are broken.They are directly behind the middle of the the front wheels.A big round rubber boot with several ribs.(for your pleasure)

3. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I broke one once and didn't have to replace the other.

Also it's cheaper to go to pep boys or auto zone with your old one and buy a rebuilt one. (As they will rebuild yours and then re sell it someday later)

4. sleeper31204

sleeper31204 Member

ive got the front for my 02 WRX on order through E.C.S. Performance. 150.oo for both, shipped.

-William...