Just bought my first house!!

Discussion in 'Kitchen & Cellar' started by Ben@TTR, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Just wanted to show everybody my new house! My wife and I are very exited it's our first one. Finally got out of those damn apartments.

[​IMG]

2. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Grats! There are times when I wish I could go back to an apartment, but then I go to someones apartment and thank God for my house...

3. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

awesome! congrats on the purchase!!! Best of luck making it your home!

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

wow, great looking house!

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

congrats....are those 2 seperate garages, or are they somehow combined?!

6. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

thanks a lot!!! now i'm broke lol

7. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

they are combined, that was the selling point. its almost like having a 3 car garage, the side my car is in goes all the way to the back side of the house and has work benches in it

8. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

sweet man. congrats

9. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

thats awesome man!

10. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

nice house! congrats

11. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

congrats. I'll post up some pictures of my new house sometime. had it for about 2 months now

12. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

congrats guys!!

There's nothing like being a home owner and pulling into a garage that is your own.
    Time to start pissing off the neighbors and having install days.... :rofl:

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

When can I move in? :)

Congrats!

14. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

you DON'T want to move to Peachtree City.... ;)

15. Eco Auto Clean

don't forget cobb stage 2 gutters if needed! =) oh and energy efficient lights...lol just trying to think of the stuff I've done..also had vents and carpets cleaned...

[​IMG]

16. Good deal!! Right now is the perfect time to buy a house too. All house prices are down about 2% in Atlanta, plus a huge amount of the house sellers are getting desperate and will take/consider just about any offer.

17. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Nice.... congratz man Apartments are the fucking devil. Are you on the north side ?

18. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

no, i live in hampton now right behind atlanta motor speedway. thanks everyone i'm really happy to have a piece of dirt to call my own. BTW peachtree city does suck lol!

19. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

I'm jealous! Looking forward to actually owning some land one day.

20. evil_wagon

evil_wagon Member

congrats nice house

21. Congratulations .. hurry up and replace all the bulbs with cfl's and add extra insulation to th attic.

22. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

You suck :squint: I want a house...

Congrats bro,

23. FACE

FACE Active Member

Congrats you two!

24. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

thanks everyone!

25. Eco Auto Clean

yo man..just seeing how you all are liking the house....any home improvements etc..?? Anyways, hope all is well!

26. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Awesome Ghost. Last week was my 1 year anniversary for buying my first house. It has been a year, and it is great to know I don't have to pack up and move because they are going to raise my rent by $50 to $100 a month because my "Move in" special has expired.

27. Eco Auto Clean

home pwning FTW

28. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

whoa! lol i was shocked to see this thread. I am loving the house! we re-modeled the living room about a month ago. I built an entertainment system in the wall over my fake fireplace and hung the lcd above it. I really want to arch the openings between the living, dining and kitchen. i guess thats next. I have to admit though, the economy has hurt the stereo business so were struggling right now. I hope that something good is right around the corner. :sx:

29. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

hey you live in Henry Co too. how far are ya from AMS? there is nothing like owing your own home. you don't have to put up with the bs that you do in apt's. this is my 1st house too, and i don't think i'd ever go back to apt's again.

30. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

im literally right behind ams. yeah i cant stand apts either. i would rather be swamped in house bills than put up with another leasing office.

31. Eco Auto Clean

sounds like things are going good..welll except for the economy which i believe is hurting every business right now..well except for oil and and car dealer that sells with 30mpg plus....

Need some before and after pics! lol...just got my house sprayed for pests and termites..other than that not much at all has changed!!

32. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

Congrats!

33. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

here are some before/ after pics of my living room. That color is punk rock green! :coold:

before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

I did crown moulding, paint hid all the wires and built the shelving in the wall.

34. Eco Auto Clean

looks awesome man!!! I know it feels good having your own house and making it a home...im slowly but surely doing it..little harder on 1 income