Help cure Blood Cancer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ScoobyMike, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Hey y'all I'm posting this for a really good buddy of mine Tommy Waterworth (Tom's WRX)
    Some of you might know him and some not, either way he's a good guy and he has been on here for some time...

You can help me cure blood cancer!!!!

Hello friends, As you all know, i am not one to really ask for help, so you know this is serious. I am participating in the Mayor's Midnight Half Marathon in Anchorage, Alaska on June 21st.

I am running in support of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of America. They have been raising money in hopes of curing Blood Cancer for years. If it weren't for these types of fundraisers my fiance, Sarah might not have had the chance at life that she had during her bout with cancer.

Sarah was diagnosed with Stage IV Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma shortly after i returned from Baghdad. She developed a mass on her collar bone which we initially thought was arthritis from a Tennis injury. After her diagnosis the doctor informed us that her Cancer is 100% treatable! She went on to tell us about the innovative treatments that are available and what we should expect. 6 months later, she is in remission and ready to run a half marathon thanks to great people that have spent their time, energy and money to help support Cancer research. Not only is this a mission to help others with their fight against blood cancer, but crossing the finish line will be the final triumphant step for Sarah as she puts her battle with Lymphoma behind her on the 13.1 mile course.

I plan to be right there with her every step of the way, just as i was during her treatment. Please help me in this very worthy cause. Visit my donation site and donate whatever you can. Every penny is appreciated and goes to a phenomenal cause.

Link-
    http://www.active.com/donate/tntga/tommywaterworth

Thanks in advance!!
    Thomas Waterworth
    Have a great day!!:)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I used to work with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society once or twice a year, they're a great organization.

Glad to hear that Sarah is doing better!

3. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

evening bump

4. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

glad to hear she is in remission. I will check out site once I get to a pc.....i am a two x lymphoma survivor myself...as I'm thankful for each and every organization out there!..glad you are supporting her and are by her side!

5. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Glad to see that you okay, yeah please check out the site when you have a chance....Thanks again!!

6. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

7. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

evening bump.....don't forget to donate....please and thank you....

8. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

Hey guys, hadn't hit the boards since Mike posted this up for me. Thanks for all the kind words and support. If there is anyone out there that can identify and would like to help us cure blood cancers. Please jump in and help out at the site in this thread.

Otherwise, help me find a good 02-03-04 wrx. Wagon sedan, no matter. definately has to be a strong car. Not looking to pickup a headache!

9. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Your Welcome:wavey:

10. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

bump for a killer cause. Drop a couple packs of smokes or a tank of gas to save lives. Odds are, if i buy a subie i will probably buy some part off of you to make up for the $ you give me for this.

Tom