New Tint law to start TODAY (June 1)

Discussion in 'Latest Spin Forum Archive' started by rexrocker, Jun 1, 2005.

1. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Not a shocker that they passed the law...

"Under the guidelines established by the law, the windows' tint must have a visibility of at least 35 percent or better."

http://11alive.com/news/usnews_article.aspx?storyid=63907

Milo, maybe you can classify your car as a limo and be exempt. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Or maybe not...[​IMG]

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I remember someone saying it was 32-35% on the fronts, and whatever you wanted on the backs.

3. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

what about out of staters

4. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

can do shit about out of towners......by law.....

5. fez

fez The Arabian Sensation

hrm....mine are exactly 35

6. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I haven't got shit yet and I have 20% on the back and 25% on the sides...

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

tint law and milo's tint :ky:

8. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

freaking guy.....

9. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

looks like im gonna tint the snot out of mine.

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:eek:hnoes:

11. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

+1 :eek:hnoes:

12. married05gt

married05gt starting over

20% here

13. PapitoSTi

PapitoSTi Member

I got 20% on both cars all around.

14. AWD OWNZ U

AWD OWNZ U Member

Glad I have NV plates. :)

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

it dont matter... u will get busted the same

16. AWD OWNZ U

AWD OWNZ U Member

I doubt it. I got a ticket for illegal shit in Michgan, it just got thrown out in court. The judge is usually sympathetic if you are from out of town.

17. RADON

RADON Member

New law specifically states any vehicle operated in GA. This applies to everyone. The first law was deemed unconstitutional because it applied only to GA plated vehicles. This also why the news has been following this so closely as people are afraid that if they cops crack down hard on out of staters it could affect tourism. I doubt this will happen, but who knows

Either way, I got 20% and they can blow me.

18. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

yeah you tell them guy....

19. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Out od state can be ticketed just like everyone else. We used to have tint on the front windows od my old Honda when I moved to CA. Tinted fronts are illegal there. Within a few months I was pulled over and given 48 hours to remove it or be fined. You aren't exempt with out of state plates. But if you have 25%, I don't think any cop is going to be able to look at your windows and say "hey, that guy's got 30% not 35% tint." I wouldn't worry too much.

20. ^^^Yup

The law allows 32% +/- 3%

It applies to passenger cars (all around) as well as trucks and utility passenger vehicles (32% front two windows, anything on the back).

Tint allowed on top 6" of windshield only.

It applies to GA residents as well as visitors and non-residents, and those who got tint while the law was in limbo are still accountable.

Some officers like writing tickets for it (<cough> GSP <cough>), others really don't care, but it's a great excuse to stop a car and check things out. :D

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

wow... someone told me that we could tint whatever we wanted on the back windows... :eek:hnoes:

how hard is it to get me classified as a truck or utility vehicle? :naughty:

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

blueline: by the way, u probably know my tint is super dark... if u ever pull me over, please be nice :)

23. redefinedWRX

redefinedWRX Member

take pics of your car before the tint, when you get a ticket, take the pic to court, and say i removed the tint, they will say thank you very much and not make you pay the fine...hehe.....to bad my buddy told me this after i paid my fine..do'h

24. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Yeah, but what happens when you get pulled over again for tint.

25. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Worry about that when it happens ;)

Does this law apply to people that had now illegal tint before the law went into effect?

26. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

hmm I wonder if the wagon is a utility vehicle?

I think I had 35% on the front and 25% on all 5 rear windows.

27. slug

slug Member

does anyone have pics of the "leagal standard" of tint, ive been seriously considering getting tint especially with this 90 degree temps with 90% humidity

28. Yup :)

29. Nah, you're ok. It might be fun to pull you over and harass you a little bit though.... j/k ;) :D

30. jt money

hey bluelinescooby what if i got a ticket for tint a week or so before this law went into effect?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  31. E-Mol

E-Mol Member

Just to clarify, on passenger vehicles the new law requires 32% +- 3% all around?

32. redefinedWRX

redefinedWRX Member

just do it over agian, its not considered a moving violation you can do it over and over and over lol :wiggle:

33. To court! As far as I am aware, the law took effect June 1st, anything before that may not be valid.

34. Yup, any car.... wagons may be considered utility vehicles, but I'm not positive. That would be something the court would have to define....

35. There's a good philosophy ;) It's not a moving violation, that's true, so you won't accrue points on your license. However, it is a misdemeanor charge that carries a fine up to $1000.

36. jt money

well im contesting mine! just got my court papers. i have a pre excisting eye condition that lets me tint mine that dark. i get sevier headaches in the sunlight. and sunglasses that dark doesnt let me see the guages all that good. although the script hade ran up i have a new one now and im takin my ticket to court. plus i got my ticket on the 21st of may not after the first of june.

37. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

so whats going to happen with all that JT?

38. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i heard that u need to be tested by a doctor selected by the state before u can use that excuse

39. Kraut

Kraut New Member

Same here

40. oucatch21

oucatch21 Member

acctually that is why they changed the law ..... now they can write out of state car a ticket as well.... and with the new law on passenger cars it is 32-35 all they way around the only vehicles that can do the back and rear doors darker are vans, trucks, and limos

41. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I still don't understand how they can give an out of state car a ticket, especially if the tint is within the home states legal limits.

42. Kraut

Kraut New Member

yah, how lame

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2005