Just Purchased Cobb Springs - Input of Personal Experiences

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by D_K, Apr 9, 2008.

1. D_K

D_K Member

So i've been researching a lot about these springs but I cannot come to a definitive answer. The main thing that I have come to realize is that everyone loves the look of the drop but noone loves the springs themselves. I have read several threads on NASIOC that say the springs are detriment to performance. From what i've been reading the car is too low and hits the bumpstops. Also there has been a few occasions where the springs have rusted over and the rear saggs terribly. If anyone on here has Cobb please let me know of your experiences. I have searched this forum and Cobb turned up nothing.

So basically if you have Cobb springs please post your negative and positive experiences with the springs. Thanks in advance guys!:sx:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  2. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

I don't personally have the Cobb springs, but I almost purchased a set about a month ago. I opted to go for an exhaust instead though. No real reason other than I wanted it more.

However, I do know that almost everyone I know who has used any cobb product has been very satisfied with it. The springs came highly recommended in my case. The cobb springs are not that big of a drop, I don't believe, but it's enough to set the car off very nicely. Cobb does a lot of research when designing their suspension parts (so as not to wear out OEM struts, no bottoming issues, not overly harsh ride, etc). I also know that you'll see a big handling improvement. Not always the case with lowering springs. Like, I've heard Tein S-techs, for example, are generally detrimental to your car's handling but they look sweet. The Cobbs seem to be the best of both worlds.

Let us know how you like them, as personal experiences are always useful. And if you need help installing them, there's lots of people around the board who can help you out. :bigthumb:

3. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

i have a set too..but i havent put them on my car yet :( lol

4. Mykl

Mykl New Member

The problem with Cobb springs is that on the stock struts with the stock springs you don't have much room to go before you're on the bumpstops. With the Cobb springs you're probably well into the bumpstops just sitting at rest. It's like cornering without a front suspension because your spring rate goes to infinite almost instantly.