Grand Theft Auto Iv - Chat

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by perduevision, May 1, 2008.

1. perduevision

perduevision Member

[​IMG]

So I got the pre order and picked it up on Tuesday this week. AMAZING!!! If you have the PS3, toss your games out and pop this one in. I started a website for it yesterday if you want to get the cheat codes and toss around some feedback. Check it out here

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2008
  2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

hope they come out with a pc version soon

3. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

YES, i hope so too!!

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

It won't be soon enough.

5. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

They have cheat codes again? Groovy. Not sure whether I want to use them though.

6. perduevision

perduevision Member

OOOO, you definitely want to check out these codes! They make running from the police that much easier. I love how you can do anything in the game that you can in real life without actually going to jail or getting killed.

[​IMG]

OOO thats hot!

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

your forum doesnt work

8. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

^ditto

9. Deke

Deke Active Member

blah...beat the game first, then cheat codes.

10. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

Has anyone seen a car in a car that looks like an STi? I raced it on a motorcycle, the car was fast as hell.
    Can't wait to get one.

11. Vektra

Vektra Member

This game has pulled me out of Warcraft, I love it. Anyone here who plays on XBL post or pm me your gamertag I want to play online with some cool people. im vektra5

12. scooby_snacks

Will probably do the same. Besides running from the police and having a tough time is great fun. I've died and saved plenty of times!

My gamertag is RickyBobby6488, I haven't ventured online yet, I've found myself too involved in single player. How is it?

13. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

anybody had a problem with the game loading, mine willjust sit at the load screen. ps3

14. Vektra

Vektra Member

I have heard reports of the ps3 version locking up a lot, I have also heard it has happened on the 360 but I have not had a problem

15. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

played it lastnight at 420's, freaking sweet game...too bad i don't have a ps3 or 360

16. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

After playing for awhile mine will shut off and say disk unreadable on my 360. I looked and its got a coupl of small scratches on the bottom, I have no idea where from because it went from the box to the 360 1 time so I think I have something inside scratching disks.

I got it at Walmart so I'll go exchange it when I get around to it.

It has also glitched on me once when walking into second apartment.

17. scooby_snacks

My copy has been completely perfect on single player. The only issue I've had is on multiplayer where I can hear people talking but the game just keeps on loading. That could of course just be waiting for the round to finish. I've not really spent the time to try and figure it out, can't get enough of single player yet.

18. Vektra

Vektra Member

My forza did this too :( it just sat in my 360 for like 3 weeks and than it stopped reading it

19. perduevision

perduevision Member

I never had any load issues with the PS3. Game runs great. Its a bit dark but I have been used to cheating the weather code to put some light on the subject. I have mine on a tube TV so I need to get the 1080p LCD upgrade soon.

20. Vektra

Vektra Member

not a knock on you at all but I know quite a few people who have talked about buying a ps3 or 360 or have bought them and don't own an HDTV. I don't see how they do it! IMO an HDTV is almost a prereq, I had a tube HDTV when I got my 360 and within a month got a 32" lcd. BTW right now im playing GTA on my 22" pc monitor to not bother the wife and I love it, I may keep it in there.

21. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

22. Deke

Deke Active Member

Lol, my 360 is hooked up to a 27" tube. I'll definitely agree that it doesn't hold a candle to playing it on an hdtv, but the games are still fun to play. And thats why I buy game systems :)

An hdtv is in my future though.

23. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Shit, I dont think I could ever go back to a regular tv. Thats probably why I dont watch it when I go to my grandparents house. lol

O, by the way. I found that STI looking car. Its called a Sultan RS. Its a 2 door with a hood scoop, wing, and side exit exhaust that shoots flames. oh, it also has a Blow Off Valve. The headlights look like Is300, the rears look like Bmer. It was pretty fast too. I didnt get a chance to burn the tires to see if it was awd but when I slid it around it left 4 tire tracks rather than just 2 so I assume so.

I also found what I'm assuming is a '86 Corrolla coupe. The one I had was black with fender flares and black drift style rims. On the side panel it says '"n/a 20 valve rwd." It was probably the easiest to slide around in.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  24. Galimore

Galimore Member

Haven't gotten my hands on GTA4 yet but in San Andreas the WRX was called a Sultan :si:

25. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Bah, thats what it is. The Sultan lol. I knew it was an "S" word. Its a Sultan RS in GTA4

26. Vektra

Vektra Member

I found the first one the other day, its rwd :( but still a fun car.

27. Eco Auto Clean

so I'm like 5% done..lol....too much screwing around? Has any one beat it yet? Gotta buddy of mine that beat it the other day....Yes..lots of free time..haha

28. Vektra

Vektra Member

im somewhere around 80%, has anyone found any really fun multiplayer games? I tried some out the other night, I did cops and robbers or whatever its called and it sucked. the matches lasted 30 sec.

29. Eco Auto Clean

just me and my lonesome over here..boo lol

30. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I like the Team Deathmatch, and have been pretty good at it lately. I kinda stopped playing the game late last week and started doing the multiplayer much more.

31. perduevision

perduevision Member

In order to burn the tires down, stop the car and hold reverse and gas at the same time. You can turn the wheel at the same time to do a donut. If its a true all wheel drive, it will spin in the center of the car, sweeeeeet! I have not yet seen the sultan. I will be looking for it though.

32. Vektra

Vektra Member

I beat the story mode last night, well with one of the endings anyway. now im going to go for 100% .....unlimited ammo!

33. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

if you burn out for too long your wheels will eventually pop.

34. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

it does now. i fixed the link.

pigeons map
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  35. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

me and for 420 came up with our own game, Get a bike, and see if you can kill yourself in (1) crash!! it's f-ing funny!!

36. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

It is also impossible. It can't be done. I swear it.

37. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

this map might help you then. here is where all the stunt jumps are.
    [​IMG]

38. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I know it can be done damnit!!!

39. Galimore

Galimore Member

Crash it into a pre-damaged gas pump :: Boom :ddirty:

40. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

take the motorcycle into the subway. Hit a train head-on....insta-death lol.

41. perduevision

perduevision Member

42. perduevision

perduevision Member

Get a chopper, fly to the tallest building, get out of the chopper and get a bike, then jump off the building. Sweeeeeeet!

I also like getting the chopper and taking it to the ozone layer and then jumping out, thats pretty cool too. The guy is like cussing and flailing his arms all the way down.

43. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

how are you going to get a bike on top of the tallest building? spawn one? (only way)

44. Eco Auto Clean

unlimited ammo/health cheat and running from the cops FTMFW!!! haha..thats all I do....

45. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

I'm like 50% through with it....haven't played it much lately though. Still haven't used any cheats. Trying to beat it first lol.

46. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

oh and my gamertag on xbox live is phoshox for anyone that wants to add me :D