gran turismo 5 prologue tommorrow

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by awdlaunch132, Apr 15, 2008.

1. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

gt5 prologue comes out tomorrow! got mine preordered and i am off work all weekend. who else is going to be play this.

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Can I come over and play?

3. gte123v

gte123v Member

I don't know, I can't justify $40 for what is essentially a demo for a game that won't be out for at least another year.

4. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Pssh the new GTA come out in a few weeks.... and I don't have to buy a PS3!

5. WJM

WJM Banned

psshhh...I've got AC4, AC5 and AC0.

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Actually, this is the one I am really waiting for.

7. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

yeah its just a demo but i was a huge gt4 nerd. plus you can play online with the prologue so that will be fun. but i guess i will be the only one playing this......jerks.

8. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Don't hate. You are probably the only one on here with a PS3 :rofl:

The screen shots look fantastic, but I tried to play GT3 for like 2 days and could not get my first drivers license so I quit. The Gran Turismo games are a little too real for me (i.e. I still suck at driving).

9. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

yeah i am def the minority with a ps3. so i guess i am actually the jerk:wtc:

10. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

11. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

12. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

I also am getting GT5P with pre-order from eb games.

13. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

14. STiLLsLow

STiLLsLow Member

i traded my wii for a ps3 exclusively for GT5, whats that tell ya?!

15. xcritic

xcritic Member

I'm picking up a copy tomorrow. Got a logitech wheel today and am ready to race.

16. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I'm going to try and pick up a copy at lunch.

17. Yeah me too, im trying to head out around lunch to pick up a copy.

18. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Well just played a few races during lunch. Had to buy an Acura Integra Type R with the starting money since I couldn't afford an STi. Need to get used to the car, but the stages look great, except some of the choices for what time of the day sucks. Glaring sun or shadows that absolutely block view sucks. I even turned up the brightness on the game setting. Oh well, we'll see how the stages look.

19. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

stupid bestbuy hadn't gotten it yet. I'll try and get it after work :(

20. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

Bestbuy never has games on release dates, I would try an EB or something.

21. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

BB and CC did not have them. I got a copy from Gamestop, no waiting.

22. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

yeah but EB and gamestop are full of smug assholes who feel it is their NERD DUTY to lecture me on why it's best to preorder, to which I reply, "I like to fuck you out of your commission you retail sales clerk loser"

23. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

success! best buy had 20 or so copies.

suck it eb/gamestop.

24. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

25. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

26. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I got mine from best buy also.

Fun game, I love the inside the cockpit view. I've just started doing the A class races.

I don't like how they don't have a parts place (for exhaust / turbo / etc), but I read in the manual in game that a Quick Tune will be available after you beat A B C races. I also read after you beat all 3 classes an "S" class is unlocked.

I've yet to try it online though. Up to 16 people in one race... CRAZY!

27. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

Working on A class now. you get a BMW 1 series for beating B class

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  28. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

ugh, the GT-R is a huge steaming turd. it is a huge handful to drive and it will get away from you very easily. stuck in re racing mode trying to get money to buy a ford GT for the american muscle car series

29. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

got it yesterday night and i already beat it. bouya!! now its time to start saving for the f2007 f1 car.

30. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

:eek4:

31. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

Ok, finished A, B, and C class. S class is unlocked, along with tuning options.

can race online in a super speedway with my ferrari and make $50k/race. F2007 here I come :)

32. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

The ford GT keeps losing it on every single corner for me >_<

33. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

do you have the driving aids turned on? If you're not using a wheel, I would suggest turning them on. the controller is too coarse for trying to correct oversteer. steering assist will help

34. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I turn everything off. :p I do have the Driving Force Pro (for Gt4) but I hadn't hooked it back up.... yet

35. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

After hooking up the wheel the Ford GT still is not fun for me.

I just cleared A class
    and I just started a little online play.

Fun stuff.

36. gte123v

gte123v Member

I gave in and picked up a copy last friday, even though i said I wouldn't. The first thing I noticed was that the graphics aren't all that great and there're are noticeable slow downs in frame rate when there're multiple cars running off track at a corner and kicking up dust (maybe it has something to do with outputing at 1080p, not sure). Also, for some reason the sense of speed just isn't there, I can be going 180 and it looks and feels like I'm only going maybe 60. It's still fun, but there're certainly more tweeks to be made.

37. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  38. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

ha i did the same thing but i used the corvette... sweet gaming setup btw

39. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Member

Got it from my job the day it came out(wit a free tee...suckas)

Feel late for trying to join this discussion, but I love the game. Graphics are gorgeous and, as always, the music is amazing. I haven't experienced any slow down or hiccups at all. I'm runnin 1080P on a DLP. I think it's amazing. And the best part is that the ACTUAL game that's coming out next year is gonna be bigger and better.

40. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

I got an odd issue here, my ps3 is connected via HDMI to my LCD which can do 1080p but in GT5 options/video, it says it's doing 1080i. what's the deal?

41. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

Check PS3 settings?

42. pankopp

pankopp Member

so is the game worth it, or is it too easy.. I dont want to buy it and be able to beat it in like 2 days....

43. impreza jr.

impreza jr. Member

Im ready for a new need for speed a good one thats more realistic

44. impreza jr.

impreza jr. Member

and dont forget about the new gta 4

45. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

Pankopp its worth it. I had a ton of trouble the S class races. plus online racing is pretty competitive. you won't get bored with it for a while...

46. Galimore

Galimore Member

I'm thinking about picking up a PS3 soon since my 360 is RROD and Microsoft won't give me another one....bastards.
    Think GT5 will be worth it?

47. jayj713

jayj713 Member

wooo just beat s class and i have 2,000,000 credits. about to buy the ferrari f1 car :D