Anyone playing Guitar Hero III ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by baddriver, Oct 28, 2007.

1. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I went to Wal Mart and picked up a still unopened Guitar Hero III bundle that came with the same old wired Xplorer controller for the XBox 360, and not the new fangled wireless Les Paul style unit. :grr: I think this may be another reason for me to think that Wal Mart sucks.

I am wanting to know if anyone's played the game on a "Good" wireless Les Paul controller, whatever the platform, and how they'd rate the new controller, and if it handles slides any better than the Xplorer that was released with Guitar Hero II for the XBox 360.

2. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I just went to Micro Center and picked up the bundle with the wireless Les Paul for the XBox 360. The buttons are less clacky and slides feel easier.

I have to run a few errands in a few mins but I'll be WASTING HOURS on this game later tonight!

3. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

DUPE POST - DELETE

FYI: I was getting an error on submittal with no description, and later so I repoted and ta da!

I Post timestamp is off. I submitted this at 1:01 PM

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  4. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Dupe Post

5. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

the buttons are the suck on that 360 controller. i'm going to pick up my copy soon for ps2.

6. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

not sure about the controller, but I downloaded it and most of my friends agree its a crappy game. activision bought the guitar hero license and developed GH3, while the REAL developers of the original series (harmonix) are working on rock band that will absolutely blow guitar hero out of the fucking water.

they hired a lot of putzes from scorehero.com to do the note charts for GH3 and a lot of them are terrible at the expert level.

7. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

local best buys have rock band kiosks set up now. I was kind of disappointed that it was in the back and not around the HUGE guitar hero 3 shit, but I encourage everyone to go and play the drums. also the fender strat they use is awesome as fuck. 10 fret buttons with user changeable effects

8. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I just played GH3 a bit tonight, and it's enjoyable. The wireless controller is much less clacky, but I found myself unintentionally going into star power mode. The game intro wasn't well done, I'm not a fan of battle mode, but If I can play friends over XBox live it's wort it to me.

I'm going to look into buying Rock Band too. I'll go ahead and do a preorder, but I really just want the game and a guitar controller.

9. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

you dont want the drums and everything else?

also you can play online with rockband, make your own band, career mode, etc etc. can post up classifieds if youre looking for more band members

10. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

11. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

whats funny is i joked about a dragon force song on a guitar hero game and.. well you will see

12. impreza jr.

impreza jr. Member

thats a nice 1