FINALLY!!! It's going down

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Sparta, May 21, 2008.

1. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yesterday I started pulling my motor out. Of course I will need some help this weekend and called upon Kingwrex and the usual Posse.

I am going to try and finish pulling it Thursday morning before class (If I can find a ride to the garage) to make sure I don't need to order anything from Classic before the week's out.

I have all day Friday to work on it, and Saturday afternoon. I plan on having it back running by Sunday
    :sx:

I'm thinking maybe we can make this a G2G/ COOKOUT at Steven's house? We are aiming for Sunday so we can stay focused and get the job done.

Post up if you plan on coming through, any extra hands will be greatly appreciated in completing this project!

Thanks in advance Ped for lending me the hoist! :wavey:

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  2. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

Well we know that you are pull the motor? What are trying to accomplish?

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Oh yea, I forgot not everyone knows. I am doing the STI shortblock with WRX heads and STI cams.

4. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

ooohhhhhhh yeaahhh......... you have all the gaskets, torque specs, timing belt, and RTV?

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

You need another hand?

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Of course! Especially someone that has done this before! :bowdown:

When are you available? It looks like its just gonna be me on Friday as Steven and Ped have work.

7. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Check, check, check, and what is RTV?

8. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

RTV silicone you need some for gaskets so that they seal correctly. you can pick it up at any auto parts store.

9. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

Do you have a torque wrench? you mite want to ask WJM to see what else you mite need.

10. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

I Have All The Tools And Specs We Are Going To Need

11. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Yeah but what do you know...you better ask WJM if its ok if you work on a Subaru....

LOL....I kid I kid.

Matt

12. kingwrex

YEA, IM A NOOB AT THIS STUFF. LETS JUST HOPE WJM CAN DRIVE UP FROM FLORIDA TO TELL US HOW TO DO EVERYTHING:rofl:

13. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

[​IMG]

14. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I am pretty sure wrxguy isnt aware that you are also a Subaru Mechanic;)

He hasnt been on the site much in the past few months/year

No need to get all CAPS LOCK angry about it;)

15. kingwrex

sorry im at work and another guy just used the computer to close out a ticket and the cammands have to be in caps. no ones angry here. all jokes. plus wjm is a smart guy and i could use some of his knowladge in certain areas.

16. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

:gaysex:

17. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

We have a rule at the shop that every time that dancing banana appears on the screen someone has to yell "ITs PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME"

18. kingwrex

Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!

19. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

www.prankdialer.com for some peanut butter jelly time

what turbo are you running? I'd be interested to see the results with the cams

20. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Damn finally man! I if I was in Ga you know id be there! So now you can have it running by Sun get tuned and then caravan with Face and King!

21. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Going with a vf39 for now.

I would like to... but unfortunately since my clutch went out last week I haven't been able to work and I won't be able to work until I get the car running again so I am one broke muther-lover for the time being! Buuuuut since I am out of work I may be able to bum a ride with Alex... gas 3-ways is alot cheaper than gas 1 way!

22. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah i'm very interested to see his numbers, because my old car is running the EXACT same setup except he will have the STi cams, and my old car doesn't

23. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

Ditto on the setup, thought about doing the cams at one point but decided that I didn't like the work associated with the project. But since the motor is out already you might as well do them. Good luck to you hope it goes smoothly

24. kingwrex

Does Anyone Think They Will Be Coming To The Cookout Sunday???

25. Jake

Jake Active Member

cookout sunday? where?

26. kingwrex

MY PLACE, TO CELEBRATE DANA'S CAR BEING FINISHED HOPEFULLY

27. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

haha hopefully!

28. FACE

FACE Active Member

Man you don't have to BUM a ride because your coming with us!!! SPARTA!!! (sorry I just have to) :)

Hate that your not going oneiguy :wtc:

29. Jake

Jake Active Member

oh i didn't see a post about the cookout. but duh, i live down the street.

30. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I know 1 I guy wish you could make it. Face swing by Ped's and throw him in the trunk and bring him down here

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  31. kingwrex

im going to peds in just a minute, ill see what i can do:naughty:

32. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

this still going to happen? if so I'll lend a hand in!!

33. kingwrex

this post was supposed to be a lend a hand on saterday and cookout on sunday kinda thing

34. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yea, come lend a hand Saturday, and we finish up/celebrate Sunday.

Is anyone available Friday to lend a hand?

35. FACE

FACE Active Member

I may be off early tomorrow and could come up and friday as well. I'm doing that boat on sat. so wont be there till later and of course on sunday if there is free food! ;)

36. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Food will be on me for my appreciation....

I'm sure Steven's got the beer covered too with as much as he's got around the house

37. Jake

Jake Active Member

well i'm working 8-5 tom, fri, and sat. i'll lend a hand after work if i see you guys over there. i will help most of the day sunday but i think i have some friends coming in town sunday night. so i'll help till then

38. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Steven you haven't drank all that beer yet? :rofl:

39. techlord

techlord Active Member

going to nawlins otherwise I would lend a hand.
    oh and, throw a bigger turbo on that bitch!

40. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

So where is this happening? I should have time Friday and Saturday so just send me a pm and let me know when/where to show up.

41. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

In do time. My clutch really rushed this swap so I didn't have time to find one.

PM sent. I will probably get started Friday afternoon depending on how things go tomorrow.

42. Jake

Jake Active Member

willow grove townhomes at the intersection of hickory grove and baker roads in kennesaw. i say that, because our road is actually not on google or mapquest. if you can find the intersection then its right across the street from the shell station. and im sure it will be obvious which house we're at. but steven's is the second building on the right

43. youradumb1

youradumb1 Member

im game for sunday...time place and what 2 bring

44. kingwrex

2550 Willow Grove Rd
    Acworth Ga, 30101.

75N to Wadegreen Rd. turn right onto Wadegreen and go 2 lights tand make a left at Hickory Grove Rd, there is a Mcdonalds on the left at the intersection. Go through 2 lights, the 2nd light is baker Rd. after Baker Rd turn left across from the Shell gas station into Willow grove subdivision. go to stop sign and take a right. my house is the second on the right and the middle garage.

45. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I'd say we will be working around noon so anytime after that. I will post up Saturday if we happen to finish by then in which we will have a designated time!

46. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Good luck with this, i'll be out of town for the weekend.

47. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

You know I will be there. I can also provide some food as well.:) I will see you Friday after work.

48. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

i'd love to come help out by my damn 10am-11pm mon-sat...pwns me. Gl with everything and that's gonna be one MEAN wagon.

49. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I hope so.

It has been a long weekend and we are just now putting the the engine components back on. We keep breaking bolts, wrenches, and having to tap new threads but it is coming together.

Special thanks to Steven (Kingwrex), Ped, Mike (liquidforce), other Mike, (scoobyblkwrx), Jason, Jake, Face, Greg, Ross and Sean for the food. We are going into Day 3 tomorrow so if anyone wants to help drop it in tomorrow give me a call or Pm. We've gotten the hard part done, now time to plug it all in and pray she turns over!

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  50. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I'll be by today.....