Tallahassee LGT

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by srgdrum, Jun 21, 2008.

1. srgdrum

srgdrum New Member

Hello everyone! I know I'm a little far away and not in a rex but it's still a turbo'd subie! Glad to have found this board! Sub-a-Rules!

I'll answer the n()()b question list now for anyone that's interested.

Where do you live?

Tallahassee FL. just relocated for work from Cincinnati area.

What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?

Scott

What do you drive?

2006 Legacy GT BSM

How modded is your ride?

VF39, Walbro pump, FMIC, Cobb DP, MR UP, HKS BOV, AEM CAI, Cobb V1 AP, Siegel Protune, Cobb sways front and rear, MR coilovers, Kartboy endlinks...

Where do you usually by parts?

Who ever has it in stock!

Do you visit any other local boards?

Nope. Mostly legacygt.com and nasioc.com

Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?

Maybe a little bit of go!

Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?

The only Subies I don't wave at are base Foresters (like my wifes) and Tribecas. Many WRXers don't recogonize the Legacy.

Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?

TopSpeed/Scott Siegel

2. techlord

techlord Active Member

welcome to the community Scott! Sounds like a nice ride post up some pics when you get a chance.

3. srgdrum

srgdrum New Member

Thanks for the welcome. I guess I better wash it and get some pics. I really don't have any except install pics.

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

welcome to the boards dude!

what are you up to down in FL? Near FSU?

oh...and SS better be recommending us:unamused:

5. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I'd like to hear more about the results of your upgrades. Do you have the same username on legacygt? I lived in Tallahassee in the late 90's going to FSU, and moved here in the summer of 2000. I miss that place, had a lot of fun there. There was some great cycling around there too. Welcome to the boards, this is a great community.

6. srgdrum

srgdrum New Member

Man just working and being bored! Thanks for the welcome.

I live in the northest part of tally. Prolly about 10 miles from FSU I guess.

7. srgdrum

srgdrum New Member

I do have the saem board name on LGT.com There's a thread regarding the mods. I'm super pleased with SS work. It's a totally different car. I had loads of trouble with an etune from TDC. Scott got me 100 more whp out of a tune a used VF39 and a pump. Stock injectors even.

Kudus to Siegel!

Where did you bike down here? I have my cheapo Nishiki but I haven't ridden it since I've been here. It's raining today so ixnay on that.

8. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

What's up srgdrum...glad to see you made it on this board as well:) Did Scott give you any crap about your FMIC when you got tuned?

9. Nice to see another Legacy on the board!

10. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I use to mountain bike mostly. My favorite trails were on Park heading to Tom Brown, but I heard they bulldozed them and built houses on them. Tom Brown itself was good, I also use to BMX race there. I use to know a bunch of hidden trails all through the city leading to another park that was call Red Bug. I would ask around at some of the bike shops to get latest informatoin about the secret trails. I use to play pool at a bar called Halligen's on Capital Circle near the road that goes north into Thomasville GA.

Anyway, do you have a link for your Legacy project. I found one that you were asking whether a Legacy intake would work with VF39 and FMIC, but that was about it. If you could post it up or PM me I would appreciate it. I also have the same screen name on LGT.com.

11. srgdrum

srgdrum New Member

Oh hey bro! How's it going?

He did some minor belly aching. He's not a big fan of the X02 products I guess. I'm not either. My X02 exhaust is super rusty! He's got me talked into at least replacing the core. I have the ridiculously huge 12" overkill core. I had to hack my stock grill up make it fit and destroyed it. I'm hunting for a more efficient 9" core since that was scott's recommendation and I don't wanna chop up my new RBS grill! Still gotta get that painted. Torn between body color (Silver) or gloss black.

12. srgdrum

srgdrum New Member

I'll look into those parks. never heard of Red Bug. Seen quite a few red bugs though. There seems to be an abundance of insect life here compared to Northern Kentucky! I think that Tom Brown park is pet friendly. Meant to take my dog there this weekend but the rain stopped that sunday. Went to see Hulk instead. It was 'meh.' at best.

Anyway I didn't really have a mod thread going but here's a link to the stalling and then tune saga.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90139

The tune really took care of all these issues. Can't believe I put it off for so long!

13. srgdrum

srgdrum New Member

Yessir! Let me know if and when you guys have any weekend meets/install days. I'd like to meet you folks.

14. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

Check out Red Bug, Overstreet, etc. all near Forest Meadows. Forest Meadows is off of Meridian Rd. on the north side of Tallahassee. It's just past Maclay school. Those are pretty good biking/running trails.

15. srgdrum

srgdrum New Member

^ Thanks!

16. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Good read, thanks for the info! I've already talked to Scott about a tune when I get my DP and AP from Topspeed. Hopefully that will satisfy my for a little while. I'm still saving, but getting close. I'm glad you had such a good expereince with Scott. He is the man in Atlanta (probably the entire SE) when it comes to tuning Subies.

17. srgdrum

srgdrum New Member

Beware. Pretty sure stage 2 chewed up my rear diff. It's being replaced next week. If you start to hear a whirring noise get it checked straight away. Pinion gear. Luckily my new dealership is pretty cool. Replacement under drivetrain warranty.

I was stage 2 for about 25k miles of it's 40k total. I have been known to flog it regularly!

18. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

welcome to the community

when I visit FL I love stopping by Ichitucknee springs water there is 65 degrees all year long.