tmic or fmic???

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by subieblu07, Jul 7, 2008.

1. subieblu07

subieblu07 Member

im looking into getting a new ic but i cannot decide whether or not to go fmic or just get a tmic..the tmic would be alot easier no cutting or remounting things changing bov's but then again im wondering about intake temperatures..i want to get something that will be good for me in the long run so far as a get further into moding my car but then again if i go fmic i loose all hope or keeping my warranty..but then when i think about tmic i have been told by my dealership i would not have to be worried about warrany but then i think its still sitting right above my motor and it could not possibly be as effiecient as a fmic?...which would yall say would be the best so far as horsepower because i do plan on going to a larger turbo eventually and i just dont know which intercooler setup to go with??. and i would like to be versatile so far as low end power as well as top end kinda hard but i would like to try it..lol.any suggestions?

2. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

two options bigger turbo+TMIC+methanol

or

FMIC with bigger turbo

3. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Ehh if you want to keep a warranty...well, soon as you go with a big turbo it is pretty much gone, lol....that starts down the road to pretty extensive mods...injectors, fuel pump, bigger turbo, downpipe, etc. At that point the fmic is the least of your concerns.

4. WJM

WJM Banned

ebay TMIC.

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Go FMIC or go home.

6. subieblu07

subieblu07 Member

hahah i was thinking exactly what will was..lol..i have a ebay dp and love it and i saved about $250

7. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Small turbo = TMIC, big turbo = FMIC ;)

Siegel

8. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

9. WJM

WJM Banned

Smic.

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

side mount ftw.