F Sandy Springs

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sparta, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

:mad: So I got a ticket a month ago on my last delivery for Johnnys the night I quit. I wasn't speeding. I didn't run a red light. I didn't break any laws...except my damn tag light was out. FUCK. I swapped the bulbs out and they still don't work so its gotta be something electrical. Double FUCK. I go online to see how much it is and just pay it off cause my court date is Monday and I didn't think it would be that expensive. It fucking $185! For a stupid tag light! I've gotten speeding tickets that weren't that expensive. I hear Sandy Springs is writing citations for everything because they went over budget. The cop said they will probably reduce the ticket if I fix it. I don't want them to reduce shit, I am not going to pay for some bullshit period. So if you live in Sandy Springs or pass through regularly, becareful. This certainly isn't the first time they screwed me over on something. The first time they arrested me for picking up an abandoned Bicycle and fined me $500, the charge- Theft of lost or misplaced property.:confused:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I got pulled over for that by Gwinnett PD and he was kind enough to let me off with a warning...I got it fixed the next day...I never knew thought it would be THAT much!! Thanks for the heads up..I work in Sandy Springs/Dunwoody area

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Sorry to hear that man... yeah this area went all crazy with cops once Sandy Springs went incorporated. There is SO many cops concentrated in this tiny area its rediculous. Shit, if I needed a cop, I wouldn't call 911, I would just go to the QT right outside my apt. complex and find 3 of them. A fucking tag light? $185!!!! Thats complete BS.... That scares me because my girls car is a huge piece of shit, now I gotta go check all her lights/signals.... brb..

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Actually, thats not true. Sandy Springs has a huge surplus, and is trying to keep/grow the surplus...

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ Either way, thats no reason to start harrasing the citizins over some bullshit...

6. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Sorry to hear that dude.

7. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

sux bro!....subie tag lights ftl....had one replaced @ SOG..week later..if that it was out....ill remember to stay out s springs though!!

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yea, you can go to the QT for Cops or across the street to Johnnys. In fact an hour after I got the ticket I went to QT and the cop was chilling there inside. I wasn't bitter to him at all while he had me pulled over or in the Qt. We'll see how my attitude changes Monday after I go to court.

9. You should see their speeding tickets..... I was talking to a Sandy Springs officer who said a buddy of his wrote a guy for something crazy like 98 in a 55..... the guy tried to defend himself in court and the judge nailed him with a $1000 fine, plus court costs (which can be upwards of 30% the cost of the actual ticket, depending on where you are).....

10. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

:eek:hnoes:

11. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

That sux man, sorry it had to happen but thanks for the heads up.

12. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

So they dismissed it but charged me $75 for court fees. Pretty gay, I hate the legal system, it's all about money.

13. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

well atleast u got it dismissed..still sucks though....but also gota remember practically everything is all about money...its sad but true..

14. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

yea $75 is way better than $185.

15. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ Exactly what I was about to type.... I was telling work people about your ticket costing $185... everyones jaw's dropped...

16. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I think the ticket is so high and rediculous so that people fix the problem rather than just pay a small fine.

17. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I still think $75 dollars is crack smokingly high for a tag light... that should be a warning. I can even overlook the fact that the cops use it as a reason to pull you over, to look for bigger and better things... but once they find out your clean, it should be "I'll give you a warning, if I see it again your goin down"... or at the very least, it should be dismissed with no fine once you get it fixed. I mean common, who goes around and checks all there lights on a regular basis(ok you prolly should, but who does), especially a tag light... This topic really grinds my gears... again, I'm happy for you that it was only $75 instead of $175 but still...

18. Jake

Jake Active Member

I can almost assure you that if you had gone up to the courthouse asking them if they would drop the fine for getting it fixed BEFORE your court date then they would have. And then you wouldn't have had to pay court fees cuz you didn't go to court.

19. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

20. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

yea, should have tried it, even though I didnt find the problem until Saturday.

21. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ interesting... I'd bet most PD's could get busted for the same things...

22. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

That makes me furious. I'ld take that shit to the supreme court on excessive punishment.

23. Kris

Kris Member

Along with the fines going up and being outrageous, I know in Holly Springs they're now adding at least 12 dollars to your ticket for gas. A lot of other places are trying to adopt this as well. So, beware of that too.

24. www.peoplewhocare.com lol jk

That sucks man. When you're not doing anything wrong is usually when something bad happens. Sucks how things work out sometimes.

25. FACE

FACE Active Member

...goes to check tag lights...

26. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

and yet when i call 911, no one answers for several minutes. I guess they were all to busy writing tickets for tail lights