alternative to nopi .... nonopi.com

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by tplumsti, Jul 20, 2008.

1. tplumsti

tplumsti New Member

well heres an idea we are coming up with in the savannastreetracing.com forums. It is called NONOPI , you can goto nonopi.com and check it out. we are trying to get as many people together as possible to make it a big event, surely it will not start off as big as nopi but it would be sweet if we could get it that big. it is going to be the same date as nopi, sept 20. there will be a dyno, unfortunately it will only be a 2wd dyno but we are trying to get a show and possibly even a race/drift area. there is a guy on the forums that has a hotel he will possibly be offering good rates if we can get it together.lets try to get the ball rolling on it. it is going to be in the savannah area, if we can getit big enough we are considering renting hutchinson island to set up all the racing. anyone with interst please reply!!

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

there are some genius' on that forum I tell you.

3. soobaroo227

soobaroo227 Member

Be careful with using NOPI's name in that event.

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

5. tplumsti

tplumsti New Member

LOL, seen plenty of post regarding that. but they do not seem to care.

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Someone posted this on IA too. It seems Atlanta Motor Speedway is planning an event to replace NOPI that weekend.

7. schneid

schneid Member

ntpi? (number two parts inc.)

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

what?

9. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

until they start seeing someone make money off of it ;)

10. WJM

WJM Banned

NOPI stands for Number One Parts Inc.

Thus the new company to replace the SHITTY one.

11. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

just have a nice size meet, and call it a night....don't try to pull off something that might/will hurt you in the ass later.

12. WJM

WJM Banned

Ass.

Anti-Statistical-Stations.

13. wrx_kid

wrx_kid Member

14. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

ill sport a nonopi.com t-shirt. and i read that on savannah street racing, sounds like a decent idea if they get the o-k from everyone that is involved

15. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

hrm....
    not sure if the "renting Hutchinson island" part will work so well, all the roads on the island, including the old track, are owned by the county/city, and there is a neighborhood and golf course that are right off the old track. the old pit/parking area of the track is owned by the ports authority, and they have sealed off as much of their land as they can ever since those two honda's wrecked out there when trying to race one another out there.
    i would love to see more car shows down here, but i really don't want to attract the wrong type of crowd.
    has anyone over on the other site thought about hosting the show at roebling? if there is racing involved, that might be a better location.

16. tplumsti

tplumsti New Member

they are more then likely going to do it in the convention center parking lot. just show this time around with such short notice.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  17. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I remember the night when I was caught with the "in" crowd down in savannah. We left the Toys R Us off Abercorn and went to Hutchinson, cops blocked the area and wrote 200 warnings for Street Racing, lol.

Ben, ask Kevin, he remembers it. It was when he had his GS-R, before the Piss WRX. I had my Accord.

I highly doubt that the community will welcome that. The Auto-X was the only well organized event that place will ever have.

Roebling sounds good. I would drive down for that!

18. tplumsti

tplumsti New Member

auto.x is the same weekend as the show lol

19. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah, anything that has "racing" in the event, i can assure you will not fly with ANY County/State/Local Authorities/governments. especially since the pit area is owned by the ports authority. you would have to get clearance from homeland security to do anything there. and i doubt racing, or anything to do with cars for that matter will not be on the DHS's top picks for reasons to break down security.

20. schneid

schneid Member

all I have to say is THANK GOD people at AMS on that weekend dont have to listen to the raging asshats that Nopi gave microphones in the past. I seriously left the burnout competition because I couldnt listen to those retards anymore

21. flip

flip Member

If you need help on getting a drift demo or something of the sort going, shoot me a PM. As long as you are clear of any legal implications I'd be glad to help support the event. I have some pretty good resources. I will fill you in on details if interested.

22. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

23. flip

flip Member

24. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Ah, yea I knew about the AMS thing, didn't realize they were the same thing.

25. gfred024

gfred024 Member

Ive already cancelled my hotel reservations. If nothing is happening in savannah I am going to jacksonville for the weekend and sitting on the beach getting trashed.

26. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

haha--