A Chinese Olympic Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 07Ltd#767, Aug 18, 2008.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Okay, seriously?

Is anybody else watching this nonsense? I'm not one to point the finger, but c'mon, you've got to be kidding me. I've been watching the Olympics since I can remember (only born in '83, so not that long), but I can never remember a more controversial games than this. The women gymnasts from America should hold their head high, because this is complete nonsense.

1) That little Chinese girl is not 16...I doubt she's even 14. But hey, the Chinese government said she was 16, even though an article released last week stated she was 14. Hmm...:squint::squint::squint:

2) How is it that EVERY SINGLE break goes to the Chinese gymnasts? I mean, if it were Russia I would think of the ice sickle pick, but what do they do in China to judges that don't vote their way? :eek:hnoes:

3) Michael Phelps is the SHIT, own lives, sir, own lives :bowdown::bowdown:

*sigh*

btw, if anyone is offended by this, sorry...get a sense of humor, and open your eyes :eek3:

2. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

i think the gymnastics is a little iffy myself... i dont like their knew scoring method that a higher difficulty with a poor execution can win over a lower difficulty with an excellent execution... man i feel like i know too much about that..lol... i gotta stop watching

3. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

well the only reason you know that is because they spend 35 minutes talking about 1 minute of action. unless it's an endurance race of some kind,. commentary shouldn't last longer than the performance. that crap is annoying and old, especially for shitty sports noone cares about where the only discernible difference you can see on a high speed shot. I'm looking at you DIVING

4. undrgrndrdr15

lol...thats great... im more for the x games with the ralley cross but some of the things the athlete's can do is amazinng to watch, i could only wish i had half the strength of the weakest gymnast...lol

5. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

man i can do that stuff in my sleep!

...while dreaming

6. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

that Chinese girl got a 15.7 when she FELL

and this other white girl didnt fall had a nice run got a 15.0
    FUCK THAT.

ASS HOLES

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

alicia sacramone was the white girls name

8. undrgrndrdr15

yeah that is what i am talking about with the new scoring shit... i think its bull too...

9. THAT was crap..... that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread..... she came off the vault and landed on her HANDS AND KNEES and OVER THE LINE..... shoulda been two 0.8 point deductions, yet she still got that score and ended up with a damn medal.....

China has its share of damn good athletes, there's no denying that, but yeah there's some shady stuff going on behind the scenes.....

10. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I hope to god that somehow they are able to prove the girl is underage. Every other team looks age appropriate.

Now, I know that Asian features can make you look younger than you really are. I know that starting gymnastics at a young age, birth for most of the Chinese team will stunt your growth, but still, a couple of the female gymnasts look like they are well under the age of 16. I counted at least 4.

The Chinese divers look age appropriate. The Chinese swimmers look age appropriate. The Chinese Track team, the few I have seen at least, all look age appropriate. Why don't the gymnasts?

I personally prefer the Winter Olympics. It is much more exciting to watch people flying down a mountain, or better yet the ski jump. And of course the X-Games are the ultimate.

11. yeah, the problem with the olympics has always been the arbitrary judging. Its hard to cheat when the first person to cross the line or with the highest point score (volleyball and the like) wins. When it comes to judging its all hearsay about who likes who. beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so if a judge doesn't like the look of one contestant, they will be more harsh when assigning their opinion in the form of a score.

12. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Cheaters.......

13. 07Ltd#767

Yes!!!

Redemption...not only are Shawn Johnson and Nastia Luikin hot, but it's about damn time they got the call right. Go U.S....and btw, the Russian girl should have beaten the Chinese girl, but whatever...U.S.A -- U.S.A...ballin' :bowdown::bowdown:

14. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

Nastia is hot she is also Russian LOL and shawn is too young for ya. I admit judging isn't fair but neither is the commentry who whines everytime there is an unfavorable judging against us. Whoever is anchoring replays the Chinese mistakes numerous times which is also annoying since he dewells on the mistake for so long. Instead watching someone fall I perfer to watch lukin or phelps kick butt

I believe if you don't do what the governent want you get shot and your family gets billed for the rifle bullit

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  15. 07Ltd#767

16 is legal in Georgia :naughty::naughty::naughty:

16. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Bottom line the way I see it: China is pushing as hard as they possibly can to become a superpower, to show the world they can do it and in the process they don't give two sh!ts if they deplete their resources.

Actually I could write about China for days but what I'm trying to convey is that I think they will push in any way they can to get ahead right now.

17. I think that the age is more of a factor for the gymnasts because of size/weight/flexibility issues.Not as much of a factor in other sports.The Chinese are not going to be called out on this because we are afraid of making the host country-that we already have issues with- mad.

18. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

19. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

20. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

21. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

all this referencing with words like "underage.....gymnasts" just makes you think of some other stuff. whacked. haha

22. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I had to question the age before, as I mentioned in my previous post, but now I am really confused after watching the Olympics last night.

I though the age requirements were that the participant had to be 16 within the year of the Olympics. Last night, for the mens Diving competition, the British Diver was introduced as a 14 year old. The announcer said 14 year old XXX, the on screen display that gave a little details of the diver said he was 14, etc...

Confused???????

23. I thought the 16 year old age limit was just for gymnastics..... although if that's the case it's weird that it doesn't apply across the board.....