'00 BRP RS Sedan.

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by quazar, Aug 27, 2008.

1. quazar

quazar Member

Well.. where to start?

I've wanted a 2.5RS since they first came out back in.. hmm 1998 when I was a sophmore in college.

In late May, I took an overnight Greyhound (ride from hell) purchased my BRP Sedan from a guy on RS25.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was a good price, not perfect and needed a fair amount of work.

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

nice!

Looks like the old skool RSes are taking over the site lately!

viva la GM/GC chassis!

You don't know that car's history by chance, do you?

3. FACE

FACE Active Member

Nice ride man very clean!

4. quazar

quazar Member

The drive home was either 180 miles via Interstate.. or an unknown distance via mountains.. I took the mountains.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Visiting where I spent the summers of my youth: Brevard Music Center (my car by the lake we swam in every day)
    [​IMG]

300+ miles later (50 of it on interstate).. I was home.

The car now needed tires, brakes, and the check engine light was on.

It was a great drive.

5. quazar

quazar Member

This is where I started spending my money..
    I spent A LOT of time and money on repairs and general maintenance. If anything needed to replaced, I tried to replace them with something aftermarket or mod.
    The car had a crazy intake CUT into the passenger side front bumper and the front end was completely chipped to hell.
    The passenger side fender was crushed in and the corner light was broken. The underhood had yellow silicon hoses everywhere.

I sent the car to my friend's paint shop for a front end respray with a new fender and brand new OEM front bumper. Along with getting some extra parts painted such as foglight covers, eyelids, front spoiler, 22brep rear spoiler, rear spats, rocker panels.

This is how she sat after paint, exhaust, buddy club suspension, and new interior bits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is how she sat at the beginning of August after getting some wheels refinished and having Kieran put some new tires on and Jeff doing my alignment:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More recently, thanks to ATL_STI's constant nagging..
    I wanted something for the ladies to rub on... so I did this..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

.. for the ladies.

Then.. in the middle of August.. the roomate and I took our cars for a spin.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  6. Matt

:confused:

why are you saving all these posts?

7. quazar

quazar Member

I don't know much about the history of the car. It was relatively straight and needed some mechanical TLC. The car itself was a good price for a non-rusty RS (no bubbling of paint).. however lately I have been seeing a few go for cheaper.

ATL_STI's car was a better bargain than mine.

Ohh.. Saving them so I can post in there later. It's a bad habit from RS25? Sorry! Delete them if need be.

8. Matt

nice man!

the car looks awesome. you did a LOT of work in a short amount of time. :)

9. quazar

quazar Member

Thanks.. it was pretty much wrenching on it every night. It also spent about 2 weeks in the bodyshop while the front end was getting painted.

During that time.. I was also helping ATL_STI wrench on his 2.5RS every weekend as well.

I'm pretty happy with the car and it just needs a few more small things here and there.
    4 pot brakes, Rota G-force (maybe), some more random trinkets..

No more power-adders though.. no point when you want to put a new heart in it.

10. atl_sti

atl_sti Member

I got jealous when he got one.. so I had to find one for myself.

11. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

fixed

12. quazar

quazar Member

Took a few pics during lunch today... one rear view mirror bc the bodyshop still has it...
    (might go with no mirrors.. i like how clean it looks without)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

very clean... its come a long way...

14. Cory

Cory Member

Dude your GC6 is so sick! Most definatly viva la GC!

15. Cory

Cory Member

Just wondering what you did with your old stock bumper?

16. quazar

quazar Member

It's actually at the bodyshop getting the hole from the hacked intake mod filled along with the other side to make it look symmetrical.

17. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

"No more power-adders though.. no point when you want to put a new heart in it."

Based on how nice you've got the skin looken' I can't wait to see what heart you choose!:bowdown:

18. Cory

Cory Member

are you planning on selling the skin later on?

19. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

you'll miss those mirrors.

20. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

It's actually a GC8.
    After looking at these pictures I decided to paint by bumper vents black.
    Your windows are scratched as bad a mine. ):

21. quazar

quazar Member

The driver side window is smeared actually. :)

22. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

I meant the scratches on your drivers side window from your window tracks

23. Matt

it's not a GC8....yet. ;)

24. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Aww man you're right... For now.:naughty:

25. renegade

renegade Member

Hey what Front Lip/spoiler is that I like it. I have a MY99 RBP looking for a good looking front lip for a new bumper I need to get eventually. I wish I had that kind of money to get all those parts you've put into yours. I need a new suspension and overhaul on my RS.

26. quazar

quazar Member

It's strange.. when I look at the window I don't really see those scratches. The car was actually just washed when I took the pics. I'll take a closer look.

The front bumper lip is a Ver5/6 replica lip off ebay. It was way less expensive than the real thing and I won't get upset if it gets trashed. :) Dang.. now you know my secret!

Yeah.. I've put so much freakin money into this car so quickly.. I probably could have had a stock 2.5RS with a running and driving USDM WRX swap instead of what it is now..

27. renegade

renegade Member

It looks good though. I'd rather have a nicer looking car first before I do a motor swap. Plus the EJ251 motor will run forever and strong if the maintenance is kept up mine is sitting on 149,350 right now and is still running strong.

28. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Ohh well sorry for telling you. Most all 2.5rs's have them. I will say your car looks amazing though and I want to do everything you did visually.

29. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Yea mine has 151000 miles and runs good.

30. renegade

renegade Member

Same here I want all that stuff on my car, along with suspension upgrades.

Oh yeah how'd you get the Blue door cards? is that a DIY thing somewhere?

31. Matt

where are you located Renegade? You driving around MY car?!

:p

32. renegade

renegade Member

ha ha ha yeah I'm down in Columbus, GA until the end of the month I'm trying to make it to the mountain run for one last subie meet out on the east coast before I move to Colorado.

What all do you have done to your GC? I'm poor and all stock minus the Cat back and mud flaps and STi Ti shift knob.

33. Matt

http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14041

:D

34. quazar

quazar Member

Thanks for the comments again..
    As far as the door cards.. I did that on my own..DIY from RS25. I only did it after ATL_STI did his and he kept nagging me to do mine.

I might be 'out of the loop'.. how about a 2.5RS meet up?

35. renegade

renegade Member

Well I think I will be shipping my car to Colorado on the 25th or 26th so the last little meet up for my car would be Saturday (I setup a Columbus Subie meet) and Sunday (the mountain run meet/cruise) I need a new suspension like bad almost 150,000 and almost 10 years on stock shocks and springs doesn't feel to good on bumps.

36. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Lets do it.

37. Matt

38. renegade

renegade Member

I don't live close enough for those and being as my last 2 meets with my 99 RS will be the one I setup at BWW on the 20th in Columbus. Then I might make it out there for the Mountain Run meet on the 21rst. Still need to figure out what I'm doing I need an oil change and maint so that I don't kill my car.

39. quazar

quazar Member

i'm going to try to make the Sept 23rd one.. didn't drive the RS today. :p

40. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Yeah I didn't hear you rumble by at around 11ish as usual! HA

41. adidasboy1186

adidasboy1186 Member

wow im jealous and i have an 06. lol is that still that factory paint??? if so that shiot is amazing!!

42. renegade

renegade Member

GC can look sweet man. If you want to stay subaru and like I keep saying an RSTi would be your ticket for the same STi power you want and cheaper insurance.

BTW I forgot to ask what wheels those were I want a set of those wheels myself.

43. quazar

quazar Member

Adidas: The front end has been repainted due to chips and such... the rest of the paint is in 'decent' shape.

WRXCoupe: I switch between my cars depending on which one is easiest to get out in the morning (not blocked in by my other cars).

Renegade: they are the 1st generation Rota Tarmacs.

Thanks again everyone.

44. Scotty B

Scotty B Member

quazar,

once again good to meet you the other week...car looks killer. you have good taste in old school cars my friend!

do you know what version seats those are? i would love to get a hand on some nice, older JDM seats since my car doesn't have side airbags and the stock seats are subpar. yours look really comfy.

45. quazar

quazar Member

Hey Scotty.. the seats are out of a STI Ver. 2 for the GC/GF body style Imprezas. They are REALLY supportive.

I like your car too.. super clean.

46. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

Your the guy that a met a quicktrip a while back. Nice car!

47. quazar

quazar Member

Sorry for the hiatus.. not much new to post here. I don't drive the RS very much anymore and it just sits in the warehouse with my other cars that I don't drive much.

Recent cars that have added to my fleet are 1986 Corolla GT-S, 1981 VW Pickup, 07 Outback LLbean 3.0R (wife), and 04 M3 6MT.

Here's a quick pick of a few of the cars sleeping.. The RS is under the car cover.

Attached Files:

48. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Sweet RS quazar! It's too bad most of the photos are unavailable.

49. quazar

quazar Member

Sorry.. I had accidentally deleted most of my pictures on my Flickr account a couple years ago by accident.

Here's a more recent image of my 2.5RS.

[​IMG]

50. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Nice! That's pretty much how I'd have my RS.
    Arguably the best body styles for the Impreza ever.