Pray for me!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sparta, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Today I face the judges that determine if I graduate this month or not from the Art institute. Unfortunately I bit the bullet and volunteered to go first, which may be a good thing since I'll be pretty much setting the standard (hopefully :sx:) So far I've been up all night finalizing my portfolio which sucks because I am running into a ton of little things that I forgot to fix way back when and I'm having to track down files.

I go in at 12:30, hopefully I can get to a good stopping point soon so I can wake up before hand and run to get my stuff printed and tinker with my website some more!

2. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Best of luck man!

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Good luck dude.

4. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Good luck bro. You got this. Shoot me a text and let me know how it went.

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

Good luck Bro! Knock their socks off and make the others scared to follow.

6. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Pulling for you!

7. Tray@topspeed

Tray@topspeed Member

Good luck man!

8. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

good luck broski

9. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

dude youll be fine! +1 on the text let me know how it goes

WRBATL bish! lol

10. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

good luck man!

11. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Good luck bro!

12. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

13. FACE

FACE Active Member

You can do it all night!!!

WRBATL Power baby you got this!!!

14. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

best of luck to ya! update us asap!!!

15. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

whatever happened tp that movie you was makin??

i never got the full version. and 1/2 the stuff we shot wasnt in it. ??

16. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Good Luck!!!

17. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Knock 'em Dead man! Let us know how it goes!

18. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

linky to website??? lets see what you've got!

19. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

and the verdict is...

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah what happened?

21. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I just got out of the meeting :wtc: I won't know the final verdict until Wednesday after everyone presents.

It went well... for the most part . They weren't as vicious as past students have made them out to be but damn am I stressed out.

Last night after I burnt a test copy of my dvd and realized what changes needed to be made my DVD Studio Pro file went hay-wire and wouldn't open. I fell asleep with it on the loading screen and alas it was still in the same percent when I woke up :squint:. Also my Iweb failed to open so I couldn't upload my site. And then when I went to test the dvd in my dvd player it read error, it only played on my laptop! In the tight predicament I was in I went to the school to try and finish on the school computer's but continued to run into the same problems.

Thinking I was royally screwed I pulled myself together in time for the meeting and explained my issues. Luckily they allowed me to present off of my laptop.

I am kind of worried now because a few of my pieces appeared pixelatted which proved to be a major problem to them.

Thank you all for your support, this community never ceases to amaze me, I will let you all know Wednesday but as for right now I feel I will be working on my stuff all week JIC they think I won't be ready in time I can say its already fixed:coold:

22. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

its not up yet unfortunately

I crashed on my friends couch last night and wasn't able to charge my phone so it is dead. I'll send texts out when I get home and get some juice in it.

23. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Don't stress dude, I sense a positive outcome!

Good luck!

24. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

What is your major? I worked for the Art Institutes for 8 year and now work at a sister school of theirs. I have friends who still work there, maybe I can help?

25. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Im the Digital Media Production major. I'm good with all of the professors, its just a matter of me being able to fix the resolution errors before they give me a 'No.' The problem with that is the projects that are in question are lost and the only copy I have of them is the bad one :eek:hnoes:

26. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Good Luck....Be confident and positive..you have it under control.

Mark

27. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Good luck and stay positive !!!:)

28. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

thanks, burning test dvds now, hopefully I find a format that works!

29. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Good luck man! btw, those are some sexy wheels! ;P

30. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Ahh I remember those days....:eek:hnoes: I hope everything works out man!!:sx:

31. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Well guys...

I DID IT!!!
    We set up tomorrow night for portfolio show Friday, which is my exit to the Art Institute! It has been a long 3 years and finally I can say I am free from school! Now I get to step out into the real world, too bad the Economy sucks and there's no jobs out there lol.
    This week has been such a relief, even though I am still running back and forth preparing for the show.

Alex helped me with my website so check it out. Its very very simple and still has some bugs (I noticed everything only fits together in the Firefox browser) I didn't need something extraordinary though since I'm going to push Fastlife forward.

Check it out
    www.danapalmer.biz

Let me know what you think of my vids! (Some of you have a cameo in one of the videos.)

32. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Congrats man! I was wondering what was going on wit chu...

33. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

KingWrex is famous!

34. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Awesome...Congrats!

Love the turbo camera.

35. MitZu_EVO

MitZu_EVO Member

good luck

36. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member