UFC 88: Breakthrough GTG Saturday Sep 6th 7PM

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by jeb, Sep 3, 2008.

1. jeb

jeb Member

2. techlord

techlord Active Member

wait A pie closed didn't they?

3. jeb

jeb Member

I think you might be right, Hooters usually buys them or we could kick it up a notch and watch it at the Cheetah. I know they have all the fights there.

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

They reopened under new management. No clue if they will have the fight or not...

5. jeb

jeb Member

Just called them, its called Cocktail cove now and they will not have the fight. If we get a few people that are interested I'll find a bar in Atlanta that will have it. I'm sure theres at least a couple

6. shaolin

shaolin Member

Good luck on the G2G. I tried to do a UFC G2G a few months ago and didn't get a single response (back when Frankies was still around). Hope you guys find a place and enjoy it half as much as I am going to.

7. jeb

jeb Member

Bump, Anyone interested
    Sonicboom what Hooters around here has the fight?

8. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

mwehh, i only like few of those fights. And no brok in this one? LAME!

9. jeb

jeb Member

So who watched the fight. Liddell vs. Evans lived up to the hype. I thought the Franklin vs. Hamill fight was pretty good too. I couldn't believe they let Franklin keep going with how bad his cut was.

10. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I watched the fight I thought the whole thing was good. The Liddell vs. Evans fight was great I was glade to see Evans win. As far as the cut I was wating on them to stop the fight but i am glade they didn't.

11. shaolin

shaolin Member

The Liddel Evans fight was awesome. I think I was one of maybe three people in the entire arena pulling for Evans. The whole place went silent when Liddel hit the mat. All you could hear was me and maybe three other people screaming. I never thought that fight would live up to the hype, but it did.

Props to UFC for not stopping the Hammill Franklin fight

12. adidasboy1186

adidasboy1186 Member

liddell got knocked the f*ck out!

13. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ You beat me to it.. I was gonna say that.. :) I watched it at the Hooters in Kennesaw (same parking lot as Cowboys... Can I get a "woo doggy!!!" ?), never seen so many pick up trucks in one location... Good times though, didn't see that knockout coming... He's lucky he didn't get hit with the left on his way down. A few people were talking about how he was hosting an after party somewhere after the fight.. I was like "don't like he's gonna make it to that one... "...

14. schneid

schneid Member

ha my buddy said the same thing when we were watching it

15. jason

jason Member

I hosted the fight and party afterwords.
    Sorry I didn't post it on this site.
    Keeganxt, kingrex, oneeye, Jake(bga3..), silver bugeye dude that works at sok(sorry ? Name), along with some others were all there.

Next one ill post up.

16. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

^^^ Good times!

17. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Nov-15 Couture VS Lesnar

18. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Yeah great fight!!! The whole arena was boo-ing Evans and he totally dropped Liddel