Motorsports Mania

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by perduevision, Aug 11, 2008.

1. perduevision

perduevision Member

Sugar Hill Fall Festival - Motorsports Mania Car and Bike Show
    OCTOBER 25, 2008 - 11AM-5PM

I am assisting in the event planning of The City of Sugar Hills Motorsports Mania event. I know many of you have a Subaru but some may have bikes and/or antiques and may even know some good clubs to push this event too.

The city is looking for the WRXatlanta community to make a solid turnout in competition with the S2katlanta club. There will be competitions based on loudest car, most performance, loudest system, cleanest ride amongst many other fields. I was trying to push for a donut contest but that would require them to re-turf the soccer field, lol.

We are in the process of sealing vendors who are interested in barteing booth space for judging or promoting their motorsports oritented business. So if you sell performance parts, accessories, detail, window tinting, car audio or anything auto/bike orientated, be sure to contact John St. James for sponsorship opportunities at 770-356-1738.

I hope to see the WRX community break this show off.

The fall festival will include live music, 80+ vendors, a chili cook-off and much more. The application is on the reverse side of the flyer. Simply click on the below flyers to download the full PDF version.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. schneid

schneid Member

might help to mention that this is at EE Robinson Park off Level Creek Rd

3. FACE

FACE Active Member

Sounds like a great time! I'll see if I can make it!

4. welery

welery Member

First i've heard of this, but we're down. I'll get a thread up on our forum. PM more details if any are available. Will we have a class for imports or anything? I don't think anyone on either of our forums fits into those categories

5. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

man i thought the donut contest was a donut eating contest between clubs! I got excited thinking we could kick some ass!!@!@# But alas....it isn't so. :(

6. perduevision

perduevision Member

For anyone interested in becoming a sponsor, here is a letter from John St. James.

Dear Prospective City Partner,
    My name is John St. James and I’m representing the City of Sugar Hill. The reason for this letter is to invite you to become a part of our team for this year’s 2008 Sugar Hill Fall Festival & Motorsport Mania Car/Bike Show. This is a great opportunity to promote and sell your product or service while gaining new exposure in one of the fastest growing areas of North Georgia (Sugar Hill, Suwanee, and Buford). The City is again holding its premiere event on Saturday, October 25th at E. E. Robinson Park in Sugar Hill. As part of our overall Fall Fest, we are again holding our annual Motor Sport Mania Car and Motorcycle Show.
    We have existing corporate sponsorships ranging from PPG, Inc, Toyota Mall of Georgia, and Verizon Wireless to name a few. As is the case each year, we are always looking for new motorsport businesses to partner with.
    Because we feel that our Fall Fest and Motor Sport Mania Show would be of interest to your clientele and your target market, we would like to invite you to become involved by investing in a sponsorship for as little as $500. Please note that the City is willing to work out a full or partial barter relationship for a few select businesses that qualify.
    We expect as many as 10,000 people at this year’s event. Please note that our event attracts these types of number each year. We also have spots available for certain type of automotive and motorcycle businesses in our vendor area. These spots range from as low as $50 depending on the size and location.
    If you have an interest, please call me at (770) 356-1738 or email me at Budolama@sprynet.com ASAP as spots are going fast.
    I look forward to hearing back from you.
    Sincerely,
    John St. James
    2008 Motorsport Mania Car/Bike Show
    & Sugar Hill Fall Fest

7. perduevision

perduevision Member

By the way, if we want to form a group, I can see about getting a discount. I do know if you pre-register it is only $15. At the gate the price is $20 for registration.

8. Greg

Greg Active Member

wow.... I live within walking distance of EE Robinson Park.

9. perduevision

perduevision Member

10. perduevision

perduevision Member

October 25, 2008 - 11am-5pm

I wanted to repost this thread since it has now dropped down the list and is coming up soon this month. I am going to participate and wanted to know who is coming with me? If we can get a group, I can most likely get us a discount.

http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21067

11. E.E. Robinson isn't that big, are they really expecting 10,000 people? I used to live in the apartments down the street, I don't recall seeing or hearing about anything like this in the past, but it looks like a cool event..... a traffic nightmare, but a cool event nonetheless..... ;)

12. perduevision

perduevision Member

O yea, they have gotten huge over the last couple years. Thats only because they have the right people handling their marketing and coordination. Budweiser and Hooters girls would be there if the city was not so clamped on family values. Either way its going to be a good turnout and should be a great time.

Here is a link to the event details.
    http://cityofsugarhill.com/content/62/119/2438/4482/default.aspx

Here is the link to the car show
    http://cityofsugarhill.com/content/62/119/2438/4482/5732.aspx

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  13. perduevision

perduevision Member

14. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Merged all 3 of your threads on the same topic together.