Saturday October 25 - Car Show!

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by perduevision, Oct 16, 2008.

1. perduevision

perduevision Member

So I have been working now for 3 years with the city of sugar hill on their fall festival and motorsports mania event. They are growing fast and already expect a great turnout of about 10,000. Well its that time of year again and I have assured the city my full suport in getting Import car involvement (most importantly WRXAtlanta.com). The car show will have trophies that I know many of you can bring home just by showing up. Check out this link for details on the motorsports mania aspect of te event.

http://cityofsugarhill.com/content/62/119/2438/4482/5732.aspx

Here is the flyer and entry form. You need to print this out and get it in quick as time is running short.

http://cityofsugarhill.com/filestorage/62/119/2438/4482/mmracingpackage.pdf

Sugar Hill is about 35 minutes north of Atlanta. Here is a map.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=850+Level+Creek+Road+sugar+hill,+ga+30518&sll=34.106522,-84.034359&sspn=0.01162,0.019226&ie=UTF8&ll=34.103792,-84.037471&spn=0.01162,0.019226&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

John St. James is the event coordinator for the city and I met with him yesterday. He asked me what the response was by the WRXatlanta.com club and I said I want really sure. John told me the club to have the largest turnout automatically gets a trophy and he really wants to get the respect of the import crowd. He looking for other sponsors and vendors who are willing to barter booth space for involvement in the car show. We have 2 audio judges and need other contenders (paint, performance and more).

It is really a great opportunity to get involved with a growing city should you have a product or service that people in a car show such as this could use. I will be on site shooting photography so in the least you can enjoy the festivities and walk away with some hot shots of your phat rides.

If interested in getting involved as a judge, I am sure there can be some bartering well worth the buck saved. Contact John St. James at budolama@sprynet.com or 770-356-1738. I hope to see many of you come out. If you have a famous chili recipe, you might consider taking on the chili cook-off. May be a bit much compounded with car show.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  2. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

little too early in the AM for me to get over there registered but I may come through and show my support later in the afternoon. Best of luck w/ the turn out

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

bump this is for tomorrow

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

haha didnt see the other threads for this. I think this event failed to hold our attention

5. perduevision

perduevision Member

Looks like we are going to have some Impreza turnouts after all. Hope you guys can make it. You do not need to show up early to participate. I am going in around noon.

6. perduevision

perduevision Member