Header and Up-Pipe

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by §treet_§peed, Nov 16, 2008.

1. §treet_§peed

§treet_§peed New Member

i was wondering, what you guys would recomend for a good UEL header and uppipe. i have found a Megan UEL header with uppipe. is that ok? what would u guys suggest? i am asking because i plan on getting a HKS Carbon-Ti exhaust, Invidia V2 DP, Cobb acessport V2, a APS CAI, and a tune from BG. i plan on running catless because there are no emissions in Hall County..:D any tips or advice?

2. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

forget the header

3. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

I wouldn't bother with a header...

Siegel

4. §treet_§peed

§treet_§peed New Member

thank you so what about a up pipe then? maybe later on just do a port and polish with a coating?

5. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

do the uppipe to get rid of the cat.

6. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

You definitely want to do an UP. We really like the TurboXS flex UP for $199 from us.

Siegel

7. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

The up pipe is a relatively simple piece of pipe. Most of the cheaper ones fit well and are a great way to save money. I got my up pipe from Hop Up Racing for $100. Roll you savings into something else for your car. One important think to look for is pipe diameter. For a stock sized turbo you will want to mantain stock diameter. For a big turbo you can get something slightly bigger.
    If you really want to do a header you should look at Grimm Speed. They port and polish stock headers and they are available with ceramic coating. You retain stock diameter while smoothing out all the steps where the castings don't quite match. With the coating and the cast metal you will retain a lot more heat than switching to an aftermarket header. I have heard nothing but great reviews. Here is the link:
    www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=99

Eventually I would like to get the p+p headers with the ceramic coating and get my up pipe coated as well.

8. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

I have the Turboxs UP and it has been great as far as I can tell. I have heard it necks down to 1.52" in the flex section, but on a stock turbo it should not matter much. I can say it has never leaked or had any issues though!

9. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Have you found a car yet?

10. §treet_§peed

§treet_§peed New Member

thanks again guys i appreciate it. well i know of three that i would love to get right now but unfortunately i can't because of my license situation i can't but i am trying to learn now so i know what to do when the time comes. i mean i have the money for a good down payment along with a great credit score and a co-signer if needed and a insurance policy that i will be putting the car on so i can afford it. but i can't get it right yet because of my license being suspended lol