Sand Blast Rally 2009 Feburary 7th

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by b reel, Dec 25, 2008.

1. b reel

b reel Active Member

Anybody going? It would be nice to see a pace line of GA plates heading east for this event. Thinking of going to volunteer for the event.

2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I usually try to make it up for this.
    It's a great event!!

Let's see if we can get more people from ATL headed up for it.

3. Oz10

Oz10 Member

This sounds pretty cool. I'd like to go, I guess it depends on whats going on at school though.

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

Well the schedule posted for now, volunteer meeting starts at 6:00pm Friday Feb 6th, on the course at 7:00am Sat, race, prize & awards, then party at 10:00pm
    sandblastrally.com for the volunteer signup

5. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

If school & work do me right, I'd be down to go.

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

That makes 4, let's try to get a good group of GA tags for this. If you check out the their website and volunteer, you might be eligible for gas and room money reimbursement for broke college kids. As for me I'll be slumming it in the tent.

7. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I may be in. You think they'll let me bring my new video camera?

8. b reel

b reel Active Member

Ah, the shortblock mod chimes in, we may have to disguise the video camera as a Motorola Star Tac to fool them if it raises any concerns. Hope you go so I can pick your brain on your shortblock swap.

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Lol ok. I always wanted to go, hopefully I can free up my schedule in Febr for it

10. b reel

b reel Active Member

Think it should make for a good road trip.

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I went last year with ClemsonScooby(I think that is the right s/n) and had a blast!

May try to make it again this year.

12. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

that's my b-day. maybe i'll talk the wifey into it. she wants to start auto-xing this year. which is way cool. that means i can spend some cash on new tires :)-
    gotsol will be happy for me. i'm still rocking his tires from 5 seasons ago.

13. tigris

tigris Member

I'll be heading up from Savannah. I've been a couple times now, and it's always a great event, can't wait :wiggle:

14. Legacy

Legacy New Member

15. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

i will be in as long as time and money are on tap for me

16. dukerallygirl

dukerallygirl New Member

tenting at H. Cooper Black Recreation Area

Call the H. Cooper Black Recreation Area or the Sandhills State Forest. The rally rents the forest on Saturday so your camping should be free that night! :wiggle:

17. dukerallygirl

dukerallygirl New Member

Let me introduce myself... I'm Amy Feistel, rally manager for Sandblast Rally in SC.

I'm so excited that you are all coming down to volunteer! Anyone have a HAM license? If so, bring your equipment!

We need lots of volunteers so round up some friends and make a fun weekend of it! It will be fun and the awards party will be very cool this year! Plus, all volunteers get free lunch, dinner, and a t-shirt.

Check out the web site to see if you qualify for gas/lodging reimbursement!
    http://sandblastrally.com/2009/volunteer-whats-new.php

18. dukerallygirl

dukerallygirl New Member

Videos?!

Yes! Bring your camera and have fun with it! We'll put you on stage as a marshal and you can film all you want while you're there!

19. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Cool, now all I need is time off from work

20. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Okay....sooo...this looks like a friggin' blast!

21. b reel

b reel Active Member

Thanks for responding to the thread Amy, I hope that this will lead to a greater response from the members of this site and have a large group of GA tags for the rally as well as helping out with the event.

22. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

I think that I am gong to have to try to make this event also, it sounds like fun.

23. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

dont get stuck in the sand again PeD :)

24. pEd

haha.... no joke.

This time I'm bringing a shovel :)

25. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

thats good thinking. Maybe a latern and sleeping bag in case you have to camp out there :) hell you have that power invertor so bring some lamps to and an easy chair

26. b reel

b reel Active Member

Guess we need to start working on a game plan for this event.
    I plan on being a volunteer for this, anybody wish to join me?

27. pEd

I've talked with several people regarding this. They've shown some interest, but I'm not sure how much.

As of right now, I'd like to plan on volunteering. I'm also planning on getting a hotel, 'cause camping in that cold ass weather is not fun.

28. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

how long of a drive is it? google/mapquest say about 4.5 hr. does that sound right? is a day trip possible? if we leave before sun-up, we should be ok to see most of it. looks like it stars at about 8:30 am and goes until about 5:30, sun-down.
    do we need bikes to get around or can you access the track areas like at, say, Road ATL?

29. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I still have the rv. If I can earn some free time maybe I can make it this year and camping wouldn't be so bad.

30. pEd

Mike, That would be awesome. Gas would suck though. You let me know. I'd much rather pay for gas in an RV than pay for gas for a car and the hotel room.

A day trip, I'm not sure of. If you volunteer (which they need lots of), then probably not a day trip.
    I think it'd be a long haul up there and back in a day. This thing runs all day IIRC--sun up to sun down.
    I'm not sure of course access as I've only been once and was stationed on the course itself (which I proceeded to get stuck on/in).

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I don't want to ride the course unless you aren't lowered a lot and aren't scared to literally blast through it. Take it easy and you will get stuck....period.

Mike if you bring the RV and you will let me camp with ya (I will sleep on the floor for all I care) I will foot in some monies for the gas.

32. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Bump. Who's all in?

33. b reel

b reel Active Member

Hoping my tires make it here before the race but still plan to attend

34. pEd

It doesn't look like I'll be making it :(

Install day at my place instead :)