New Years

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by tigris, Dec 31, 2008.

1. tigris

tigris Member

Hey guys, just curious what sort of places are fun around here for New Years. Any particular places likely to have good bands tonight?

And happy new year everyone!

2. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

City Market is always fun for New Years. There are several bars around that are bound to have something going on. I have heard that Train Wreck is playing at 51 Degrees (right next to the Velvet Elvis on Congress), they are a pretty good band. There will probably be a band playing at Savannah Blues (right across from Wild Wings in the middle of City Market) and I am sure that Wild Wings will have a band outside early in the evening and one upstairs inside later on as usual.

If you don't want to go to City Market, I am sure that River Street will be crazy also.

3. tigris

tigris Member

Thanks. Those were my original ideas :) but I don't get out very often, so I never know if I'm missing something new and exciting. Happy New Year!

4. totsubo

totsubo Member

Happy New Years!

Stay home. It is safer...

I just heard a couple of bullets hit the top of my house.

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

happy new year, Erin!!

6. tigris

tigris Member

Happy new year Matt!

Oh and you Savannah guys should check out the Sand Blast Thread. It's a real rally that's only about 3-3.5 hours away from Savannah! It's a great event, and volunteers are always appreciated.

website http://www.sandblastrally.com/2009/