2009 legacy concept

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ohmypearls, Jan 12, 2009.

1. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

2. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Ooops I just got some vommit on my shoes! Ugh that thing is ugly.

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

You know I actually kinda like it. It's got a couple of Infiniti/Nissan styling cues but is solidly subaru, the next evolution of the airplane theme from a few years back. The one thing I dont like is that the rear looks a little too camry-like.

Its got that pissed off look that drove me to subaru in the first place. The side mirrors are wierd, they look more like cameras so maybe there's a HUD setup to see your sides.

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i REALLY like it.

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

looks like a chevy Malibu

7. pankopp

pankopp Member

the center mirror is pretty trick along with the electronic parking brake, i would look into it when its got the diesel...

There is a huge thread over on Nastycock with tons of pics and "specs"

8. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

I totally got the nissan/infiniti feel of it... but I personally think it looks hott. anyone seen the new pics of what would be the 2010 sti coupe? I found one... it looks SEXY

9. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Um, Barf.

I'm finally starting to cozy up to the Focus-y look of the new WRX/STI (while the base Impreza is still dopey), but I don't know that I can get behind this Legacy.

10. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Ultra pasturized and homogonized They combined a Camry/Maxima with a Dodge Caliber!

11. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I don't care fo any of the nissan/infinity styling so it pains me to see Subaru copy it so blatantly.

12. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Ehhh, if I wanted an Altima or Maxima I would buy one. If I want a Subaru I want a Subaru, not a Nissan look alike. The interior is pretty cool. But externals just....not good.

13. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

good thing its a 'concept'... man you subaru people are biast as hell... i understand. but like i said its a CONCEPT.

14. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

It looks more like the new TL than anything

15. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Subaru's niche has been innovation and unique design! Now they seem to be following trends instead of creating them, dangerous waters in this days market! Why would they follow companies who actually did worse than they did this fiscal year? As the Brits say:
    "Rather silly"!

Can they even market "rally inspired" anymore!?..........

16. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

its like a Nissan had sex with a Toyota meanwhile the toyota was doing a Chevy on the side...and this is what popped out

I don't really like it

17. jayj713

jayj713 Member

I cant help but see camry

18. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Pardon me while I puke in my hat.

I just don't like it. :(

19. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Is it an Audi? Is it a Ford?
    A Saturn?

It has potential, but it seems like it doesn't know which way it wants to go.

20. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

no, they got out of the WRC, remember?

21. Shewb

Shewb Member

We had a thread not too long ago talking about Toyota buying into Subaru.

Well, here's the result.....

Will the Impreza be next? It's already on its way out, if you ask me. The 08' is arguably a step backwards and since they've pulled out of WRC....

The glory days may be behind us.

22. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

What, the 09 WRX is, by all available information the best all-around Impreza ever! Its got the potential to be an all out performance car with just a few mods, while being civilized enough to appeal to the sport touring crowd and its been reflected in the fact that Subaru seems to be one of just a few companies to increase sales from last year. This Legacy looks great imho! A gt version would be hot, I am certain. Toyota doesn't have a controlling interest in Subaru. To see how this can benefit a company, look at Ford and Mazda. While Ford had a large stake in Mazda it was never a controlling interest and mazda was able to pump out product that were fun and people wanted, while benefiting from the economy of scale that Ford was able to offer. I think Subaru will benefit far more from its interaction with Toyota than anything....

23. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Interior is very interesting. I won't comment on the exterior because it is a concept. Are Subaru owners biased? Probably, but I'm not buying any stickers with Calvin pissing on some other manufacturer.

24. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

That's true the 09 is superior, I just wish they would address the 5sp drive train. That's the only thing keeping it from being a "few mod all out performance car".