Need a good subaru repair shop for headgasket or used engine install

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by speed_ga, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I also need a decent shop light if somebody has one they can bring.

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

I'll bring a little flourescent shop light and one of those super hot (can grill on) yellow adjustable lights.

3. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Jelly & Boston Cream...might also want to get a thing of coffee. I'll donate.

4. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Anything that will generate some heat is welcome ;)

5. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

coffee and donuts but i was thinking just plain and simple for the donuts so everyone is pleased...

6. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

everyone is pleased w/ jelly and boston cream.

7. undrgrndrdr15

ok ok... dang...

8. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

I should be able to come lend a hand as well. giving you a call mike.

9. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Thank you.

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

haha, yes everyone is pleased with an assortment. Gonna tell you based on past dunkin donut experiences, one dozen will not be nearly enough....

For me.... Haha

11. undrgrndrdr15

i will see what i can do... gotta count my pennies...lol

12. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Mike let me know if you need anything else. If not will see you around 9.

13. speed_ga

speed_ga New Member

Ok guys I got the car on a trailer and ready to go! See yall in the mourning.

14. speed_ga

speed_ga New Member

ohh yeah i'm gonna bring some sodas and two heaters for the garage:) edit....My girlfriend said I can't leave her without a heater...so I will be bringing one...the better one.

15. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

If the heater is a kerosene heater or a propane heater than bring it. The electric ones don't stand a chance of heating my drafty ass garage ;)

16. speed_ga

speed_ga New Member

k I gotcha. If anyone has any soda recommendations...let me know

17. undrgrndrdr15

guys do to my misfortune i cant make it tom... something is up with my car and i have to get it figured out... im sorry i cant make... best of luck though

18. Jake

Jake Active Member

what better place to come if you have something wrong with your car??? I will be there probly closer to 1030-1100ish. I'm sick and just now getting to bed. See you guys there.

19. undrgrndrdr15

other than i dont know if its my clutch or something else... dont really want to drive the car much :/

20. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

The job is done and Doug is on his way home. Had a couple of issues with the bolts to the torque converter and the flex plate but other than that things went ok.

Too bad we didn't have exhaust header gaskets. Without new ones it is leaking on acceleration and sounds bad. Other than that it seems to be running great but I let Doug have the final word on that once he gets home.

Thanks again to everyone that came by to lend a hand or just hang out.

cheers
    Mike

21. WJM

WJM Banned

Sweet.

Couldnt reuse the old gaskets?

22. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Woo Hoo, Subaru Of Roswell does it again. Good to see ya Mike, even though I had to leave shortly after for work.

23. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

They were real bad.

24. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Didn't even have the old gaskets. We went from a double port to single port header.

After I hung up with you some how the crank magically spun. I have to say I was was about to lose it.

After getting all the bolts set then tightening the first two it pulled the convertor to the flex plate and the bolts that were not tight were protruding too far into the housing on the block side and hitting. Some good luck finally came my way and I was able to get the crank to spin enough to tighten the two remaining ones. Man I was so affraid that I was going to have to pull the motor with the torque convertor still attached.

25. Jake

Jake Active Member

sweet sorry I had to leave guys, the medicine was wearing off.

Glad to hear you got those damn bolts fixed.

26. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

oh, those gaskets.

Great job guys.

27. undrgrndrdr15

sorry i missed it guys... not sure whats happening with my car but glad everything went well... who knows maybe its my car we work on next....

and i promise there will be jelly and boston cream donuts....

28. speed_ga

speed_ga New Member

Thanks to everyone who came out and helped! And thanks mike for putting so much time into the swap. The car runs great! I didn't have any problems on my hour and half drive home.

ahh i'm so realieved to have some wheels again....

When mike said something magical happened...it really did. I was about to hit send to bum a ride home from a friend and it just happened to actually spin so we could get to those other bolts:)

29. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I'm glad to hear it worked out for you.

Sorry I had to run off mid-swap. The wife was pissed (I should've left earlier :) )

30. speed_ga

speed_ga New Member

31. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Glad to come out and help for a while. Hope this is the start of things going better for ya!

32. techlord

techlord Active Member

Glad we could help out and all is running smooth. This is a true testament to the goodness of this site and its members.